aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely saw that. So many folks have said that she showed no real reaction, but to me, she was seething. She was giving the jury the serous stink-eye.

Exactly this! Her reaction was pure anger! Her angry eyes were flashing. I've seen a few screen shots and she just looks like she is on fire!

I have to say I'm actually really shocked that Jodi's Mom isn't speaking for her today.

I'd guess a combination of counsel strategy and Jodi preference. I was surprised to read a Beth Karras tweet that said the Alexander Family wouldn't be speaking until Monday. Wonder if she has inside info or SHE'S guessing too. :floorlaugh:

Yesterday was the first time I was able to look at Willmott and feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for her. She worked so hard for an undeserving client. Oh well. That's what you get when you slander a victim. Being a defense lawyer can be a great thing (think Atticus Finch!) but when it stops being about the truth and when you're willing to step over anyone and everyone to get an unremorseful murderer off then it's no good

thanks rose...the BBM above is what I can't get past. I believe one can be a good, effective Defense Attorney (I know a few) and still do it within the guidelines of truth. IMO they stooped so low it will take them a long time, if ever, for me, to look at them with anything less than disgust. (Not that they care of course)

But how do they know she's taking the stand?

I really don't want to hear her mindless babbling lies for one more second.

:seeya: I do understand what you mean about her "mindless babbling lies" ...

:please: And HOPEFULLY this will be the LAST TIME she has an "audience" before she goes off to :jail:

Ya know she is going to "put on a show" because it will be her "last performance" in the courtroom before she goes off to :jail:

And as much as I can't stand to watch her, I wouldn't miss it !

Oh ... reminder to stock up on :popcorn: and :drink: for the last show !

:drumroll:

I have to say I'm actually really shocked that Jodi's Mom isn't speaking for her today.

me too Katie......I find it even more shocking that no one from her family will speak for her life, if what we are hearing is true.

Cackle - I've so often thought of Betty Broderick since this case started because Betty has never EVER exhibited a single bit of remorse for what she did, even to this day. I'm sure Jodi won't, either. They both got the end result they wanted -- that the one they loved could never be with anyone else ever again, and they should be punished for not wanting THEM! (Sorry so poorly worded - lack of sleep!)

I don't believe Jodi will ever, ever apologize since she doesn't believe she did anything wrong. I truly believe she thinks Travis pushed her to kill him and it was all his fault.

Please can someone tell me the question juror #8 asked regarding the hair/hair cut? Thanks!!

:seeya: Good Morning, everyone!

:seeya: I do understand what you mean about her "mindless babbling lies" ...

:please: And HOPEFULLY this will be the LAST TIME she has an "audience" before she goes off to :jail:

Ya know she is going to "put on a show" because it will be her "last performance" in the courtroom before she goes off to :jail:

And as much as I can't stand to watch her, I wouldn't miss it !

Oh ... reminder to stock up on :popcorn: and :drink: for the last show !

:drumroll:

BBM - Oh, I'm right there with ya!!!

It's Thursday - D Day for Jodi.

I awoke this morning with the full on feeling that I can not imagine Jodi pleading for her life in front of the jury. Instead, if she speaks, I see her summing up why Travis had to die and that she is indeed the victim. She will never stray from that posture.

God, give this jury courage.

Who will be giving the statements from the family?

Tanisha and Steven strike me as the two that could get through it (emotionally) better than others.

HLN has reported (repeatedly) that it will be Samantha and Steven.

No gas..yet!!
Thank you, God!
..and thank you Katie (so far)

I hope I can take the 3 year old in arm wrestling..My Little Pony or trial??
We shall see, people. We shall see..
(I am not above using the 'hey, look at the chipmunk!' distraction.
I WIN!!
lol

Here is my perfect ending to this trial...

Arias takes the stand and simply comes clean with everything. I mean everything. Last ditch effort for her to save her life - tells everyone exactly how it went down, why she did it, all the things she did to cover up/lie, apologize to the Alexander family, the jury, the State, Mike, etc...and begs for her life.

If I were in her shoes, that's the angle I would take. She has no shot of LWOP otherwise.

Jury deliberates and comes back with DP anyway.

Ha - suckah

No wonder Jodi is going nutty, no one to speak for her....and has to face the people that really loved Travis. Jodi hates looking bad in her own eyes, and this would do it.

No one to defend her. If I were Wilmot, I would request all pencils be removed from defense table...just saying....

Hmm. I liked to hear more from him myself. Maybe, Tricia can get him and other jurors on her show when this is all over.

I have a great deal of respect that he is willing to put himself out there knowing that the reason for him being dismissed is general knowledge. I certainly do not condone drinking and driving and wish to heck he had not....but it still takes a lot of courage to put himself out there IMO

Original Question:

"Originally Posted by SyraKelly
Can someone tell me the name of the ex-inmate who will take the stand for J? TIA"

It's Kimberly Ross

No way. She did an interview against their wishes and is making it impossible for them to mount the defense.

They want off because they can not stand her. They don't want to defend her anymore. They have done the best they could for this murderess. I think that they know she is going to blow up during this phase when she gets on the stand again. They are just so over all her lies. She blindsided them, She is running her own counter defense and doing interviews..

Nah.. They want off because they are so done with her.

I'm sure they were fed up with her a very long time ago, that they knew from day 1 that she would almost certaintly be found guilty, and that her insistence on going for self-defense was delusional. Like JM, this was not their first rodeo.

I think they asked to quit because their client 's interview put them, as attorneys, in an untenable position, ethically and legally. Emotion or how they felt about her had nothing to with it. I wouldn't be surprised if she did the interview in part just to create this exact situation, one which could have been grounds for appeal.

No gas..yet!!
Thank you, God!
..and thank you Katie (so far)

I hope I can take the 3 year old in arm wrestling..My Little Pony or trial??
We shall see, people. We shall see..
(I am not above using the 'hey, look at the chipmunk!' distraction.
I WIN!!
lol

My answer: two TVs. :D

Is the convicted murderess speaking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88