penalty phase #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it half *advertiser censored* normal for attorneys to ask to be taken off a case in hopes of a mistrial..like a last ditch effort? JMO

This is odd. I posted a reply, and got told by the it was a duplicate. But the reply isn't there. Trying again.

No it's not normal. It's rare, and it wouldn't cause a mistrial - at best a delay. It also looks bad for the attorneys vis-à-vis future clients, because it looks like they are abandoning her (which they are). Would you hire an attorney with a history of abandoning clients? I wouldn't.

The monster doesn't want to fight for her life. She wants one last chance to make Travis's family miserable. She is so vile. I want to throw up just thinking about her.

I am already getting sick to my stomach imagining his family on the stand.

I'm skipping lunch. Don't want to risk it coming back up.

Whatever they end up sentencing her to, she will have to appear at a later date for a formal sentencing. That's when we will see her shackled and in prison garb.

I wouldn't be surprised if her lawyers are begging the judge to literally gag Jodi with duct tape and can they wheel her in strapped to a dolly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arias-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied-207717531.html

So the lawyers wanted to quit after she was convicted, but were denied? What would she have done for the remaining part of the trial if this were granted?

Could this be something she could appeal her death sentence on (if it is given)? That her lawyers wanted to quit and were denied, so she feels they did not effectively argue for her life? Or maybe that's WHY they made the request! So she'd have another possible avenue to appeal?

It really wouldn't have been that big of a deal. She would have been assigned a new attorney to handle only the penalty phase.

I am not in the least surprised by Nurmi & Willmott filing motions to withdraw. I almost knew that had happened when the rumored screaming match ensued after the guilty verdict was read. If that wasn't hard enough for the attorneys to digest, the very next thing they find out is that Jodi had gone behind their back and booked that infamous interview.

Say what you want about Nurmi & Wilmott but I have great empathy for them. Neither one of them wanted this case to begin with but they worked their butts off for years to at least save her life and she sandbags all of their efforts after all that.

What phone do you have? I have an iphone and I watched it on wildabouttrial.com in my Puffin browser. The stream was glitchy though. I miss my laptop. :(
Nali... download the Ustream app.

Then search for azfamily it will be the first one to come up.

I use it on my iPhone all the time and never have a problem. WAT always glitches for me.

ok, i'm here armed with an americano and a bagel with cream cheese, avocado, turkey, cucumber and other goodies. Bring it on!

A few thoughts I had about this whole thing this morning:
Wasn't it nuts how Jodi kept shaking her head no yesterday, when Juan described the stabbings. I wanted him to see her and say "She's saying no, but you all heard her say she had not memory after the shooting"
Also, I think she had full control of the defense, like in the decision to change over from the Ninjas did it to self-defense. Nurmi threw in that heat of passion at the last minute and it made more sense than her whole defense. I can't wait to see what she does today, if she shows up. She's always plotting and scheming, and her plots are so childish.

Also, I have seen many times on the news, where family members are addressing the court, and totally go off on the guilty party. Pointing, screaming, cursing, you're going to hello, and I can't wait, and so forth. They are never shown of the news being corrected, quieted, or removed from the court room. Is that the victim statement phase, or is that just a southern happening? I can't imagine Travis' family doing it, but I would like for someone to, just to see Jodis reaction to it.

Darryl should be ashamed. Jodi used "his son" as an alibi for murder!!!

Hi

Could you clarify that.... I missed a lot of JA's testimony (couldn't take listening to that voice), so how did Jodi use Darryl's son as an alibi?

I am already getting sick to my stomach imagining his family on the stand.

I'm skipping lunch. Don't want to risk it coming back up.

Don't be. This is their moment. For 5 years they have not been able to speak, To stand up for Travis.. Today they do. It will be a proud strong moment.

:seeya: :grouphug: :seeya:

So grateful for my WS friends who understand why this case is so important to me! You all are the BEST! :loveyou:

:praying: Praying the Alexander family feels our love & support today. :praying:

I wish I lived close to you guys! :blushing: Just reading about all that wonderful food makes me feel warm inside. It also makes me think of Travis. He shared food so generously with friends and strangers. We love you, T-Dogg... :tears:

LOL! Must be ham day today! Here in Canada, I am serving ham, scalloped potatoes, green mixed salad, cheese biscuits, homemade strawberry jam, and chocolate chip cookies. Want some? There is plenty.

Something I never did when I was a guard was walk in front of inmates.
I always walked behind them. Never turn your back!

That Guard must be NUTS
squirrel345.gif

Nali... download the Ustream app.

Then search for azfamily it will be the first one to come up.

I use it on my iPhone all the time and never have a problem. WAT always glitches for me.

My AZ on UStream says its offline, is yours like that too?

Im freaking out here!!!

Just asked to leave the courtroom, closed door session taking place. I hope this doesn't mean another delay #Arias #jodiarias

Side note: Went to see Blue Man Group the other day, and they acknowledged the inventor of Whack-a-Mole in the audience! :drumroll:

I wouldn't be surprised if her lawyers are begging the judge to literally gag Jodi with duct tape and can they wheel her in strapped to a dolly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing that just might improve my mood.

Hello Hopeful One! Same here. So glad to be here with you all.

I was so upset thinking about the defendant (not saying her name) that I forgot my manners. Hello everyone! Prayers for Travis's family and loved ones today, it's going to be a rough day for a lot of people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46