GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

Is there any record of the last two days proceedings like on youtube or ustream or anywhere online? Thanks.

I cannot believe the families having to go through this again. This case makes me so so so sick.

OK I see they didn't put on a case and oddly enough he didnt' take the stand and oddly enough; closing arguments are in process. (wow)

I really wish they all could have been tried together. Then the jury would have seen how they all pointed the finger at each other. Then, someone might have actually started telling the truth about what happened in that house. And at least maybe someone would have truely been held accountable for what happened to Chris Newsom.

Since I havent followed this trial can anyone answer a few questions? Was the jury from Knoxville? What was the make up of the jury?

WBIR Channel 10 ‏@wbir 1m

Jury reaches verdict in George Thomas retrial. Verdict will be delivered after jury finishes lunch.

https://twitter.com/wbir

WBIR Channel 10 ‏@wbir 46s

GUILTY: Jury has convicted George Thomas on ALL charges. This is exactly the same decision as before. #cntrial

https://twitter.com/wbir

Hello, I am new to this forum. This is is more than sad. If anyone missed the live stream, you can view this on YouTube by Croakerqueen123.

My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of the victims.

They gave this monster a chance for parole!!!!! Nashville jury sucks. I can not believe this.

Those poor parents have been victimized over and over again.

Does anybody know if a True Crime author plans on writing a book on this horrible, horrible case?

I feel like a book needs to written about Channon & Chris and all the horrible things they had to go through.

Does anybody know if a True Crime author plans on writing a book on this horrible, horrible case?

I feel like a book needs to written about Channon & Chris and all the horrible things they had to go through.

Jamie Satterfield. who covered the trials for the Knoxville News Sentinel, is working on a book about the case.

Just going by a comment on twitter, But Gary, Channon's father had made a comment to Jamie Satterfield (Knoxville News Sentinel Crime Reporter) at a hearing that she should write a book about the case.

Jamie has covered this case for years and I believe would write a fantastic book. She knows the case inside out, has supported the families and I for one would buy the book! She seems incredibly knowledgeable about the case.

I don't know whether or not she plans to write one, but I think she would
be the best person to do it.

Just to say, I did not see William's post before I posted my response about Jamie Satterfield possibly writing a book on the case.

I am glad she is writing the book, I had hoped she would. She has been covering that case for years and I honestly believe that no one else could write it better than she can.

I will be buying a copy when it comes out.

I am also sad that this case and the subsequent re-trials because of
Judge Baumgartner's addiction did not receive a fraction of the publicity that the Arias Trial got.

The murder of Channon and Chris was probably the most heinous case that I have ever heard of and coupled with the legal problems after the conviction's, down to Judge B's addiction, heaped more misery and injustice on to those poor families IMO.

I wish this had had more publicity nationally and internationally, because I honestly believe that the legal system (and one Judge's action's and another's decision's in particular) not only failed the Newsom and Christian families but caused much more hurt and misery. I know that people who had heard of this case were absolutely outraged, but I wish the media would have picked up on this case much more and demanded answer's from the relevant agency's as to why those families had to go through this all again.

Whilst I do believe in the right to a fair trial, IMHO in this case the pendulum of justice and dencency seemed so skewered towards the perp's rights, whilst the families right's and feelings were sorely neglected and ignored.

I mean really.....excluding some of the victim photographs from the Thomas trial?! They did this to them, the jury should have seen every single one of them! :maddening:

Someone on another forum said they got to hear the call that Channon made to her father during the GT trials?

The trial videos are up on Youtube (in parts).

Did anyone else get to hear the phone call? I would like to hear it.

I did not watch George Thomas's trial online so I'm curious if they included the call that Channon made.

TY.

And I'm excited that Jamie S. is working on a book about this case. I believe she would do much better at writing this than a seasoned true crime author.

I will def. be buying a copy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam