Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 106 12.2%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 632 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.8%

• Total voters
Her card was not there. She said that to confuse Flores about where the photos had come from. I don't see that it makes sense to put the pictures on his camera as proof that she'll blackmail him.

Her plan was to kill him, and the plan was formulated before she left yreka. So there's no need to blackmail him if she knows she's going to kill him while she's at his house. If she premeditated murder, then blackmail is superfluous.

Her hair was lighter in the police interrogation videos under the harsh light. I believe the flash on Travis' camera probably made her hair look a little lighter, but she was blonde in April, according to Ryan. She last saw Travis in April, according to her. In most of the pictures during her relationship with Travis, she's blonde. So there's no way she had brown hair with Travis on his bed at any time before she dyed her hair on June 3rd.

I don't think the lightness of her hair on the bed pictures means that her hair wasn't dark. We know that her hair has been brown during trial. Look at this picture of her post trial interview.

mqdefault.jpg

Same interview, picture pulled from a different website:

22222919_BG1.jpg

It kind of looks to me like she is starting the graying process.

How does one go about creating a poll on Tap n Talk? I predict the death penalty for Arias and wonder what others think. Thank you all.

And Jodi's hair is nowhere near that length and thickness. So time to braid it really isn't a factor, it's the dyeing it that takes time.

In order to have pale blonde hair like Jodi had takes many applications of bleach and a large amount of damage to go through. I personally believe that the dye on her hair was more less a temp type of coloring that rinses out with 6 shampoos.

One shampoo would rinse out some of that dark color you see in the car photo. Maybe it was lighter from a recent shower after she arrived at Travis'.

Temporary haircoloring would still allow her to be a blonde after the other 5 shampoos- no need to go through all of the bleaching again- moo

One problem I have with those pictures that day is the fact that in each one is that bottle of KY. And the fact that Travis did not want pictures of his genitals taken in the shower. But the one's where he is on the bed look like he is asleep in the first one and startled in the second.

I keep wondering about the picture of the window screen on the ground.

I'm not sure, but I that the photo of the window screen on the ground was actually from the "break in" at her grandparents' house?

given their history, showing up at 4 in the morning unannounced doesn't seem like something that would have gone over very well, something that would have resulted in open arms and an invitation to stay - most guys, believe it or not, eventually draw the line, even if it means passing up a sure thing. to me it seems more likely that ja surveilled the house from her car upon arrival and then, when satisfied that the coast was clear, called ta from a nearby pay phone and convinced him to let her come over.

I've always thought... maybe assumed because there was a lot of phone activity during her trip there... that he knew she was coming.

I just couldn't believe she would take a chance driving that far out of her way to happen upon him at home...alone. Also, calling someone and getting them on their cell phone is certainly no guarantee they are home.

The more I think about it ... the more I get 4am being a pretty good chance of rolling up on him and catching him at home... or getting him on the phone late night last minute and offering up her services.

The thing that most convinced me recently that she popped in was that little bit of truth in every lie deal she does. I heard her tell the story about letting herself in... and standing in the doorway of his office watching him for I think 45 seconds or so?. I believed that part of her story. Did that make you shudder a little too?

I do find it so odd though that she planned this without having any idea what the roommates comings and goings would be.

I don't think she ever planned to just bust into the house shooting slashing and stabbing...

I think she went there with an agenda and a back up plan. I honestly think the murder was plan B.

ETA: I think she parked the rental car in his garage. Remember the cinnabon story? She was out of town and her car was in his garage... leads me to think his roommates didn't park in the garage.

She arrives approximately 4 a.m. and he is killed at 5:30 p.m. Is there any record that they were downstairs in the kitchen getting something to eat? It seems that in 12 hours one of them would get hungry and raid the refrigerator. Did the autopsy report talk about stomach contents?
Maybe that's when she grabbed a knife and brought it upstairs?

I just read the autopsy report and it states that there was 25 ml of brown partially digested food fragmants. So, he must have eaten something during the time she was there. They (or one of them) went into the kitchen for food.

Men love it when ladies "dress-up" & "role play".

I don't think Travis knew Jodi would be stopping by in Mesa on her way to Utah.

But, when she showed up in Mesa at 4 a.m. begging to just stay one night on her way to see another guy, it would be hard to say no. Travis knew Jodi cared more about him than he did about her when he was having sex with her while she was living in Mesa. Despite being repulsed by her stalking, Travis might have felt some responsibility because he'd given Jodi hope by giving in and sleeping with her. Manipulative Jodi knew how to play on Travis's guilt and his weakness to her charms.

So with Jodi "stranded" and without a place to go in the wee hours of the morning, despite Travis being done with her, it would take a pretty cold heart to not let Jodi "in". Even though Travis had DUMPED Jodi in no uncertain terms in May, Jodi was still someone Travis had cared for and there would have been guilt for the "not nice words" he'd used doing the dumping. If I were Travis, even though Jodi deserved every mean word, I'd still have felt like a cad for "breaking Jodi's heart" by making promises in the beginning of the relationship and later having sex with her after he knew she wasn't the "one". And, I imagine that Jodi was apologizing so sincerely, crying pitifully and swearing it was "just this one last time". Stalker or not, Jodi had never harmed Travis before, it was flattering to have a woman SO smitten & adoring & begging for his attention. NOW, she just wanted a place to sleep. Rationally, Jodi lived a 1000 miles away AND she was "on her way to see another man". Jodi was saying she was "moving on". So "what harm" could come from letting Jodi "in"?

After Travis let Jodi sleep over, I think Travis would have gone along with waiting for Jodi to braid her hair for a photo-shoot that would give Travis the chance to show off his NEW camera.

How many men could resist the chance to show off a "new toy" to a fellow gadget enthusiast? Especially in such a fun way?

Just my opinion.

I just don't see many men letting a woman in that was highly suspected of slashing their car tires, not once, but twice. To many red lights, Travis did not think with his head.

Travis did not have axe murdering concerns about JA. It was a general statement he made. There is no way that Travis thought for a minute that JA who had slashed his tires and stalked him was also capable of murder. He was a naïve boy driven by his innocence and sexual urges on that fateful day in June.

Travis was no boy, he was a grown man. He like so many other men, just did not care. He liked the sex, but he also knew she could very well become dangerous. Stalkers who start to do damage to your property and also stalk who you may be dating are losing control. Most women who have been in Travis's shoes would had never let the stalker in their home, they would had called the police. There would be no contact. Travis made the mistake...it will never happen to me, like so many others who are hurt or killed by their ex's , stalkers.

I just don't think he knew she was coming. Ever. She painstakingly planned this trip to show that she was NOT in AZ. She wouldn't tell him she was coming, because he might tell a roomate or friend she was coming, and that would unravel her alibi. Of course, little did she know that she did NOT plan the perfect crime and her plan was full of more holes than swiss cheese.

I just don't think he knew she was coming. Ever. She painstakingly planned this trip to show that she was NOT in AZ. She wouldn't tell him she was coming, because he might tell a roomate or friend she was coming, and that would unravel her alibi. Of course, little did she know that she did NOT plan the perfect crime and her plan was full of more holes than swiss cheese.

Renee-I agree with you. I don't think he knew at all. She could not take a chance of anybody knowing that she was going to "murder" TA. I don't think we will ever know what really transpired.

Travis was no boy, he was a grown man. He like so many other men, just did not care. He liked the sex, but he also knew she could very well become dangerous. Stalkers who start to do damage to your property and also stalk who you may be dating are losing control. Most women who have been in Travis's shoes would had never let the stalker in their home, they would had called the police. There would be no contact. Travis made the mistake...it will never happen to me, like so many others who are hurt or killed by their ex's , stalkers.

The tires were slashed in December, he saw her multiple times in the following months.

One problem I have with those pictures that day is the fact that in each one is that bottle of KY. And the fact that Travis did not want pictures of his genitals taken in the shower. But the one's where he is on the bed look like he is asleep in the first one and startled in the second.

What I find strange is that, on the sex tape, Travis said they'd take a picture of him with his penis sticking straight up in the air.

So why would he care if she took ones of his genitals in the shower.

OH--Typing this just made me realize the answer.

Because he probably wanted to show them to other people, people he didn't want to see his genitals--at least not yet. :blushing: So maybe he wanted harmless shower pics to show off his bod, ones that were not x-rated. That way, he could show Mimi, other women, or even his male friends--you know, just to brag.

The tires were slashed in December, he saw her multiple times in the following months.

That is what I am pointing out. He knew she was becoming nutty. He just did not care in my opinion. He knew each time he had sex with her be it physical or verbal, phone sex that he was leading her to believe that he wanted her in his life.

Just too many games that led to a tragic murder. The game should had stopped when she was doing the tire slashing. Women have been dealing with crazy stalkers, ex husbands and ex boyfriends and some they never had any sexual contact with for years. Many women have died because of this, I remember there was time when there was no laws against stalking.

They passed the laws because so many women were being murdered or beaten, but there was nothing to stop a stalker before the laws came into place.

I just read the autopsy report and it states that there was 25 ml of brown partially digested food fragmants. So, he must have eaten something during the time she was there. They (or one of them) went into the kitchen for food.

I think oatmeal was mentioned.

What I find strange is that, on the sex tape, Travis said they'd take a picture of him with his penis sticking straight up in the air.

So why would he care if she took ones of his genitals in the shower.

OH--Typing this just made me realize the answer.

Because he probably wanted to show them to other people, people he didn't want to see his genitals--at least not yet. :blushing: So maybe he wanted harmless shower pics to show off his bod, ones that were not x-rated. That way, he could show Mimi, other women, or even his male friends--you know, just to brag.

I would think that he would have flexed his muscles or posed a lot better than what the photos show. And why would he look so surprised in one of the final shower pics? Just doesn't make sense to me.

That is what I am pointing out. He knew she was becoming nutty. He just did not care in my opinion. He knew each time he had sex with her be it physical or verbal, phone sex that he was leading her to believe that he wanted her in his life.

Just too many games that led to a tragic murder. The game should had stopped when she was doing the tire slashing. Women have been dealing with crazy stalkers, ex husbands and ex boyfriends and some they never had any sexual contact with for years. Many women have died because of this, I remember there was time when there was no laws against stalking.

They passed the laws because so many women were being murdered or beaten, but there was nothing to stop a stalker before the laws came into place.

She told Detective Flores that she had not been out there since early April. And Travis had already been to the Bishop to start his repental process.

Can't believe I didn't already Vote No here but I have now. No, Travis didn't know she was on her way to his house. Thanks for letting me vote!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back