Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all from Scotland. My kids are beginning to think that mummy wears headphones all the time in the evening . :blushing:

I thought she should have pled permanent insanity and asked for lifetime confinement to a hospital for the criminally insane, where she could live out her life in a 'society' with others just like her. Maybe AZ doesn't have anything like that but it would have made more sense than the defense waged in that courtroom.

no way that would have worked. she clearly, by her lies and cover up, knew what she did was wrong. she's not 'insane.'

"Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras
The courtroom is full. Attorneys are here. No Arias yet."

What would happen if she freaked out and threw a full fledged fit and wouldn't go in? They can't keep putting this off forever.

Is the DT's 5th motion for mistrial? :facepalm:

Jodi is many, many things and while I don't think she is too bright, in most regards, she isn't stupid either. I don't think she will mention Travis- at all.

She is going to try to tell the jury all the wonderful things about herself and why they should spare her life.

She knows that they didn't believe her story- at all! They all agreed the murder was premeditated- that is what they said to her face when they answered the clerk by saying "yes" to the verdict.

She is going to try to convince them to let her live.

Go ahead and try- her reasons will not be enough I think.

PATTY WOMACK WITHDRAWS TO TESTIFY AS TO ARIAS' CHARACTER BECAUSE OF DEATH THREATS: BECAUSE OF THIS DEFENSE FILES A MOTION FOR MISTRIAL ON SUNDAY

Source:http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-witness-withdraws-because-death-threats.html
I don't believe Pat was going to offer anything significant for mitigation. On the other hand, CMJA with such excelent verval communucation skill will be speaking for herself. I am sure she will have major point to score for mitigation, unfortunately they are going to be lies and not going to be believed.

A former judge on HLN said it's not uncommon to file a mistrial motion at this stage. Protecting the record. The defense basically saying to judge, give us a mistrial because we plan to get you reversed on appeal anyway

I'm having a hard time understand what the grounds for the mistrial would be. I get it that Jodi is potentially being deprived of someone to testify on her behalf <eyeroll> but even if the whole kit-and-caboodle had been moved to Bisbee, people would still have received death threats. How is anybody going to stop people from calling, texting, posting on Facebook?

I hope she admits the truth and begs for forgiveness. Then life is appropriate. If she oges up there and blames Travis again then DP is a stronge possibility. MO

I think if she does it will be seen for what it is .. transparent attempt to manipulate the outcome .. she's toast.

Just made it, no place to sit. :scared:
I'll just scrunch up here, on the floor in the corner. :shush:

From WAT :

33s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I take this moment to down a few cashews and chug a little of my propel zero water. It's not bad, good deal at costco. #JodiArias

:waitasec: COSTCO -- is that where JA allegedly bought that case of water for her trip to Arizona ?

:scared:

question about alternates: do they remain alternates & the original 12 deliberate on the penalty, or are another 12 picked from the total pool? Thanks!:seeya:

Hi All, I've been following the trial and following you all here on Web Slueths almost since day one. Since we are now coming close to the end I wanted to thank you for your wonderful insights, analysis and wit and humor that has made this difficult trial far more interesting and tolerable.

My feeling about the end of the trial is that no matter how this all works out for Miss Jodi she will soon be forgotten and that will be the worst punishment for this gal who loves the spotlight.

I'll bet it's some sort of jury instruction to inform the jury that Nurmi's promised witness testimony by Patty isn't evidence to use against Jodi because now she isn't going to testify.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so too. I'm not even sure if the death threats are real. I can totally see her either lying or being in cahoots with those who believe CMJA "innocent" making fake death threats to get rid of this jury.

I think it's more likely that PW realized the #$%& storm she was about to step into and thought there was no way she wanted JM to be able to prove her a liar too, so she backed out or conveniently used "death threats" as an excuse. Which the defense promptly filed to try to use to their advantage.

I don't this this should be allowed to derail a trial. Otherwise, what's to stop every single defendant from having people they know issue fake death threats to their witnesses and having every single trial end in a mistrial??

It isn't going to work, CMJA is going down!

I was gone all weekend. What's this about a death threat? TIA

I hope she admits the truth and begs for forgiveness. Then life is appropriate. If she oges up there and blames Travis again then DP is a stronge possibility. MO

BBM. But how would we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members