Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 59s

Council just called back to chambers.#JodiArias #FOX10 Jodi follows them in.
Expand
Troy Hayden Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1m

Judge looked really mad when she left bench. Attys huddling with #JodiArias. Are they trying to talk her out of making a statement?#FOX10

they have mitigation witnesses sitting right there in the front row. if they can't use them because of their lies about them not being supportive, that's ALSO their fault.

This is not so that the DT can get an appeal. Appeal happens regardless. DT has to protect themselves from habeas based in ineffective assistance of counsel. Habeas and Appeal are entirely different things.

So no witnesses ,..
Does this mean we won't nphave to be subjected to anyone arguing that JA is an "artiste" and should live to share her "art with the world".
Please ... Don't go there Defense.
Juan will expose JA's art as tracing of copy righted material.

So in laymen's terms Nurmi just said "F You!" to the Judge.

I think he handled it well... very mature. Very professional.

Oh my...if Nurmi doesn't have a good reason to not put DB on the stand, he may get his mistrial--and might also be disbarred.

Nurmi is grandstanding for the public and media. He was totally disrespectful to the Court. Yikes.

I don't think JA feels like "elocuting" (sp?) today.

Just because you're on drugs ...doesn't mean we're not still best friends ...
Love,
Jodi

I'm on drugs BECAUSE we're still best friends.

Nurmi has been trying to intimidate the judge for MONTHS!

IMHO, at this point, this is just a tactic by the defense. They want to intimidate the judge and make sure that the record reflects that they did not get an opportunity to give their defendant a fair trial.

This just reads and stinks of APPEAL, APPEAL, APPLEAL.

OK....does anyone think I have time to run to the gas station for a bag of ice?????

What a WILD RIDE this has been...I just feel for the family right now. So many thoughts this must bring for them. I mean, are they now worried about appeals, retrials, going through this again? And if the state says forget it, she walks?

I just can't imagine how this is for them!

Can someone explain this to me?

Now the Defense is saying (at least that's what it sounded like to me) because the Court does not grant our motion to mistrial, we're not going to call any witnesses.
But there were supposed to be more witnesses than just that one woman who withdrew from testifying, right?

So won't they hurt their client's case if they don't call anyone else now? Or does that mean the other witnesses withdrew, as well?

I'm confused, because while I didn't always agree with their tactics, to me it always seemed like the Defense was trying to get the most out of it for their client, working with what little they had, and this move now seems like a child stomping their foot to me - like, you know, you didn't do what we wanted, so now we're not going to proceed accordingly. Which I don't even think this actually is, I'm just stumped as to what else it could be.

I'm sure I'm simply missing the legal/ trial-related background to this, so if someone could give me a quick explanation, that would be great.

The thing is that the court Judge has offered to have the witnesses testify in sealed proceedings, so that protects the witnesses.

If I were the defense, I would put on every one she ever knew. Throw every witness they can at the jury.

I cannot believe that Alyce Laviolette is not present to take the stand in support of abuse victim, Jodi.

what is "reversable error???"

is that another way of saying....you are granted an appeal?

Oh boy. Nobody wants to say anything good about jodi

There isn't a soul in this world who is willing to fight for Jodi's life...not one soul! I wonder if she gets it now...absolutely no one cares enough about her to attempt to save her life.

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and Willmott went to chambers and #JodiArias followed. Stay tuned for more waiting everyone. :)

:scared::scared: Is WAT on a DELAY ? I see he is way ahead of the video ...

:scared::scared: Now I have the SEAL on WAT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie