Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly though it's a HUGE mistake for the DT to not call Jodi's mother to the stand. Horrendous mistake. Which makes me think that it's JODI who doesn't want her to testify.

Her mother would have to commit perjury or she would turn into a state's witness. Jodi was not severely abused as she claims, so her mom would have to lie for Jodi.

If I was a betting woman - and I'm not - my money would be on Jodi NOT speaking tomorrow. She never should have said anything in the first place, obviously. We'll see.

:seeya: Ah, that is interesting and it would NOT surprise me if she does NOT speak ...

But ... I do think she will speak because she wants the "attention" ...

And if I say any more ... :innocent: ... I will be on vacay ...

:floorlaugh:

If they really want justice..stop the threats!
this is not solving an already bad situation..:seeya:
it will never end if this keeps up..:please::moo:

Unfortunately, the defense seems to make misleading accusations.
:waitasec:

While there are nuts out there, no sane person would try to silence a friend who wants to speak on behalf of a defendant. :silenced:

While I may not speak for others, I personally would want to hear what these people have to say so I could gain better understanding and try to find some semblance of goodness or humanness in the murderer. :confused:

Who really stops these last statements really? and why?
:drama:

It looks like Nurmi is just trying to hold the court hostage with baseless accusations directed at the opposition.

Everyone needs a voice, even her friends and family. So No matter how heinous and vile you find the actions of the guilty, we should urge everyone to walk the higher ground of just, fair, gracious treatment of everyone involved in this case, especially those somehow connected with the defendant.

:whiteflag:

As an AZ resident, I'm pizzed. More of my hard earned tax dollars.

You guys know how much we pay KN and JW per hour? It's A LOT.

Right! And not just them, their expert witnesses, and that lady who sits behind JA except for the times she's kneeling down next to her, what is she for? I am sick of paying for this circus! OK, so JA's witnesses bailed, so what. That should not have anything to do with JA speaking. Enough with all this "fair trial BS"

Or he didn't show up, either. I didn't read any Tweets from court observers that he was there this morning.

My guess is that Nurmi and Willmott told him not to bother to show up after everything that happened on Thursday. And Womak, or whatever her name is, spoke to HLN and said that she envied CMJA's childhood. She said (paraphrasing), *When I was a kid, I wished I had her life.* Then she said the thing that was the hardest for her was when she learned that CMJA actually did kill Travis. The defense is just flailing here. It's pathetic.

Oh man, check ths out:

Diana Alvear ‏@AlvearDiana 3m
More from #PattyWomack: "so much good in #JodiArias to be saved but then...someone's dear life was taken...heart goes out to Alexander fam."
from Phoenix, AZ

Diana Alvear ‏@AlvearDiana 16m
#JodiArias childhood friend #PattyWomack won't testify - tells @NBCNews: "I couldn't do it. People are being so cruel to me."

https://twitter.com/AlvearDiana

Well.. Well.. Does Patti buy the Domestic Abuse story or not? The plot thickens.

Couldn't her mom and dad paint a picture of her life? Her siblings?

:waitasec:

Yes, but I'm thinking they wouldn't paint they one JA would like painted. Or photographed. Or drawn. Or traced.

Just when I think we'll have one day where no one will say, "you can't make this stuff up," we have something like today. SMH

Seems to me that the offer for in camera testimony pretty much negates any argument about witness intimidation. I think that will be a problem for them on appeal.

The whole point is for her testify so she can appeal after sentencing. :moo:

Appealing for <you fill in the blanks>.

BBM:

:seeya:

:waitasec: Just had a thought from reading your post ... fwiw ... lol !

Jodi absolutely has an ulterior motive and no doubt there is an ulterior motive for what happened today ...

Could it be that Jodi does NOT want anybody to testify for her because she does NOT want anyone else to be the "center of attention" -- at least the "center of attention" for the amount of time that that person would be testifying ? KWIM ?

In other words, its HER show -- the "Jodi Show" -- and she does NOT want to share it with anyone !

Does she think that this latest ploy will win her sympathy from the jury ?

I DOUBT IT !

They "have her number" already ...

:moo:

Jodi's lawyers are in a difficult, even impossible position. Remember: She originally wanted to defend herself; now they have reached a stage when everything is clearly lost, so she feels justified to be the loose cannon. There is no telling what she will say when she speaks. I suspect that she will fault her attorneys and assert that the jury is not hearing witnesses that could prove Travis' abuse. (I think that in her own head, she was sexually abused by him, simply because he ultimately didn't take the marriage bait of her entire naked body but guiltily continued to accept it.)

ITA. When you look at the list of "mitigating factors" they don't look like something the DT put together. They look like more of JA's la-la-land thinking. And think about it: JM said that PW stated JA's childhood was GREAT; no abuse. What, exactly, would she have brought to the table? And by sticking to that nonsense, JA has effectively ruled out ANY family member on the stand.

Maybe AZ Lawyer can pipe in here? Why didn't the DT use DeMarte's diagnosis and claim a personality disorder as a mitigating factor? I know a PD is not a defense strategy, but why not use it in mitigation?

It's almost laughable if it wasn't so dispicable that Nurmi stands up there arguing the point that this trial has been too public (hurting her case) when his client has been tweeting and giving interviews and basking in the glow of the publicity of the trial and her testiphony clearly went on for a month for the purpose of attention.

Hypocrisy at its ugliest.

I don't know about these lawyers! Of hers, I won't say what I'm thinking for fear of timeout! But I've never seen anything like it.:banghead:
I don't like 'em either, but I still believe it's JODI calling the shots. According to Sky & Chris even last night on radio, Jodi's been telling everyone that she's GOT NO family, that none of them care about her, that they're estranged - and she's been saying it since the days of living in Mesa and stalking Travis..

This is the storyline she's put out there since 2006/2007, and she's not going to flip it over at this point. So, there they sit ~ surely willing to get up there and beg for her life ~ but it's Jodi & Jodi alone that holds them at arms length and is preventing them from saying a word.

I'll bet when she's on death row, she'll make her family feel guilty for NOT taking the stand to beg for her life. She'll blame them to their face for her being there, that they put the needle in her arm all on their own. It's what she's always done to her family, primarily her mother. That won't stop.

And what happened to Jodi's art? I bet we're not going to get to see that either. Who intimidated the defense regarding the art? Dior, Guess, all of the above?

Did anyone get a screen capture of ja's sister in the survivor tee shirt? If so please post it.

Still just scratching my head. So, JA, if you really do prefer death over a life sentence, why all the delays? Maybe freaking out a little that that just might happen???

I don't think she cares what the sentence is. It's all about the appeals process now. Although Death might be a better sentence for her at this point--as the State will pay for her appeals lawyers.

This defense is a joke, but if Nurmi and Wilmott want to be pissed at someone, they need only look to their right at the defense table. She is making them look like a couple of bad jokes.

Nurmi argues that the media prevented his killer from getting a fair trial. Hmm, well, it doesn't seem to bother her a bit when she's USING the media. She can tweet and give ridiculous interviews all day long, right? The argument about the media just falls flat.

The killer goes into one of her many tv interviews and says she wants the death penalty. Hmm, well, for someone who wants the death penalty, she sure is fighting hard against it. This should have been the fastest, easiest part of this whole circus.

This narcissistic, ignorant killer has run the entire judicial system into the damn ground. HOW could this possibly be happening? HOW can someone who was found guilty brutally slaughtered another human being, be allowed to control a courtroom like this? How LONG is this crap going to continue?

Just MHOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member