Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is not a talented artist .. but then I'm sure the jury could see that.

Oh, she has a few problems with perspective, for sure. You mean, like that Frank Sinatra profile? Looked like a canned ham in a fedora.

Juan did his usual great job ignoring Jennifer's objections and giving a great argument - but let me ask you guys....what if he had gotten up there, made a fist and simply slammed the podium 29 times - without saying a word? Could he have done that, or did he have to respond, point by point, to the mitigation?

That would have been awesome..

Does anyone really believe the convicted killer has donated her hair 3 x's? I have never seen her with short hair.

it only takes 8-10 inches....I've been doing it during the same time....it can be done---doesn't mean a complete short cut---

Just want to say thank you to Beach for posting on twitter about the technical issue, it saved me a lot of worry, and I urge people if you don't have twitter get it, it might save you worrying you have been sent to the naughty bin :p

I saw some scary places today, with some erm, checkered language.

I see JA wants to win Miss America and you can buy a tshirt too. Lol. Okay, recyling? Books to pass notes and dope in?

Seriously though, I do think that is the best she could do. She felt the issue was to let the jury get to know her.

Unfortunately, she completely contradicted every mitigating factor given. JW did a great job, but stretched it a bit far with the great artist, poet, could've been a defense attorney? When? When she is 90? She didn't have enough college background to get started, but there you have it.

Juan just looks great, and pointed a lot out.

What does everyone think the jury will decide?

I was SO shocked that JA didn't say 'I need help. I want to get better. I can do that in prison.' Instead she insanely rambles on about helping others. What? A psycho helping others? What world are we living in? Should we made Ted Bundy an ambassador or some sort too? What about Charles Manson? Scott Peterson.

If anything put a nail in her coffin it's her pathetic speech!

EXCELLENT point! I pray the the jurors can see that she really doesn't think she did wrong, and SHE doesn't need help. So scary.

UGH, I hated following facebook, but put the word out websleuths is open for business again. Juan ROCKS!

For those of you not in AZ, did you know that AZ has an 85% policy? ie, she may get 25 years, but will be eligible for parole after she serves 85% of that. So 21.25 years.

I'm not an expert on this, but I THINK that's what it means.

Backing up my thought
http://azsentencing.org/issues/117-truth-in-sentencing

Only since 1994 has the system ensured that a convicted criminal serve at least 85% of the sentence, removing uncertainty about the actual length of time served.

According to HLN, if they give her life, she will be considered for parole in 25 yrs.

Frankly, i don't think Jodi can keep her nose clean for that long. She WILL commit violent infractions in prison.

The DT is trying to use her personality dysfunction as a mitigating factor for no DP. Well, it's those fatal personality flaws which will be her downfall in the prison cages, too.

She NEVER said "I'm sorry" how pathetic and a downright slap in the face to the Alexander family.

It's still all about her.

I think the DT took a ramped up page out of Baez's book with the argument that just because she's a liar, it doesn't make her savage murder of Travis worthy of the death penalty. Now that's logic for you.

So, what you guys are saying is that you were not moved by her impassioned plea?

oh i was moved alright,moved to stick the needle in her arm.

after 5mins of her starting i already wanted to chuck my tablet off the wall :facepalm:

So, what you guys are saying is that you were not moved by her impassioned plea?

It was totally detached as if she were the attorney and was talking about a completely different person. Wonder if the jurors are scratching their heads about that t-shirt and how she could sell them for "charity". I think that was a big mistake. Shows when she has an issue she will not let go of it.

Oh wow, been in a serious panic. Thank you , can put my paper bag away now!

Ok a few things I remember that I didn't like about JA's "address"
-Whipping out the survivor shirt (and all her accompanying comments about DV)
-Talking about never being a mother herself (Travis will never be a FATHER!)
-talking about never wanting to trash TA's rep (total and complete LIE! I wish Juan had called her on this! She wanted a trial!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998