Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Criticizing the media for conducting interviews.
They are doing their job when they conduct an interview, whether we like the person they are interviewing or not. And yes, their job is to increase viewers. ABC, NBC, HLN - these are businesses, not public service entities. If they did not think anyone wanted to watch a specific person being interviewed, they would not bother to do an interview.

For the most part, I have appreciated the media coverage of this case. And the Casey Anthony case, even though I didn't like the way it turned out.

I guess the way I look at it is that if the newspaper or the TV network does not do these interviews, then they won't even be around in the future. (Like the late Court TV, which I still miss so much!) So I just try to keep it all into perspective.

The trial isn't over, the jury is deciding between life and death. The defense would love for one or two of the jurors to accidentally (or purposely) see an interview so they can try to get a new jury for this phase.

Was having serious withdrawals not getting in here. I was maniac lol

I'm sorry, but how does outlining your childhood, coupled with mentioning all the many things that you will miss out on, (i.e. motherhood, Christmases with family, etc.) plus outlining what fun and exciting prospects you anticipate glean any support or mercy from the jury? To me, all it reminds me of is what she robbed Travis and his family of. My God. He had MAJOR hopes and dreams -they weren't exactly recycling programs and donating hair, but very valid and worthy dreams...

I am conflicted about the DP...As I understand it, that would mean a hefty price for tax payers, + tax payers paying for her appeals...and it would never end... At the same time, the thought of her being out on the street at age 52 shakes me to the core. My older sisters are about that age...and still living life to the fullest, and knocking of the, proverbial "1,000 places" each year...I don't think she deserves to be out in 20 years and have the opportunity to breath ocean air again, for example. And for that reason alone, I don't want to see the jury find life imprisonment as a verdict.

She might as well go out with a bang, because the Jodi show will soon be over.

And little Jodi know this. She knows all her fans are just waiting to hear and see her tonight

Has anyone seen one of her self serving interviews today? Listening to the sheriff tonight made my blood boil.

I hope someone here who watches will post some of what is said in the interviews. I won't be able to watch- I don't have cable anymore thanks to my darling husband getting rid of it while I was on my trip! :(

What?? :eek:
Are you still married?
Is he sleeping on the couch?
Is he allowed to speak to you yet?
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Dr. Drew: "As a human being, I have compassion for her." Tell you what, Dr. D.......I am a human being last time I checked and I have absolutely NO compassion for this cold-blooded killer who shows not an ounce of remorse for what she did! Are you looking for an interview, Dr. D.????

BBM

Seems like a lot of them are angling for an interview. I was disappointed with Beth Karas for the first time today and wondered if she was positioning herself for an interview. Her assessment of today's allocution was unfortunate.

Re: Dr. Drew- His behaviour has become increasingly erratic and worrisome after the death of Mindy McCready. There are times on camera where he appears, dare I say...unhinged. I wonder if the stress of his personal life is causing him to act in a way that he hasn't in years past.

He needs some sort of intervention himself. The manner in which he delivered the comment about feeling "bad" for the convicted murderer was thrown down like a challenge or a school yard dare. Odd and alarming.

Giving a speech in the 8th grade. :floorlaugh:

Along with cupcakes and pencils with her name on them...:floorlaugh:

Didn't anybody else feeel like she was running for class president, or at least giving a half as attempt for college admissions...

Is that true that Juan pushed the envelope about the killer could get out on parole on LWOP? perhaps the judge messed up too? Who knows with hln: ad?

I'm still trying to figure out how she donated 30 inches of hair in 5 years, and never had short hair. She must've put Miracle Gro on her scalp, or something.

Probably another lie..maybe she's thinking of doing it now imho. I would need proof she did that.

Or as I see it her speaking to the judges (jury) in the Miss Arizona pageant. I was waiting to perform her knife throwing tricks:banghead:

BBM: :seeya: Exactly ...

:waitasec: "Miss Arizona" -- she was going for "Miss America" ... :floorlaugh:

No wait -- she was going for "Miss Universe" ... :floorlaugh:

Her drivel today about donating her hair ... teaching inmates to speak Spanish ... teaching art ... blah blah blah ... reminded me so much of the Question and Answer portion of a "pageant" --

NOT someone who was trying to save her life from the Death Penalty !

:waitasec: Oh yeah, she left out that she was for "world peace" ... oh, and "saving the whales" ... oh wait -- maybe she'll include this in tonight's interviews ... blah blah blah ...

She is despicable ... :furious:

:moo:

omg some one goofed!!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130521jodi-arias-verdict.html

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Tue May 21, 2013 12:58 PM

DO NOT PUBLISH UNTIL SENTENCING VERDICT IS RETURNED!!!

TK hours after getting the case, a Maricopa County Superior Court jury came back with a verdict of TK for Jodi Arias, 32 who killed her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, 30.

It has been nearly five years since Travis Alexander’s friends found him dead in the shower of his Mesa home, June 9, 2008. He’d been there for five days and was already showing signs of decomposition. He’d been shot in the head, stabbed nearly 30 times, and his throat was slit, though the defense prosecution debated the order in which he’d received those wounds.

... quick read the rest b4 they realize what they have done!!!

As for her hair, it can as easily be cut and donated from death row as from general population.

Judge on HLN said that JM stating that jury has 3 choices DP LWOP and LWP in 25 yrs was a HUGE mistake for JSS to allow JM to say and HUGE MISTAKE for JM to say in the first place...umm...anyone know why he shouldn't have discussed it and why it is wrong for JM to do so?

We've also got pictures of her jail cell with newspapers, u know she can watch tv, and she has any number of loyals to relay info to her including her attys. flat out lied, again, to the face of all 12 jurors.

Clearly she lied that she never looked at the family. Many times she's glared at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53