Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't throw heavy objects, but I really think that if they voted Life, this judge will give her LWOP. I don't believe for one minute that she hasn't noticed how unrepentant and patently dangerous CKJA is.

Not throwing anything Sleuth, I promise. I agree that it is MOST LIKELY the Judge would give her LWOP but it can't be guaranteed and IMO that is enough for DP. Of course, in all fairness I am a supporter of the DP.

A few comments, speeding through the thread, taking a break from fixing a fence line:

1. "Flip Flops" were worn on the first "guilty verdict", and we mustn't forget cleaning out kitty litter boxes!

2. The jury is probably worried not in the least about threats. I find it kinda crazy that certain witnesses said they were threatened. In Arizona, if you are threatened, you call LE, you put an injunction against harassment on the perp, if you have a gun, you make sure it's clean and loaded, and keep your cell phone close by. "Threats and Intimidation", "Stalking" are taken very seriously here, and if someone doesn't feel they need to take the necessary steps to CYA, then they are not utilizing the process that's been put in place.

3. CMja will not last in Prison. Even if she is in PC, or DR, she is not totally protected.
A. She is Bi-Racial, Hispanic and Caucasian. She doesn't really have a place in either the Hispanic or White gangs.
B. She tried to pass as white and she killed a white man. The White gangs will "pass" and the "Aryan" type gangs will target her. To the Hispanics, she is ashamed of her culture.
C. She is from California, rarely do Hispanic gangs in Az embrace Hispanics from Calif, they are rivals. She has learned "Spanish", not the Spanish spoken by the majority of Hispanics in Prison. They will not be impressed.
D. She has already violated "prison etiquette", her response to a fight in Estrella was she was defending herself. Major FAIL. Snitch Material.
E. She killed the brother of LE. She will have a target on her back by inmates, and guards will look the other way if there is a prisoner altercation.
F. She is LOCA, and not in a good prison way. An inmate will get lots of props for making her life miserable or ending it.
G. The gals at Perryville are already aware of her "jacket", that's Everything about her crime, her write ups in Estrella, her "pals", her access to finances, etc., etc. She is a "celebrity hound". She killed a man with absolutely no valid justification. She will NOT be able to "blow smoke" to impress or baffle them with bologna. They do NOT like her.

I truly believe she will end up like Dahmer. I give her 5 years max. JMO :twocents:
Back to the fenceline........

There was a page missing in their instructions, concerning LWOP and whether she would be elgible for release after 25 years. Willmott and Juan both got to speak to jurists and explain it and jury was given missing page to insert in their instructions. It was shown on closed circuit screen, no one in courtroom except Hillary and Tanisha Alexander and IT'S mother.

The missed testimony video is what the media was not in the Courtroom to see a few minutes ago. It is on video. The Judge giving the missing jury instruction. Nothing more, nothing hidden.

21merc7, thank you. I get it now. :seeya::seeya:

Don't throw heavy objects, but I really think that if they voted Life, this judge will give her LWOP. I don't believe for one minute that she hasn't noticed how unrepentant and patently dangerous CKJA is.

Jumping off ...

Is the Judge free to follow media on the trial, do searches, follow WS, etc? TIA

If I understand correctly - the instructions the judge read to the jury stated that the jury was to decide life or death as penalty, and that the judge will determine life with or without the possibility of parole after 25 years. Did I understand that correctly?

Then Willmott said there was no possibility of parole if they decided life, but JM said the instructions meant what they said - the judge decides the terms of the life sentence.

Then Willmott said the instructions were clear - that mercy would mean she would never be paroled? Is that insulting to the jury? Or did I miss something?

Whole different light now that HLN clarified the Judge realized that she omitted an instruction rather the jury asking a question about the "meaning" of a life sentence.

Well, it is a darn good thing the jury didn't come to a verdict yesterday without full knowledge of what "Life in Prison" means!:banghead:

No one get in the way of Millmott and her margarita's that she needs right now! Deputies required!

I'd need straight tequila if I had to be near JA! :floorlaugh:

And maybe a suit of armor for safety!

Sigh. LWOP is a hard sentence (she might be the queen Bee during her younger years, but she would grow old and childless in prison) but I want the death penalty.

just jumped on here and saw this and couldn't resist........she was NEVER NEVER NEVER and NEVER WILL BE a

QUEEN BEE:rockon::floorlaugh:

I nearly popped a vein thinking that was a juror question!! Whew.

If jury comes back with life does JSS have option to overturn it and give her death?

*SIGH* Not that I think JSS would do that, I don't think she has the *coconuts* to pull something that big :facepalm:

A girl can hope tho....

No US Supreme Court says only juries can sentence death. :moo:

How about soft objects like cinnabons?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BELIEVE in Juan. BELIEVE in this jury. They are a serious jury making a life or death decision. They've given every indication all along that they get it and will get it right.

The DP is on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member