Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on HLN that if a hung jury & new penalty trial, it might have to be held somewhere besides AZ. If so, We here in TEXAS would like to volunteer.

Or Illinois - I'm sure the Drew Peterson jurors would be happy to oblige.

I was responding to another poster and didn't quote the post. My fault. :blushing:

I edited my post to clarify I was speaking specifically about the County Attorney's twitter.

This trial has really messed me up. At first glance I thought your post said, "I edified my post..." :blushing:

I cannot take this waiting game. The jury looks to be hung....if so, the members who believed Jodi will be a useful hair-grower and doodler in jail will feel sheepish and regret their decision when they see all the CRAP that only we know about Jodi...and her arrogant diva interviews, etc. This is disgusting. She had 27 years to be useful and make a positive change in this world. She FAILED miserably by killing Travis. She ENDED her chances with that extremely poor, calculated, and pure evil decision. No more chances Jodi!! The only thing she changed in this world is slashing Travis out of it. Come on jury, be REASONABLE here!! Poor Travis and his family!

:floorlaugh: Well ... move over Casey Anthony ... you're not the "Most Hated Person In America" any more ... your "reign" is now over ... :floorlaugh:

I just saw the clip on HLN with that reporter talking to JA about much she is "hated" ...

Oh, and of course, JA says she did not know how "hated" she is ...

OMG ... she is soooooooo full of it ...

JMO but she has passed up Casey IMO !

:moo:

ITA. I have a female relative who has had several incarcerations in both jail and prison due to drug addiction related crimes.
Jail and prison are a WORLD of difference, my friends.

Jail = people waiting for their trials and possible release or transfer to prison. The inmates are there for shorter times;
*bonded out quickly
*released after trial (time served) or found not guilty
*transferred to prison after conviction.
The majority are in for "non violent" crimes; like drugs, shoplifting, dui, financial crimes, etc.
Most just want to get their cases decided and move on with their lives.

Prison= Many who have been there a LONG time already. They don't take well with a "newbie" coming in thinking they are the queen diva or gonna change the status quo.
She will be mixing with many who are violent and, if they are in for life, have no real reason to reign that in. They have little to lose if they already have life. Yes, they can go to "seg" for a stint if they assault another inmate but honestly, many of the long-timers appreciate the occasional solitude and break from the chaos of the dayroom.
It is true that there are inmates who have done horrific crimes that are actually quite docile and meek once in jail, but the majority would rather hurt you physically than allow you to feel "above" them or to have anything they perceive as "special".
My relative was in jail with Marilyn Lemak (docile, meek and very self-protective) but most were more like Jacqueline Annette Williams who doesn't "look scary" but is a very cruel, mean and violent person toward other inmates.
JA is in for a very RUDE surprise. (although for the first few years she will be alone until she earns a lower security level and if given, DP she will never truly mix with them).

http://murderpedia.org/female.L/l/lemak-marilyn.htm
http://murderpedia.org/female.W/w/williams-jacqueline.htm

I almost passed out reading about Ms Williams. That is all I can say.

Oops, we weren't supposed to see this!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Vanity, thy name is Jodi.

h39BC4987

your husband can do that?
WOW!!!!

:floorlaugh: Well ... move over Casey Anthony ... you're not the "Most Hated Person In America" any more ... your "reign" is now over ... :floorlaugh:

I just saw the clip on HLN with that reporter talking to JA about much she is "hated" ...

Even negative comments keep her in the spotlight and that is what the Killer wants - the spotlight. BARF!!!

Today has made me grumpy.

Don't have all the links and can't get them right now because I am ellipticallling (word or not?!), BUT I have a theory about the jury's ? This AM:

If you watch the judge reading jury instructions on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 2 starting at 14 min (final jury instructions), she reads the paragraph quoted earlier in this thread about letting the judge know if they are not unanimous.

Then watch when the judge gives the final, FINAL jury instructions about the verdict form on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 4 (rebuttal and charge to the jury) starting at 10:44- there she describes three boxes for the jury to choose from to check for their verdict (death, life, or "no unanimous agreement").

iMO the jury was going through these instructions and realized that the first part said to tell the judge if they were not unanimous but the second part said to mark the box on the verdict form if they ended up not unanimous. They wanted clarification.

Also, someone earlier posted that they asked "at this stage" in the note to the judge - I think they may have meant "at this phase" - ie during the PENALTY phase ("stage") do they let the judge know if they are not unanimous as they would have done during the GUILT or AGGRAVATION phase ( verdict forms on those did not have a box for "no unanimous agreement" IIRC) or do they check the daggum box on the verdict form?

I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

Sorry if this is crazy with typos - hard to elliptical and type on iPad "contemporaneously".

Casey, who? ;) I don't *hate* KC half as much as I *hate* JA. I've pretty much forgotten about her. Sweet Caylee Marie is always in my prayers though...

I just got an email notice that my county is under a severe thunder storm warning, so I am signing off for a while. If there is a verdict, I will be back, but I don't hold out much hope for that happening today.

Stay safe. I think it's headed my way too. Much cooler air blowing in and dark clouds.

I was responding to another poster and didn't quote the post. My fault. :blushing:

I edited my post to clarify I was speaking specifically about the County Attorney's twitter.

Ohhhh ok, sorry. :) I with ya now.

Does anyone else see the IRONY in this?

CMCHJA denied HLN request for interview because she's so smart.. But now they've gotten their hands on ALMOST ALL the interviews she did & playing them :floorlaugh:

Guess'n it's more tape time than the 90 mins they could've been granted minus her camera off stand infront of lens primp time from the original time alotted.

Seriously that's classic! :floorlaugh:

Yeah,spot on,the irony is rich indeed. :facepalm: :floorlaugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth