Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish it would be over because I've been saying I'll do it tomorrow for far too long.

you know it occurs to me that the folks who run prisons and jails are not so fascinated with jodi...jails and prisons everywhere are filled with women just like her....

remember bambi bembenek? the manson brides, susan smith, susan polk...

she's a run of the mill con artist, jodi will have many friends in prison, because in prison reality dosn't matter...people can chooseto beleive jodi for their own reasons, sort of like choosing to be straight when you know you are not...you can choose to go along with jodi's fantasy of innocence...even though you all know it's a lie. because everone in prison is innocent,

so who cares...

just get her outta here...

Jodi will have no friends in prison. She will be in max security if she gets life. The decision has already been made by prison officials. No book club for jodi. Only cell to rot.

... iMO the jury was going through these instructions and realized that the first part said to tell the judge if they were not unanimous but the second part said to mark the box on the verdict form if they ended up not unanimous. They wanted clarification. (snipped)

... I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

I'm with you. This jury has been very careful thus far. After I read the AZ Penalty Phase instructions, IMO they were going through them with a fine toothed comb. They want to do their job and do it right.

Jodi Arias moved from Yreka to Mesa, then back to Yreka, then to Siskiyou County Jail, and then to the women's unit of the Maricopa County jail system.

Travis Alexander's body was moved from 11428 E Queensborough Ave. Mesa, Arizona, to the Maricopa County Morgue, and then to Olivewood Cemetery, Riverside, California, Plot: Hillside, Division 1, Lot 429, Space 2.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=27612575

The mailman doesn't deliver postcards or fan mail there.

Jury, do you get this?

I hope this is printed on the front page of whatever newspaper she receives in jail. She'll be mortified when she sees it. :floorlaugh:

I'm too sexy for my socks, to sexy for my socks...:giggle:

Too sexy for my socks, sandals and leg chains.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he said, "you don't drink, right?" I said, "No. Well, wait I can have an occasional drink, right? Cause I have this brother-in-law visiting soon . . ." He said that was okay. So I didn't tell him about this trial.

I hate it when doctors ask such things.

I am regaining some confidence and faith in the jury - they have gone back and been at it for a while now. They can take as long as they want, IMO, as long as they bring back death verdict.

I'd bet 10$ that 11 juror's are trying to convince 1 stand-off.

Jury: We might be hung.

Later on today: Hey Jodi! We lied. You can relate, right? LMAO

In the early days, we loved and enjoyed the trial. It was entertaining. We enjoyed being outraged by Gus, Dr. Samuels and ALV. We relished and despised Jodi's lying testimony and her narcissism. We suffered for Travis and his family. We came to WS and shared our indignation. Over time, we became so emotionally invested, we got sucked into the drama ..My opinion.

I loathe Jodi and everything about this case (except JM) but can't pull myself away from it. We all need this to be over but there is a process in place that must play out and unfortunately we must go along for the ride. Que Sera Sera.

It is. Arizona is a sister to Texas as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly. And Juan is my Arizona husband. I already have a 5'6" Martinez husband here in TX!:floorlaugh:

Just trying to keep it balanced.

basilcat---sorry I'm just posting to u...I am so sorry--your post made me burst into tears...God bless you and all who are closae to you.

No way they come back with life. It's death or hung. If it's hung and the State and/or the family doesn't want to go through this *****'s bs again, offer life with NO CHANCE of parole and waive all appeals.

The very idea that someone could leave open LWP (even if only mathematically possible) makes me physically ill. :puke:

Question? Why do you all think the jury came back after just a couple of hours saying that they could not come to a decision?

What zoozoo said. They are getting clarification on the instructions. imo

I have a really dumb question. Forgive me, as I had a lot going on when the trial initially started and I wasn't following like I am now.

When they were selecting a jury and they were in the voir dire process, wouldn't they have asked the potential jurors if they had a problem with giving a death penalty verdict?

:

I just saw the clip on HLN with that reporter talking to JA about much she is "hated" ...

Oh, and of course, JA says she did not know how "hated" she is ...

:moo:
snipped by me

And JA went on to say in the interview that she feels only love and support and is not aware of any hate. Then HLN commented JA had so much mail in her cell at one time that the jail had it removed. Of course, we don't know that some of that mail was hate mail. We can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire