SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK now I get why HLN didn't adjust their opinion about that jury question once the actual question came to light .. because they'd based all their programs, and especially HLN After Dark on it .. also they just couldn't let go of the drama because it's all they've got. They're well aware of the truth .. they just don't want to hear it.

I have no doubt that ONE journalist picked up on the discrepancy (perhaps BK) but was ordered by a producer to follow along and NOT make any comments on judge's poor choice of words and what it misled others to think.....this came them another full day of "talk" in another direction (think they were running out of comments and reshowing Jodi videos!)

Now that I think about it...don't recall seeing BK much on the air yesterday...imagine the "backstage" drama...

JA will be fine in jail. If she gets life and is gen pop her only problem will be adjusting to structure, and herself. She will quickly learn who will like her, what she can get away with, who she can manipulate. The only thing she will not see coming is that some will have her pegged and use her before she can use them, that will infuriate her, and that is the only big problem.

If she gets DP and really is on lockdown 23 hours a day, then she may have a harder time adjusting. She needs attention, lots of it. She will eventually adjust and be happy to lay around.

The video of the jail looks like a small apartment to me. It looks nicer than most apartments I have rented. I see no problems with that, unless there is no air conditioning.

Ummmm, I don't even have air conditioning and I am an upstanding citizen and have worked full time my whole life. Paycheck to paycheck so I don't care if she sweats forever. Like Travis must have been doing with utter fear and she slaughtered him.

Ok guys, don't get mad at me, but I think I just changed my mind on the DP. On the justice for Travis site someone wrote in about the prison....not jail.....real prison where she will go. And given her notoriety she most likely will be locked up most of the day. She won't be the princess of the jail. And we won't have to hear from her again, ever.

What do you think?

Here's what I think after receiving a better understanding yesterday about WHO (judge) decides on life WITH or WITHOUT parole.

I now have HUGE concerns about this jury choosing LIFE over DEATH as the final decision will then fall into the hands of this judge to decide parole or not....and after TWO major sloppy, irresponsible mistakes by decision maker, I am NOT confident she will sentence to Life WITHOUT Parole!

I am also now getting concerned about the possibility that Jodi may be successful in the appeals process down the line based on Trial Judge Error for an equally sloppy ruling somewhere else in the guilt phase of trial!

Just shaking my head at how and why this judge would "forget" to send jury instructions, and then appear not to clearly read a juror QUESTION but announce and put her ASSUMPTION on court record!!

Many years ago I was in the Bahamas....they have something I believe they call "give ways".....weird but that is how they roll,lol.....I was scared the whole time of their driving.

I was just there last year and saw the give way signs!!! I took a picture because I thought they were funny.

The driving scared me too!!! I was on a bus (we went snorkeling/swimming with sharks), so I just closed my eyes until our trip was over!

I have no doubt that ONE journalist picked up on the discrepancy (perhaps BK) but was ordered by a producer to follow along and NOT make any comments on judge's poor choice of words and what it misled others to think.....this came them another full day of "talk" in another direction (think they were running out of comments and reshowing Jodi videos!)

Now that I think about it...don't recall seeing BK much on the air yesterday...imagine the "backstage" drama...

I think so too .. also I was thinking before that since the source of the info was MK (most likely direct from the DT) he might not be willing to verify it to other news outlets, and they may not be willing to credit him .. so all they had that was independent and available was what JSS said .. although, the court did send out that tweet, but even that didn't have much info on the question posed. Either way .. HLN spent a full day hyping up what happened, when it seems like the whole thing was a miscommunication.

There is a formula to follow and it is subjective. They don't have to agree on the same mitigating factors, where they must agree is the Substantial weight of it.

So her age, 27, is one. Does being 27 outweigh the Aggravating circumstance. For me this might if she were 19 or 75 and sick. Some believe her lack of a criminal record is substantial. For me her history of lying means she has a "criminal" mentality, even after murdering someone...and still.

Definitely criminal mentality, but she has also committed criminal acts. No one ever reported her for them, so they are not on a criminal record. Stalking is a punishable criminal act, slashing tires is destruction of property, growing pot, forgery, what else??? She is simply a criminal. She was just lucky she chose what she thought of as weak prey, until she pushed it to the max.

Definitely criminal mentality, but she has also committed criminal acts. No one ever reported her for them, so they are not on a criminal record. Stalking is a punishable criminal act, slashing tires is destruction of property, growing pot, forgery, what else??? She is simply a criminal. She was just lucky she chose what she thought of as weak prey, until she pushed it to the max.

Exactly. What about art tracing? That has got to be a crime somehow. I only wish Juan brought this up to rebut her claim that she's such an artist who drew such wonderful original pictures of Elvis and Frank Sinatra....Wish the jury could have seen the truth.

No priors, but plenty of evidence to prove she has broken the law in the past. Most recently she committed perjury while under oath.

Her age? If she were 15 at the time maybe......but 27?

IMO there are zero mitigating factors........

I totally agree with you about her age. The DT talks about her like she was 17 when she murdered Travis. And I think a lot of their stupid tricks are to make her seem like she's younger than she is - how she wears her hair, the glasses, lowering her chair (trying to make her look small and young!).

When I was 27, I was a college graduate with a stable, well paying job, married, I owned my home and had just had my first child.

CMJA at 27 was a high school drop out, had no stable job, no money, couldn't pay her bills, owned no property, had no children (thank goodness!) lived with her Grandparents, had virtually no friends and was a killer.

Her age at the time of Travis' murder only shows me exactly how little she had accomplished in life and how little she could possible have to give society.

Exactly. What about art tracing? That has got to be a crime somehow. I only wish Juan brought this up to rebut her claim that she's such an artist who drew such wonderful original pictures of Elvis and Frank Sinatra....Wish the jury could have seen the truth.

I think the jury knows the truth, especially given #18 is an artist.

Tracing is not illegal. You can sell it as long as you do not claim it is an Andy Warhol by Andy Warhol. If people want to by a copy by insertnonamehere it is their choice, sort of like buying a Van Gogh copy in a picture frame from KMart or a Botticelli poster from the Museum gift shop.

jmo, but it would be a mistake of epic proportion for the judge to incorrectly infer the that jury was deadlocked from a note framed in the form of a question such as "what do we do if...?" To call in the jury in front of all the parties, counsel and the media and make that error would be more than epic. That such an erroneous inference wasn't corrected, would be (to me) really unlikely.

Therefore, I think the jurors knew they were possibly/likely to be deadlocked. Not to mention that fact that, if they didn't think so, it's kind of premature and a total waste of time to ask a question about the verdict form. If they all agreed on death, why would they bother to ask what to do if they didn't all agree?

*snorts* in my mind i wish it was just to mess with JA's mind.

I wish we knew more abt the jurors. I think their own personal life experiences will play a large role on how they will vote.

TO ease your mind, we DO know a lot about the jurors! They have meticulously deliberated and come back unanimous on Murder One and Extreme Cruelty.

During one of their deliberation processes, we learned from BK that reading and discussing the jury instructions is first, and takes at MINIMUM one hour. Even when they came back with a "quick" verdict, it took about 4 hours, right?

We still have this jury. It is obvious that during the first two hours of deliberating sentencing, they were reading and discussing Jury Instructions.

It is obvious that when they hit the instruction concerning the situation of a possible NON unanimous vote, the instructions were NOT clear on how they would document this on forms (IF it happens)....so they opted to send question to judge and get it answered before they moved on!!

Wonder what they are thinking now since judge did NOT answer their question...hopefully it is written somewhere in that "helpful hints" she gave them because she did NOT address to them how to reflect (IF IT HAPPENED) on the forms.

This jury came yesterday to deliberate ALL day...very casually dressed, one juror (money conscious one..LOL) toting his "working lunch" from home....

If I had to guess, I would say of the 7 hours they have deliberated, only an hour or two at most has been about sentencing. The rest of the time was delegated to meticulous understanding of instructions and forms.

I am hoping we will being deliberation again this morning for perhaps an hour or two...quick smoke break....and then Verdict Reached notification and eventually read somewhere around lunch or after.

This is the same jury we have been impressed by for their seriousness and dedication. It is just the createdramasowecanhavecraptotalkabout by HLN that is causing us to second guess them!

Hold the faith! The UNTHINKABLE CRIME against TRAVIS is foremost in this jury's mind!

Good morning!

For the Alexander family's sake I hope this ends today. I've said I stand with them. They want the DP. I'll respect this jury's decision either way. Just hope it's a verdict. Can't imagine them unable to come together at this point.
I don't have a murdered family member and I'm not on the jury. Don't know what I'd decide to be honest with you.
DP - automatic appeal, she'll have all these organizations rallying behind her
Life - appeals - possibility of parole - spending years appealing to the parole board.
Is there really any justice for victim's families? Look what they have been dragged through already.
It is not right to be lenient because she's female, or young. She seemed to have a normal childhood. She's just evil. Anyone, male or female, that could up and do what she did should never have the chance to reenter society. Ever.
I can't even wrap my head around what she did. And I will pulverize a spider caught in my house! No problem. But, my god, almost decapitate a person, with my bare hands? My mind won't even go there.
I think I would go for the DP. Probably never would be carried out, may be outlawed in the next twenty years, too expensive, who knows. And if it is carried out, it is a humane, peaceful death, not afforded the victim. But really the best guarantee she'll never walk in any of the survivor's lifetimes.
Praying for all.

JA will be fine in jail. If she gets life and is gen pop her only problem will be adjusting to structure, and herself. She will quickly learn who will like her, what she can get away with, who she can manipulate. The only thing she will not see coming is that some will have her pegged and use her before she can use them, that will infuriate her, and that is the only big problem.

If she gets DP and really is on lockdown 23 hours a day, then she may have a harder time adjusting. She needs attention, lots of it. She will eventually adjust and be happy to lay around.

The video of the jail looks like a small apartment to me. It looks nicer than most apartments I have rented. I see no problems with that, unless there is no air conditioning.

According to former Director of prison system (including Perryville) interview yesterday on HLN, Jodi will be housed in the SAME cell at Perryville whether she gets LIFE or DEATH (cell is on death row) and will remain in solitary 23 hours per day for a MINIMUM of 3 years.

He stated that she will be a maximum security prisoner, that Perryville gen pop has been overcrowded for years, but that there is a whole floor of cells but only three Death Row inmates "up there" so the prison now uses that floor to house their max security inmates at intake.

Said inmates must "earn" the right by good behavior, etc to begin the slow descent back into population (floor by floor....not straight down to gen pop), but again stated she wouldn't even be eligible to begin process for a MINIMUM of THREE YEARS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken