Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Hughes tweeted that the Alexander family didn't know the question. I wonder why they weren't allowed to hear the question since they are usually told everything.

HLN says public info officer tweeted that all juror questions are sealed.

Huh??? How did we hear yesterday's then?

I hope it didn't have anything to do with sequestered jurors' memorial day parties or something like that....... I know that's out there, just what crossed my mind.
Also someone said if they can't decide another jury will be picked and redo penalty phase.....is that correct? YES
Because someone else said if jury cannot decide , then it's a mistrial. YES
Can you have a mistrial that negates her conviction at this point? HELL NO
Won't the conviction stand no matter what ? YES
The 'what if' of the deadlock is bugging me.
None of us know what IF means, if there ever was an IF in the first place. Ugh

She would be an insult to Audrey Hepburn! My Idol! Grew my hair long to wear a french twist!

audrey was one of a kind. do you read 'vanity fair?' she's on the cover this month and there's a great article about her and an essay written by her son. there are also pictures of her just in her everyday life in rome----she looked flawless no matter what she was doing.

and she loved her yorkie, mr. famous. he's in most of the pictures. :seeya:

Hmmmmm... really? then why the one made public yesterday?

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 12min
All juror questions are sealed #JodiArias

It wasn't really a question yesterday. It was them saying they could not reach a unanimous decision.

Not too worried about a question - I just think this jury is smart and wants to make the best decision they can. I think if they were stalled out we'd know that by now. They had to have taken several votes in the time they've been back there - if they were still deadlocked after the first or second votes this morning they would have gone back to the judge with their hung verdict.

But then, I'm not on this jury. I'm sick of HLN using the deadlock word without really knowing that they are, we won't know until the jury is dismissed what was going on. Time for a break and to clean the bath tub!

That is telling.

Thanks for the post snowcat (?)

And yes Elementary, that IS telling. If what was reported to have happened yesterday with AZCentral reporter claiming through quoted material to have an actual juror question I hope and pray that someone is held accountable for it.
AND if that person knowingly reported false information HE/she should be terminated IMO

She would be an insult to Audrey Hepburn! My Idol! Grew my hair long to wear a french twist!

I love, love, love Audrey Hepburn. She was beautiful inside and out. A couple of quotes from Breakfast at Tiffanys (I will be having champagne for breakfast when this jury comes back with a death sentence!) :

"It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two.” (I hope the guards tell JA this when she's walking the death walk to the death chamber...)

She’s a phony. But she’s a real phony. You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk that she believes.”

“If we’re going to be friends let’s get one thing straight right now. I hate snoops!”:floorlaugh:

all together now ...everyone touch your screen..like we are holding hands and pray for the jury comes out soon with something good

Done. Beautiful, tearful and cathartic. Blessings to everyone who seeks proper justice for this injustice. Travis is watching.

Dwayne Cates saying this "question" could also have been about being deadlocked....and JSS could have given another Allen-thing, except in writing this time. AGGhhhhh!!!!!!

I tthink number 1 was how to say they were hung, number 2 was the correct format informing the judge they were hung, hence the allen charge and her statement and number 3 is todays.

That would explain the confusion over yesterdays

I think Question #1 was probably something about how their instruction packets included some instructions that the judge had not read, what should they do? So then judge read them to them without announcing in court, publicly that the jury pointed out her mistake so as not to embarrass her or the lawyers.

Then Question #2 was the prblom about what to do if they ended up not unanimous (the written instructions gave two different, conflicting ways to handle that - inform the judge on page 10 of the instructions OR check the bow on the verdict form that says "no unanimous decision". To which the judge read an Allen instruction but DID NOT aNSWER what to do if unanimous in future - tell her or check box

Today's Question # 3 a repeat of #2 only clearer, since judge never answered them on the PROCEDURE question in #2 and maybe now they truly ARE not unanimous and need to know - do they tell her again as per pg 10 of instructions or do they check box on verdict form.

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but it is too funny to resist:

"Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Out front far away from JVM yet her voice is heard in the air like its piped through 1000 gigawatt loud speakers."

:floorlaugh:

I wonder if JVM is deaf
Cause deaf people yell when they talk

I know I did when my DD was growing up & she would get embarrassed
But when I got my hearing aids,my voice went down to normal
I was not use to my DD saying -Madre--I can't hear-LOL

it was very considerate of this jury to wait until i sorted out my hive and bee business this morning................

someone poke them and tell them they can reach a verdict now..... i'm available now :D

COME ON JUSTICE!

HLN says public info officer tweeted that all juror questions are sealed.

Huh??? How did we hear yesterday's then?

that may be why they're sealed now, is my guess.

ONE reporter quoted the text of that question----the guy who's in the DT's pocket. strange?

Question? Does this jury realize that if they hang a second jury can be seated to decide the penalty? If they know this I say that they will be determined to reach a decision. I just don't think with what they have invested in this trial in terms of time and emotional toll that they will turn this over to 12 new jurors. I just don't think they will. Too much invested.

not sure if they know--but I totally agree with you!

Regarding the supposed "deadlock" yesterday---could someone explain to me...

The verdict form has 3 boxes (one of which is to be marked)

1. Death
2. Life
3. No unanimous agreement

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 3 - Part 4 - Rebuttal and Charge to the Jury - YouTube as seen here at 10:50

If they were "deadlocked" wouldn't they have submitted the form with Number 3 checked?

Hi everyone, hoping that the jury will come to their decision quickly today and afford some peace to the Alexander family.

I've just got in from work so struggling to catch up. I had the court stream from azfamily and WAT opened. I could only see the seal. Am I watching the correct stream?

I'd really like to know what the significance of the colour salmon has been over the last couple of days.

Would be so grateful if anyone has the time to answer!

TIA!
Here is a list of his definitions. The guy is hilarious!

http://wildabouttrial.com/one_off/the-wationary-wilds-dictionary-for-the-jodi-arias-trial/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566