Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if her family will get Jodi a t-shirt from the Grand Canyon.

Send her a post card...
Greetings from the grand canyon! Thanks Jodi! Taking your advice to see see 1000 places before YOU die! ;)

Love,
Mom & Dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. my. gosh.

Nearly speechless.

Haven't seen any video. Heard it on the radio on my way home.

Hurting so much for all of Travis' friends, family, Juan, Flores, the WSers whom have become so close to the family, and the jury. They all must be so broken-hearted with all the effort put in to come to this.

However, even in my initial reaction to this (stunned!), I do NOT blame the jury. There is NO doubt in my mind that they all did ALL they could to resolve this. They have invested so much. They have made it clear that they know she is a liar, a murderer and was especially cruel. They obviously hit a block they just could not get past. The difficult part is that this is not a part where "PROOF" can sway others. It isn't like using a video of someone robbing a bank and saying "See we all have to agree they robbed the bank."
This portion is so individual. All have seen and heard the same things for FIVE months, but have interpreted it differently. Obviously, some feel it was worthy of death and some do not. There is no blame to be placed - they have DONE THEIR JOB and just could not agree.

Our justice system HAS worked. She was given a fair trial, was found guilty of M1 with cruelty but in this last part an agreement could not be reached.

Remember, justice has not been thrown away. It isn't over. It will continue and she will get a sentence eventually.

The family though. Ugh. So heartbroken this isn't over for them yet.
Hugs to them and to all who are hurting over this.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1164 (590 members and 574 guests)

besides the familys pain, i dont find it all that bad.. fresh jury, possible videos played, and dont forget about karma... she could be getting her hopes up right now just to end up getting death...

Please don't get sucked into the JA " I won" chaos....JA lost the day she was convicted of first degree premeditated murder AND cruel circumstances..There Is NO winning for JA or her DT...

JM's face is beet red when the non verdict is read.

Here's Troy Hayden's tweet about family at Grand Canyon today :

@mollymydear1111: @troyhaydenfox10
The Arias Family is visiting the Grand Canyon pic.twitter.com/bw1ZdCNT53” intetesting

Only if the Alexanders are ok with it. I want what they want at this point.
I want what the prosecutor wants. He's the one charged with prosecuting crimes, not just for the Alexanders but for the safety of society from the likes of JA. I can only hope the Alexanders find peace and resolution with whatever sentence is given but society has a large stake in this matter too.

F#%%## Cowards!!!!! if they couldn't uphold the Law as was CLEARLY laid out, then don't swear that you can All the way!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dude. There is nothing cowardly about standing up for one's beliefs. That is the thing about mitigating factors... they are all interpreted differently. Someone obviously did feel that there was something that mitigated her down from the death penalty. Just because we didn't see it that way doesn't mean that juror or those jurors didn't.

The nice thing about our justice system is that it's not one person making the decision on whether a person lives or dies. If all of them couldn't agree, FINE. Let the next jury try. And if the next jury doesn't pick death, that's OK too! Her life is OVER. Life in prison is going to SUCK! She's still dead to the rest of the world.

Well it turns out that my speculation about it being a true deadlock with the fact that at least one juror was having issues with giving DP was correct after all.

You are no longer allowed to speculate! Go to the corner! ;-)

I really hope they don't take the DP off unless it's what Travis' family wants. My 2 cent worth opinions mean nothing compared to their thoughts on this.

I hope this trial goes forward. If the Judge has the power to prevent Willmott/Nurmi from leaving then I pray she does. I feel like 12 new jurors will vote death.

If the Judge is given the option then I think she will give JA life without parole.

As someone mentioned earlier no parole board will ever allow JA to walk unless JA confesses to MURDERING Travis in cold blood. She won't ever do that. Just like Diane Downs.

Diane Downs does not want to confess even thought it may give her the chance for freedom. This is what happened in regards to her parole hearing "In her first application for parole in 2008, Downs reaffirmed her innocence. "Over the years," she said, "I have told you and the rest of the world that a man shot me and my children. I have never changed my story."[19] "Downs continues to fail to demonstrate any honest insight into her criminal behavior...even after her convictions, she continues to fabricate new versions of events under which the crimes occurred."[19] She alternately refers to her assailants as a "bushy-haired stranger", two men wearing ski masks or drug dealers and corrupt law enforcement officials"

@HollysHere: #Nurmi is probably drafting his 3587345th letter of resignation as we speak.. that or trying to hang himself. Stuck w/ #JodiArias still.

Travis' beautiful family still needs our support and uplifting messages. Donate if you can.
It's ok to be pizzed right now, we've all invested time and energy and emotions....but remember she's still CFja, CMja, etc.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

I go thru katiecoolady to deliver

Please just use PayPal for the donations or send directly to Samantha at her Carlsbad, CA address. KCL is spent. She too has put her life on hold to support this family.

I hope that from now until the penalty phase is restarted, CMJA spends every day on Sheriff Joe's chain gang and every night in isolation.

It is on the sisters facebook that they are at the Grand Canyon. May not be the Mother and Father. ????
Arias family told it was just a question and furious according to azcentral (via Donovan) .. wonder if they were really at the Grand Canyon as Troy said .. will be watching to see the truth there.

I hope the jurors see everything that we've seen; how horrible this killer is. I know it's not the jurors fault. They've done a very hard job, and it's terrible to think of having to make the choice to take someone's life.

But that's what this killer did. She made the choice to take someone's life. She planned to take someone's life. And then she did take someone's life, in the most heinous manner.

Each of these jurors said they could enforce the death penalty. Someone did not do that today. It's a very sad day.

That's my opinion on the matter.

Sad day indeed. I also strongly believe that someone who indicated they could give the dp was not completely honest. I think that much is pretty obvious. There were no real mitigators IMO let alone any that could have cancelled out the horrible aggravators in this case. The poor Alexanders deserved a conclusion today and instead this nightmare just keeps going on. Poor Juan worked SO HARD and I cannot even begin to imagine just how disappointed he is. We all are. Something went very wrong here in the final phase. I am very curious to find what kind of split it was. I have so many questions but I am sure all will be revealed shortly. In the meantime my prayers go out for the Alexanders. They need all the support they can get right now. This must seem like a waking nightmare for them right now. All they had to endure through this trial to end like this.. I am sick to my stomach. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks