Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, an advocate would be more credible if she hadn't been convicted for lying to the police in the investigation to her family member's case.

I just don't understand her reasoning in saying that finding the remains close to home makes her think that maybe Shawn isn't involved after all. Or am I reading the article wrong?

I'd have thought that finding the remains close to home would be consistent with a family perp but if Hailey fell victim to human traffickers her remains could have been found pretty much anywhere.

Considering its in area Shawn was known to go to what she said makes no sense at all but maybe shes trying to make him look not to be guilty now which makes sense in my opinion.

Hailey's grandmother, Connie.. is this the same one who Hailey told she was afraid of Shawn and Connie mentioned to no one... the conversation?

Granted, an advocate would be more credible if she hadn't been convicted for lying to the police in the investigation to her family member's case.

I just don't understand her reasoning in saying that finding the remains close to home makes her think that maybe Shawn isn't involved after all. Or am I reading the article wrong?

I'd have thought that finding the remains close to home would be consistent with a family perp but if Hailey fell victim to human traffickers her remains could have been found pretty much anywhere.

I think she meant the proximity of the remains to home eliminated the 'human trafficking' she was concerned about. <shrug>

When and if an arrest is made, it remains to be seen where the case will be prosecuted &#8212; it could be either the county where the crime occurred or where the remains were found, Young said.
http://www.oaoa.com/news/article_fd259cc0-c25b-11e2-a502-0019bb30f31a.html

It almost sounds like he's admitting that he knows that Hailey wasn't killed in the same county where the remains were found.

JMO but this may not be a very good lawyer.

http://www.oaoa.com/news/article_fd259cc0-c25b-11e2-a502-0019bb30f31a.html

It almost sounds like he's admitting that he knows that Hailey wasn't killed in the same county where the remains were found.

JMO but this may not be a very good lawyer.

Yeah hes admitting she wasn't killed in the area she was found. How could he know that? this is why I love interviews with anything to do with Billie because if shes not dropping herself in it he is.

Then again she cant be the easiest person to defend. When the remains were found he cancelled interviews for her with the media saying it was in her best interests not to talk to them and instead she ran straight to them and lined more interviews up;

BBM -I have come to realize the older I get ('cause I'm older than dirt) that some people's egos only mature to the age of high schoolers and that is where their mentality stays. Some folks like CD's Mom are perfectly content to stay in the background, she had no need to be front and center, her mind was on her beloved Grand Daughter.

Other folks, like teenagers that think the world revolves around them and everything is me, me, me, their egos require them to be front and center, they can't help themselves (they don't even try). Not just at this memorial but in life as well.

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist, just an old lady that prefers to be in the background watching all the others make fools of themselves
. JMO.

If it quacks and waddles, call it what it is ... a duck. The key players, have been hinky since day one. Here we are 29 months later, nothing has crystallized, it's still just as murky as day one. Behaviors cannot be explained away, there is no rational explanation to a certain person's words and actions.

Most kidnappers/murderers don't dump a body out in the middle of nowhere, esp somewhere that is off the beaten path. They usually dump wherever. Finding the remains close to "home" tells me that it was a local.

This is just so very strange to me. I dunno... even if there is no focus on Billie why wouldn't they want to talk to her and find out what she knows about the place, if she knows anyone with any connections with it or if she knows whether Hailey, Shawn or some other creepy dude Hailey might have known ever went there etc.?

Respectfully snipped-

This is a key point and speaks volumes about what may be going on behind the scenes with LE.

Most kidnappers/murderers don't dump a body out in the middle of nowhere, esp somewhere that is off the beaten path. They usually dump wherever. Finding the remains close to "home" tells me that it was a local.

I agree. That is what I understood from Billy's statement too. She used to wonder if it was human trafficking or Shawn; when Hailey was found where she was, human trafficking becomes very unlikely.

MOO

While I am NO cheerleader for BJD, I think she is saying that she worried about a random freak trafficker until the remains were found so close to home and now she feels that proximity may be more suggestive of SA's involvement.

When she speaks, she sort of moves around a lot IMO and it makes it harder to understand WTH she is saying. Again just MOO

I wish that LE would stop waiting around for a notarized confession with video back-up. At this point I seriously doubt that anyone is going to come forward with bombshell evidence . What they have is plenty of circumstantial evidence and probably some forensic evidence too. Circumstantial is not second-rate...it can't be messed up due to improper collection or questioned as a fulty memory. Circumstances surrounding the crime can't be changed.

I don't know how many have looked through all of the documents released recently in the Susan Powell case. They had a lot of evidence pointing straight to Josh. Too bad they decided to wait for" the smoking gun". Maybe those little boys of Susan's could have been protected. Now there is no point. Josh and his brother are dead, leaving no one to be held accountable!

If LE in Hailey's case go ahead and prosecute, I think they could get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. All they need is a reasonably intelligent jury who don't sympathize with sociopathic perverts. That's what voi dire is for.

If they wait, another young lady could end up dead. Once a killer gets away with murder, what's to stop the perp from killing the next female who crosses him?...

Nothing. It's a power trip.

MOO

I wish that LE would stop waiting around for a notarized confession with video back-up. At this point I seriously doubt that anyone is going to come forward with bombshell evidence . What they have is plenty of circumstantial evidence and probably some forensic evidence too. Circumstantial is not second-rate...it can't be messed up due to improper collection or questioned as a fulty memory. Circumstances surrounding the crime can't be changed.

I don't know how many have looked through all of the documents released recently in the Susan Powell case. They had a lot of evidence pointing straight to Josh. Too bad they decided to wait for" the smoking gun". Maybe those little boys of Susan's could have been protected. Now there is no point. Josh and his brother are dead, leaving no one to be held accountable!

If LE in Hailey's case go ahead and prosecute, I think they could get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. All they need is a reasonably intelligent jury who don't sympathize with sociopathic criminals. That's what voi dire is for.

If they wait, another young lady could end up dead. Once a killer gets away with murder, what's to stop the perp from killing the next female who crosses him?...

Nothing. It's a power trip.

MOO

although I think Shawn should have been arrested a long time ago I also think that might have happened had others not lied since Haileys disappearance to protect Shawn. And for me that's the major problem. If your daughter is missing why would you lie to protect the named person the police think is responsible for her disappearance? I honestly believe there will be enough evidence for arrests and get convictions.

so she told clint, and he did NOTHING?

And what exactly was he supposed to do? His daughter didn't like his ex's new boyfriend. Guess what. That's not a crime. My husband is a step dad to 3 of my children. My oldest has never liked him. Why? Because he isn't her dad and she was a daddy's girl. My other 2 consider him their dad. It was a family matter and no one knows what the family dynamics were at that time but the family.

And as far as the memorial goes, if it was my grandchild and I thought the mother was involved in some way, I would not want to be in the same room with her. When my ex died, my girls did not sit with the family because they blamed their stepmom for his death. No one tried to force them too. Most of the family sat in the back with my girls because they felt the same way.

And what exactly was he supposed to do? His daughter didn't like his ex's new boyfriend. Guess what. That's not a crime. My husband is a step dad to 3 of my children. My oldest has never liked him. Why? Because he isn't her dad and she was a daddy's girl. My other 2 consider him their dad. It was a family matter and no one knows what the family dynamics were at that time but the family.

And as far as the memorial goes, if it was my grandchild and I thought the mother was involved in some way, I would not want to be in the same room with her. When my ex died, my girls did not sit with the family because they blamed their stepmom for his death. No one tried to force them too. Most of the family sat in the back with my girls because they felt the same way.

If I were to go to my dad or grandmother and told them that my moms BF was creepy or whatever, you bet your *advertiser censored** they would've confronted my mom with it. NO doubt about it!!! Honestly, I think they ALL failed Hailey in one way or another. I feel horrible for them. I have two daughters myself, and I cannot imagine what they are going through. About Connie sitting away from the family, I stick by to what I said. I've attended many funerals where family didn't like one another for whatever reason, but that day wasn't about them, it was about the person the funeral was for. They put aside whatever feelings of hatred they may have had, and sat with the family. You're right about not knowing the dynamics of the family. I never pretend to. That was my point earlier.....unless BD, or CD, or CD's sister or Connie has said something to you {not YOU per say} themselves, no one knows if it's the truth or not!

And what goes on with families during a death are not usually displayed for the world to see on tv. Feelings are hurt and people are grieving. Often people say things in anger that they wouldn't normally say. I have yet to go to a funeral in my family where their wasn't some family issues that bubble to the surface behind the scenes. I thought my dad and uncle were going to get into a fist fight before my grandad's funeral. No one but the family even knew that because it was a family thing. Like I said before, most funerals are not a media circus.

And what goes on with families during a death are not usually displayed for the world to see on tv. Feelings are hurt and people are grieving. Often people say things in anger that they wouldn't normally say. I have yet to go to a funeral in my family where their wasn't some family issues that bubble to the surface behind the scenes. I thought my dad and uncle were going to get into a fist fight before my grandad's funeral. No one but the family even knew that because it was a family thing. Like I said before, most funerals are not a media circus.

and I totally agree.

If I were to go to my dad or grandmother and told them that my moms BF was creepy or whatever, you bet your *advertiser censored** they would've confronted my mom with it. NO doubt about it!!!

And for all we know, he did. We only have Billie's word that he didn't. And even if they knew something was not right about Shawn does not mean anything could have been done about it. I'm going to get a little personal here so I can prove my point. When me and my ex got a divorce we had joint custody. His new wife was the typical evil step mother. She hit my oldest daughter on more than one occassion. When my daughter told me, first I confronted him, then I called the law, and then I called CPS. Both my ex husband and his wife told everyone that my daughter had a problem with lying and I was just trying to start trouble. I had to abide by our custody agreement and send them back to him every other week. When my oldest turned 18 she moved out of his house and never spoke to her stepmother again. One month after she moved out, the stepmom went after my other daughter. I took him back to court and got full custody. One month later, he split from his wife because he realized that my oldest daughter was not lying. Things are not always black and white.

If I were to go to my dad or grandmother and told them that my moms BF was creepy or whatever, you bet your *advertiser censored** they would've confronted my mom with it. NO doubt about it!!!

And for all we know, he did. We only have Billie's word that he didn't. And even if they knew something was not right about Shawn does not mean anything could have been done about it. I'm going to get a little personal here so I can prove my point. When me and my ex got a divorce we had joint custody. His new wife was the typical evil step mother. She hit my oldest daughter on more than one occassion. When my daughter told me, first I confronted him, then I called the law, and then I called CPS. Both my ex husband and his wife told everyone that my daughter had a problem with lying and I was just trying to start trouble. I had to abide by our custody agreement and send them back to him every other week. When my oldest turned 18 she moved out of his house and never spoke to her stepmother again. One month after she moved out, the stepmom went after my other daughter. I took him back to court and got full custody. One month later, he split from his wife because he realized that my oldest daughter was not lying. Things are not always black and white.

I get that things are not totally black & white. That was kind of my point. NO one knows what really went on in that childs life. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member