Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

Status
Not open for further replies.
so shortly after 10 puts them in Brantford and where Tim's phone was found and possibly some video footage of something being seen..which maybe why they are confirming he died in the truck that night.

Sorry they say he died in the truck? I just thought he was killed that night from press conferences I never heard he died in the truck

so shortly after 10 puts them in Brantford and where Tim's phone was found and possibly some video footage of something being seen..which maybe why they are confirming he died in the truck that night.

Actually LE has NOT confirmed where TB died. That's one of those tidbits that came through a police "source", so it is not official:

"A source with knowledge of the investigation said police indicated Bosma was killed in the truck."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

But yeah, they would have made it to Brantford before TB's phone was shut off, for sure.

Note: 9:20 to 10:10, that is 50 minutes, and it does not take 50 minutes to get from TB's home (1230 Trinity Rd, Ancaster) to downtown Brantford

Anyone local and familiar with this business? Is this where Tim's phone was found? I am interested to know what kind of business it is and if there might be surveillance cameras on the property. See second picture of left.

OPP cruisers are seen outside a business on Paris Road, between Brantford and Paris, on Friday, May 10, 2013.
OPP cruisers are seen outside a business on Paris Road, between Brantford and Paris, on Friday, May 10, 2013.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

Actually LE has NOT confirmed where TB died. That's one of those tidbits that came through a police "source", so it is not official:

"A source with knowledge of the investigation said police indicated Bosma was killed in the truck."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

But yeah, they would have made it to Brantford before TB's phone was shut off, for sure.

Note: 9:20 to 10:10, that is 50 minutes, and it does not take 50 minutes to get from TB's home (1230 Trinity Rd, Ancaster) to downtown Brantford
yesterday at 6:36 am I posted this information . . . I am posting it again, because it keeps being forgotten or missed . . . while LE states the phone was shut off around 10 the family found out the phone was shut off within a mile of his house . . .

In relation to the cell phone being shut off "one mile from house" . . . it comes from . . .

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ssing_man.html

and

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/6768...a-missing-man/

my apologies for repeating myself but sometimes it seems necessary . . . especially in connection with the cell phone being shut off - time and distance are factors in determining location

If I remember correctly, from TB's home to Colborn and Brant ave/st is 21 minutes and video shows the chase car and truck near 18/Colborn/Gardner(this is un validated and only a source). From Colborn/Brant st/ave it is 11 minutes to BGI (TB's phone drop) and from there 26 minute to DM farm. Not sure from BGI to hanger in Waterloo.

Somewhere near BGI there was a split possibly to send the truck to the hanger and the body to the farm or all went to hanger, removed seats, then took body to farm in another vehicle, possibly the Yukon.

I don't know why but I think they would want to be rid of the body quickly and in a "secure" place like the farm, so I think they split.

yesterday at 6:36 am I posted this information . . . I am posting it again, because it keeps being forgotten or missed . . . while LE states the phone was shut off around 10 the family found out the phone was shut off within a mile of his house . . .

In relation to the cell phone being shut off "one mile from house" . . . it comes from . . .

and

my apologies for repeating myself but sometimes it seems necessary . . . especially in connection with the cell phone being shut off - time and distance are factors in determining location

Blackberry's are notoriously bad for battery life. Perhaps it just died at 10:10. Or maybe it was tossed on their way back to Oakville. It may not have been tossed out of Tim's truck.

The first I heard mentioned of TB's phone being terminated was that it was at "Rymal / 52."
Rymal is also Wilson/Colborn IIRC.

I looked at the Trinity Rd area in Ancaster on google earth and there are very few houses in the area, lots of land and not very well lit at 9:20pm at night. So these 2 guys just walked up the very long driveway and knock on the door? Did truck pull in and drop them off then pretend to leave? Did TB know they were coming for around that time so he kept an eye out his window for them and saw them walk up the driveway from the dark quiet road then told SB they are here and he was leaving so she walked him to the door? It is all very scary, sad, frustrating etc. It is all so hard to imagine up until this very day.

I looked at the Trinity Rd area in Ancaster on google earth and there are very few houses in the area, lots of land and not very well lit at 9:20pm at night. So these 2 guys just walked up the very long driveway and knock on the door? Did truck pull in and drop them off then pretend to leave? Did TB know they were coming for around that time so he kept an eye out his window for them and saw them walk up the driveway from the dark quiet road then told SB they are here and he was leaving so she walked him to the door? It is all very scary, sad, frustrating etc. It is all so hard to imagine up until this very day.

I just googled it and the isolation alone would make me uneasy, add in the time of night and 2 strangers walking up the driveway with (possibly) no other vehicle in sight to show how they arrived, it is just an odd situation. I am wondering if they said a friend just dropped them off and will pick them up when they are done the test drive but if they like the truck they will pay cash on the spot?? (DM carrying a wad of cash to entice TB) These are my thoughts only...

This part of finding TB's phone just doesn't fit into anything (Why wasn't it destroyed?) Would there be any reason for it just to be left there to BE found on purpose? Then a free Kijiji ad was put out to look for a phone on the ground how does that fit in? (You would think that only the participants in this grisly murder scheme would know that as I don't think TB's body had been found yet?) Strange IMO Things that just make you go Hmmm

I've been following this since the first tweet after TB was reported missing and this is the first time I've seen this mentioned.

I've been following this since the first tweet after TB was reported missing and this is the first time I've seen this mentioned.

It has come up a few times. I was skimming the very first Bosma thread last night, and within the first ten or so pages you will see the thing the prior poster mentioned (an ad saying looking for TB and saying "...even if you find a phone on the ground"). It hasn't come up much, I think no one really knows what to make of it, it but happened.

I'll go try to find it again.

It has come up a few times. I was skimming the very first Bosma thread last night, and within the first ten or so pages you will see the thing the prior poster mentioned (an ad saying looking for TB and saying "...even if you find a phone on the ground"). It hasn't come up much, I think no one really knows what to make of it, it but happened.

I'll go try to find it again.

I distinctly remember that also.

and

LE had a production order on TB's phone...if they say that TB's phone was turned off shortly after 10, I believe them, because they would be the ones that know. The "mile from the house" has been repeated a number of times in the press but at no time did LE confirm it. LE has however confirmed that TB's phone was turned off shortly after 10. By that time TB would be many many miles away from his home. I believe what LE is saying, not what journalists are making up without a verified source.

BTW those links don't work

This part of finding TB's phone just doesn't fit into anything (Why wasn't it destroyed?) Would there be any reason for it just to be left there to BE found on purpose? Then a free Kijiji ad was put out to look for a phone on the ground how does that fit in? (You would think that only the participants in this grisly murder scheme would know that as I don't think TB's body had been found yet?) Strange IMO Things that just make you go Hmmm

Went to go try to find an early mention of this because OntarioMom didn't recall that ad. The first time it's mentioned on WS, though (I think) is after LE had already found TB's phone. Never saw original ad though, myself.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9407421"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1[/ame]

Went to go try to find an early mention of this because OntarioMom didn't recall that ad. The first time it's mentioned on WS, though (I think) is after LE had already found TB's phone. Never saw original ad though, myself.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

Thanks for that, just found it myself as well on page 7 of the first thread. I definitely don't recall seeing it but it was hard to keep up for a while there. Here's what I find curious about the wording though:

"2007 Dodge Power Ram 3500 Pickup Truck
Please keep a look out for this truck. Our friend had it up on here
2 nights ago 3 guys came to look at it in ancaster 2 got dropped off
And the other guy said he would be back.
Our friend tim bosma took the other
2 guys for a test drive
near the fair grounds in ancaster. No one ever came back
Thay was 2 nights ago. Lisence plate 726 7zw. Please call police even
If u find a phone on the ground. Thanks go to the hamilton police services facebook page "

I'll assume due to the way this ad was worded, it was indeed posted by TB's friend(s). I'll also assume they worded it this was based on what SB told them since they weren't there but she was.

If that's the case, now I wonder if SB did see the third person and/or the Yukon but she didn't know what kind of car it was or if that's just what they (DM & MS) told TB - "our friend's just dropping us off, he'll be right back" and that's what TB told his wife - then she relayed to whoever posted this ad.

Also noting the reference to "3 guys". I'm sure this was already discussed in the very beginning here, I just missed the whole thing. I started following it on twitter then came here not long after.

I had information that the chase car was "seen/videoed at that location

County 18/Garden Ave/Colborne. I think I've got it...."Tiki Loft?"area.

Someone was asking about the location of a Waffle House earlier.
I am almost certain that there used to be a Maple Leaf Pancake House at the corner of Garden and Colborne, where the Tiki Loft is now.

"maybe they clued into it being a yukon after DM was identified and they were able to determine what vehicles were registered to him..once having that info they would then see if the video looked like his yukon."

( newbie and I don't know how to paste a previous quote )

GMC Yukons are all equipped with ONSTAR. Maybe this is how they tracked Millard. I often wondered why they arrested him on Cawthra Rd in his vehicle rather than at his house. If he was hiding out, that would be how they would have tracked him. I wonder if the police can ask OnStar to track the history of the vehicles locations. How powerful is OnStar and what are its capabilities? Just wondering?

. Please call police even
If u find a phone on the ground.

What a extraordinarily peculiar phrase! Is this code for something? I would venture to guess that, at any given moment, there are quite a few lost, abandoned or broken cel phones on the ground somewhere in Southern Ontario. Very odd imo.

The first I heard mentioned of TB's phone being terminated was that it was at "Rymal / 52."
Rymal is also Wilson/Colborn IIRC.
:blushing: Sorry but I'm just catching up. What does this mean? TIA

There was that as well, but there was something saying they had video surveillance of the truck being followed by another vehicle (didn't specify it was from TB's house). The way it was worded gave the impression that the video surveillance was from when they left, not when they got to Brantford.

Hope I'm quoting this right:
"as video evidence shows another vehicle following Bosma's pickup truck when he left on the test drive, Kavanagh said"

That's from this article:
http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=c2b46b7b-5944-4c2b-8881-55bc51676ff5

There are a few business down the road from TB on trinity that would have surveillance but I'm just speculating (between Wilson and book road, closer to Wilson on the west side). I live and work In the area.

I don't see how it's relevant though since we know they drove there likely in the trail vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla