8 Die in Crash on Taconic State Parkway #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems very odd to me. Wanting people to "know" the girls. "Future art teacher", "future mother-in-law", "future college roommate". Very strange. I guess she is still struggling in giving up her dreams for them. So, sad.

And, you know what? After the hell she has been through, I would support just about anything she did. She gets a pass at it all, IMO.

I didn't know it at the time, but she grew up in my town, and I know several people who were her high school friends. Very well liked and highly regarded. She, and her husband, will remain in my prayers forever. I hope they can find some peace.

It seems rather normal to me. Her daughters won't be growing up or living out their dreams and as a mom, she wants their lives to be remembered, wants people to understand just what a loss it is to everyone that they are gone, wants to share what a joy they were and how much they were loved. I totally get it.

I went and read their comments. I really understand their anger. However, I guess I do not agree with them blaming the Hance family so much. I agree with the quote from the one Bastardi book about not doing it right from the beginning but still do not think it is her brother's responsibility. Even if he had called 911 they may not have gotten there in time anyway. Besides witnesses said she was oblivious to anything going on around her as she drove the wrong way. Would police been able to stop her or block traffic on the highway in time? The whole situation is just horrible but blaming the Hance family just seems like the wrong thing. I mean sue their insurance company but do not publicly blame them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

It seems rather normal to me. Her daughters won't be growing up or living out their dreams and as a mom, she wants their lives to be remembered, wants people to understand just what a loss it is to everyone that they are gone, wants to share what a joy they were and how much they were loved. I totally get it.

I don't have daughters, I have four sons. I guess I just don't think I would write a book to help strangers, who would not have known them anyway, to get to know them. I guess I'm just really private about certain things so it seems strange to me. I think I would rather name something, like a bench under a tree at their school to read under, in their honor, for people who knew them to enjoy. But people who didn't know them? I would just want to be left alone by them. To share my grief privately.

Didn't really mean to criticize her. It just seems odd, to me.

My brother-in-law is a pretty bad alcoholic and I would not let my kids ride with him for any length of time. Even so he does not generally drink while driving. I would think if they did suspect she had a drinking problem they would not let their girls go with them. But I guess you can deny anything. Who would ever think anyone would do what she did?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have daughters, I have four sons. I guess I just don't think I would write a book to help strangers, who would not have known them anyway, to get to know them. I guess I'm just really private about certain things so it seems strange to me. I think I would rather name something, like a bench under a tree at their school to read under, in their honor, for people who knew them to enjoy. But people who didn't know them? I would just want to be left alone by them. To share my grief privately.

Didn't really mean to criticize her. It just seems odd, to me.

I think it's just her way of handling her grief. I'm like you, I think. I might write a journal for myself about my children, how they were and what my dreams had been for them, it would be a way to remember them, sort of like looking at old photos.

CNN is re-airing "There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane" tonight at 9pm EDT and again at midnight and 3am.

Thanks so much for the heads-up, Dymphna....I haven't been able to view that yet so I'm glad to finally have a chance to catch up!

Y'all are very welcome. I haven't had the chance to see it either (no HBO and only dial up in the middle of nowhere!) so I was excited to see this advertised on CNN this morning.

This is one of those stories that just doesn't leave me. It's simply heartbreaking.

Y'all are very welcome. I haven't had the chance to see it either (no HBO and only dial up in the middle of nowhere!) so I was excited to see this advertised on CNN this morning.

This is one of those stories that just doesn't leave me. It's simply heartbreaking.

Thank You so much.

wait a minute, didn't the driver of the Bastardi vehicle have alcohol in their system too? or was that proven false (it's been a long time since I've read about this case)?

I have read a lot about this case and I have never heard there was alcohol in the Bastardi car. Most of the information has been focused on Diane Schuler's intoxication. The documentary also focuses on this as well. I did not read the books written by the victim's families. If you did read this somewhere and know a link about it please let me know.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

That was hard to watch. Odd the dad never mentioned his little girl unless I missed it.
Please tell me if he did. Also they never asked him if he smoked pot or how much he drank. I know doesn't matter just things I thought when watching. Her husband was asking the Dr. if it is possible she grabbed the bottle of vodka thinking it was water? What? I can't imagine it would take more than a gulp to notice it's not water. I may be wrong on that as well.

First time I ever saw this program also. Powerful.

That husband is weird IMHO. No, I never heard him mention the daughter.

I feel sorry for the little boy.

That was hard to watch. Odd the dad never mentioned his little girl unless I missed it.
Please tell me if he did. Also they never asked him if he smoked pot or how much he drank. I know doesn't matter just things I thought when watching. Her husband was asking the Dr. if it is possible she grabbed the bottle of vodka thinking it was water? What? I can't imagine it would take more than a gulp to notice it's not water. I may be wrong on that as well.

Yes, very upsetting. The only thing I can say without violating ToS is, God bless Brian. God, please bless him and protect him and keep him whole and surrounded by extended family and friends who will show him love and let him mourn healthily. And I say this as someone who is not religious. God, wrap that little boy in your arms every day of his life.

Dymphna

O/T But I agree with your quote depression is an illness. It for the strong cause only they can endure it. You would not wish on your worst enemy

LadyL, that's absolutely false.
There is never been anything of the sort reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard