SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maryann, poster Fruity was getting information together on jurors and she posted in the KCL Court thread that she was gathering the info for a Juror thread.

I asked Beach for a thread like that, as did Fruity, and Beach said yesterday or the day before that it was coming. Holiday weekend delay, maybe.

One thing. I'a betting Bill Z is a wishin he didin open his mouth. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think Juror 9 is not happy with foreman. I don't buy they are all close knit. When they asked Juror 9 if he just wanted his life to go back to normal, he sighed, gave a weak smile and sarcastically said yep.... He looked defeated and betrayed. Also, on an extended video, they followed him on the train and he seemed touched by the guy who talked to the press saying leave him alone and give him time, and that he personally would have voted death.. It seemed to calm him down and they smiled at each other. I don't know but I get a feeling Foreman is more personable, but Juror 9 was not buying into what he was selling and tried the hardest to fight for death. I reallllyyyy want to hear from Juror 9.. regardless. He seems the most haunted by that decision.

the ACLU is against the DP and is only making their argument as part of an attempt to stop the DP in places where it's still legal. I'm not saying their points are necessarily wrong, just that they only present points that favor life sentences over the DP. In some ways I agree, especially about the appeals funded by the state. Personally, I don't care which Jodi gets. I'm just willing to support what the family wants. Who knows, they may end up changing their mind but probably not. But I won't see it as a "defeat" if she gets LWOP and I don't ever see this Judge giving her LWP. She bent over backwards to preserve the trial results but I have no doubt she knows exactly what Jodi is and what she deserves.

I still think there was only 1 woman that voted life. We know it can't be more than 2. Gonna go study the descriptions and see if I can guess who she is.

Why does it matter what gender the jurors were? This type of speculation just causes devisiveness between the genders.

I think he discovered how she scammed him, probably criminally, imo, threatened to expose her, she whipped out the phone sex recording as blackmail..
then her murder plan went into full ge
imo

All theories are plausible, including this one. The worthless point for the prosecution during trial is that no one could tell the jurors what the argument was about. That part was on the prosecution to find out, and they did not give any reason, so I can see jurors not knowing all that we do, seeing that as an abusive man.

Guess the ones that thought that now know differently, but still, even we do not know why the argument email.

Regarding Jodi's stay at Estrella and the fact that she hasn't killed anyone there.....Miss CM was biding her time, thinking she had a chance at a manslaughter conviction with time served. She wasn't going to screw that up, so she tried to behave. She did have infractions though. CM got a rude awakening with the M1 conviction. When that sunk in, she was seething. That's why she ended up at the psych ward and is now in closed custody.

ITA with the first part of your statement (And the rest, but jumping off the initial part :))

I posted previously that IMO JA would kill again if "need" be. And I don't think it would take much...why else would have she been armed the way she was when she was arrested. Also, if Travis had somehow managed to truly be free of her, she would have killed eventually. Her complete lack of remorse, along with her implied references of "i'd kill if i had to" prove this IMO.

My problem with that is he told no one else about it and couldn't even write about it. I think it was so bad and so personal that he never wanted any one to ever find out. I think if JA was stealing from him he probably would have at least confided it to a friend but he was intentionally secretive about it which leads me to believe it was a bombshell.

I believe it was the tape ( he did not know he was being recorded). Think about it. It would ruin his life as he knew it. And of course he would feel utterly betrayed. moo

And I can understand him not telling anyone. moo

But does CKja have to agree to this deal?

If they go to trial again and they again lose the DP then it goes to Life, but does it leave the door open for parole?

If she has a shot at parole, I don't think she'll accept the deal.

If anyone could clear this up for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mare, another poster looked up a different question in the lawyers' thread and found the answer to this from AZlawyer, as well. She says that Jodi does NOT have to agree to it. I was stuck on whether she would still be entitled to a jury trial on the two different life options, but AZL says no -- it goes right to the judge.

So, silly question perhaps, but how on earth did he know she was being crucified in the court of public opinion? Was he referring to the 24 hours (or less) that he was able to read newspapers and watch news of the case? Because surely, he abided by the judge's admonition, right?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt-whether he's earned it or not-he would have gotten that info from the 1st 5 minutes he spent watching HLN after the non-verdict. That he saw it as a crucifixion speaks more to his state of mind, and his realization that his views were, to put it charitably, very much in the minority .

Why does it matter what gender the jurors were? This type of speculation just causes devisiveness between the genders.

Because age/gender affect trial strategy. Different strokes for different folks.

I really wish the MC DA would man up and let JSS give JA LWOP asap. I think the odds of 12 more jurors giving her the death penalty are slim or none.

I'm way behind as usual so please forgive me if you all have moved past this.

One thing I've been thinking about is how a whole new set of jurors will respond to the pics of Travis. As hard as it is to imagine, after 5 months of seeing them the horror of it may have diminished to a certain degree. The new jurors will be seeing them for the first time. I think this could help.

I also wonder if the defense will go more toward the BPD. I'm hoping Juan can use the interview when asked if she would kill again, Jodi had qualifiers such as not if I'm not abused and not if you aren't trying to "kill my life". Who the H would EVER just not respond NO to that question?

I'm also curious about how witnesses will work now that everyone has been released from the admonition and has been able to see everything. The friend of Travis' that testified for Jodi may be able to relate that his brother committed suicide because he feared being a pedophile and may have been the stepping stone to Jodi's tale about Travis.

Will the defense still try to paint Jodi as a victim of DV since she's already been convicted? Sorry, I'm just rambling and wondering if new info can come in and how it will affect her chances for appeal.

the ACLU is against the DP and is only making their argument as part of an attempt to stop the DP in places where it's still legal. I'm not saying their points are necessarily wrong, just that they only present points that favor life sentences over the DP. In some ways I agree, especially about the appeals funded by the state. Personally, I don't care which Jodi gets. I'm just willing to support what the family wants. Who knows, they may end up changing their mind but probably not. But I won't see it as a "defeat" if she gets LWOP and I don't ever see this Judge giving her LWP. She bent over backwards to preserve the trial results but I have no doubt she knows exactly what Jodi is and what she deserves.

BBM

Is there anything law-related (sorry for lack of a better term, I'm a laypeep :blushing: ) that makes you think so?

It worries me that there is a chance of LWP, even a small mathematical one. I could unclench a bit if there was a legal basis for the judge to lean on for LWOP. TIA.

But where in the plan does the bank account fit in? Why was she making those odd deposits?

Maybe when she went to Mesa, she used it as an excuse to invite herself over. Such as: "Travis, check the bank account I opened so you can withdraw the car payments out of there?"

She owed Travis money and I think there was some shady business going on.

Definitely something shady....Juan wanted a FRAUD expert to testify....had to be significant. And of course he wasn't allowed to get her on the stand :stormingmad::stormingmad:

He had something on her big time.

So, silly question perhaps, but how on earth did he know she was being crucified in the court of public opinion? Was he referring to the 24 hours (or less) that he was able to read newspapers and watch news of the case? Because surely, he abided by the judge's admonition, right?

RR0004, makes a person go hmmmm. All I know is if he didn't heed the admonition he needs to keep it to himself or I will positively :panic::panic::panic:

Definitely something shady....Juan wanted a FRAUD expert to testify....had to be significant. And of course he wasn't allowed to get her on the stand :stormingmad::stormingmad:

He had something on her big time.

Was this witness on the expert list?

When the foreman said that JA was an otherwise "normal" girl prior to meeting TA, my eyes glazed over like Sunday morning doughnuts. Seriously pal? JA and "normal" are mutually exclusive worlds.

I really wish he would have exercised some sensitivity during his need for proximity to fame. He employed the bull in a china shop type of demeanor that added insult to injury for the Alexander family. You wanted to save a murderer, fine. You did. Use some discretion during your press junket.

I cannot condone threats of violence or anything extreme against this guy, but I feel nothing for the acrimony he's generated. Words sometimes hit as hard as a fist.
Did he really say that JM was talking down to the jury? I find that so odd considering that Juan was so "gentle" in his approach to the jury at the end. I missed his opening (and if anyone can find Day 1 on video, please share!) statement, but when he addressed the jury in the end, I didn't sense he was talking down to anyone. What the heck was this guy talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni