SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so 3 on GMA were Nurse, Retired 911 Operator & Banker (thinking mortgage call ctr that's down my Mesa/Chandler) AND we know Foreman real estate/car repair sales..

I think for only know 4 of their backgrounds this was enough to understand some of the questions.. ie Nurse is going to know medical questions 911 knows behaviour during emergencies depending on Banker (what specific) probably knew the whole Walmart refund info process..

I also think they know much of what was said was maybe not the most truthful of statements or timeline of events etc .. Definitely makes sense about some of the juror ?'s that were asked

That would only succeed imo if JA were given the death penalty.

Cases are overturned all the time, not just death penalty cases.

The appellate attorneys look for reasons and if they can use something a juror said, you better believe they will sure try.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to get another jury for this phase but then again, this is how it's done in Arizona so I respect the process. It seems the Travis Alexander family wants death and does not want to give up. For that reason, I support this. I am typically anti-death penalty but this case is unique... it's not just about how horrific the crime was, though that was a slaughter... it's more about Jodi Arias, herself. I honestly see nothing there inside of her. I feel she is without a soul, without any sort of feeling of remorse whatsoever. I really do think she deserves the death penalty. If she gets life, even without the possibility of parole, she will find a way to manipulate somehow. She gets death, yes, the appeal process will be in play but she will be very secluded. She gets life and in three or so years, if she's not out of control with her behavior, she will have more time out of her cell, maybe even a roommate. No thank you. I believe she is evil and I really want her locked up until her execution. I can't believe I am saying this because I'm typically anti-death penalty like I said, but Jodi Arias allowed me to make an exception.

I really liked juror 10, but I do disagree it was age that got a few people to vote for life.

I think it's her gender mainly. A young man of 27 would not have been spared death because he was young.

I don't think the jurors who voted life realized that, I think it was a subconscious gender issue.

I respect all the jurors for voting what they felt was right.

I just hope the next jury gets a unanimous Death penalty, but if they don't I have total faith she will be given LWOP.

I think what she was really doing was giving us a big hint as to who voted life. Now I think the twitter rumor was true and Willy #9 voted life. #1 is my next guess. Not sure how I feel about this interview.

Some people on here said earlier that the old people wouldn't understand the younger people of today. I didn't think that would matter, but, boy, was I wrong! I'm a 65-year-old retired middle-school teacher, and I wanted the death penalty for Jodi. Sometimes I feel as if I could put the needle in Jodi myself. After the non-verdict, I played the memorial video that was at the beginning of most threads and also the youtube memorial video with Travis in the car with the three girls. I cried the entire time because I felt that Travis didn't get the justice he deserved. I feel that Jodi doesn't deserve to live any longer because she took Travis's life, and he had a lot to offer the world. He fed the hungry; he taught people to look at the good in others; he gave up his room when his friends and co-workers needed a place to stay; he motivated others to live their dreams, etc. Jodi just took from everyone she was around. She made others' lives worse. She only cared for herself. Travis was by no means perfect. He was torn by his sexual behavior with Jodi. He knew what he was doing was wrong and that he wasn't behaving the way God wanted him to behave, but Jodi had pulled him into her web and he had a hard time trying to get out. I want to see Travis and his siblings get justice!

Wolfy- I'll help you put the needle in :seeya:
I'm 63 yrs old and feel the same way you do, but some of the jury were not her "peers". They were too old in their thinking about "young women". I've been saying this for at least a couple of months already.
I'm just glad the jurors gave JA premed. murder- thank goodness for that.
Juan should try for younger jurors who know all about how people text (listen to me-:floorlaugh:- as if I know more than JM- :floorlaugh:).

The time and money doesn't bother me.. It seems almost like double jeopardy. IMO the state should only get ONE shot, not two.

I'm stating that being totally objective and speaking only to the laws as they apply in AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I was too lazy to write more...:floorlaugh:

Do you remember the offenders names? If they were to be tried as adults their names would have hit media.

Their names were always in the media and continue to be named on the media. The case was transferred to another county and no decision has yet been made as to how they will be tried.... yet.

I think Juan needs to stack this new jury with younger people...that way even with alternates they have chance for a good mix of people in the room.

I don't think it's fair that trial is supposed to be JURY OF HER PEERS , and yet there almost no "peers" in the final deliberations. There were poeple old enough to be her grandparents!! And we are expecting them to send someone their granddaughter's age to Death!

One person, who did not even deliberate, says she's not going to break her commitment to keep the jury decisions private, but then blabs that the "older people" didn't vote for death? And now it's being generalized to say "no old people should be on the jury!"? Really?

I don't understand why people cannot accept that this group of diverse people deliberated and concluded as they did. It was not a mistake or an error. They did what they were supposed to do: deliberate to try to come to a unanimous decision but not compromise their values/beliefs in order to do so.

In our opinions, we may have felt a certain outcome was appropriate. That doesn't make our opinion the 'correct' one.

Juror number 10: "interview me! I want to be on TV! I will tweet about the case all day....everyone pay attention to me!" That's what I perceive. So good, she'll get her attention.

ETA: oops, it wasn't #10 who tweeted.

Does anyone besides me struggle with the whole pick another jury and redo the penalty phase thing?

I can't understand how that's constitutional ... But I'm not a lawyer...

I'm not crazy about it either. It seems a little nutty to bring in a new group of people, give them cliff notes, and then decide a person's life. But then again, I tend to think that juries should not decide sentences in death penalty cases anyway. Let the judge do that. I know that is highly controversial, and I can see the other side of the argument. But just my opinion.

Death penalty or life either way I'm ok with that. But I really want to hear Jodi complain about having to eat bologna sandwiches AGAIN!!!

I think Jodi is evil, but I also think that life in prison is adequate to deal with her, and that is consistent with the jury instructions.

It's not age or gender. It's an issue with vague instructions that can be interpreted in different ways by different people.

It would be unconstitutional to sentence every murderer to death. If you believe in the death penalty, then you also must accept that not every murderer will be executed. Getting upset over this will only lead to the death penalty being banned altogether. moo.

Pretty sure that not a single poster has said anything about every murderer deserving death. Also pretty sure that each poster here understands that not every murderer will be executed. I also know for a fact that talking about Jodi Arias needing/not needing the death penalty and getting upset about the lack of a death penalty verdict in this case will NOT get the death penalty banned altogether. Now while we (as a whole) do inspire others out in the world to stand up for victims rights, we do not have the power to change the laws of every state in the entire US not to mention any other countries that may have the death penalty. ALL of us are allowed to post our thoughts, feelings, ideas. It is not reserved for only those that happen to agree with us.

Bottom line, over exaggeration is not a good thing either and the bolded is most definitely a complete over exaggeration IMO.

MOO

I agree, I was too lazy to write more...:floorlaugh:

I knew I liked you!

I'm usually too lazy to provide links! Everyone knows I'd rather slap a IMO than search for a link... :)

I think what she was really doing was giving us a big hint as to who voted life. Now I think the twitter rumor was true and Willy #9 voted life. #1 is my next guess. Not sure how I feel about this interview.

I agree...I love Jane but I really wish She hadn't tried to get her to focus on jurors' ages in terms of how they voted...

I think the juror couldn't wriggle out of that easily enough.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to get another jury for this phase but then again, this is how it's done in Arizona so I respect the process. It seems the Travis Alexander family wants death and does not want to give up. For that reason, I support this. I am typically anti-death penalty but this case is unique... it's not just about how horrific the crime was, though that was a slaughter... it's more about Jodi Arias, herself. I honestly see nothing there inside of her. I feel she is without a soul, without any sort of feeling of remorse whatsoever. I really do think she deserves the death penalty. If she gets life, even without the possibility of parole, she will find a way to manipulate somehow. She gets death, yes, the appeal process will be in play but she will be very secluded. She gets life and in three or so years, if she's not out of control with her behavior, she will have more time out of her cell, maybe even a roommate. No thank you. I believe she is evil and I really want her locked up until her execution. I can't believe I am saying this because I'm typically anti-death penalty like I said, but Jodi Arias allowed me to make an exception.

Great first post and welcome to our group Clevelander! :seeya:

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

I think Jodi is evil, but I also think that life in prison is adequate to deal with her, and that is consistent with the jury instructions.

It's not age or gender. It's an issue with vague instructions that can be interpreted in different ways by different people.

It would be unconstitutional to sentence every murderer to death. If you believe in the death penalty, then you also must accept that not every murderer will be executed. Getting upset over this will only lead to the death penalty being banned altogether. moo.

I would agree with it being banned all together. It's crazy that depending which state a crime is committed in one could be sentenced to death or not. I can't wrap my head around that.

I think the death penalty says more about us and the system than it does the murderer.

Doesn't double jeopardy apply to the acquittal of a defendant in the guilt phase? No acquittal here. In this case, the jury could not come to a unanimous decision. When the jury can't reach a unanimous decision in a guilt phase, a mistrial is declared and the defendant can be tried again.

The time and money doesn't bother me.. It seems almost like double jeopardy. IMO the state should only get ONE shot, not two.

I'm stating that being totally objective and speaking only to the laws as they apply in AZ.

Does anyone besides me struggle with the whole pick another jury and redo the penalty phase thing?

I can't understand how that's constitutional ... But I'm not a lawyer...

Are you OK with retrying the guilt phase after a hung jury? Because that's done all the time.

I would agree with it being banned all together. It's crazy that depending which state a crime is committed in one could be sentenced to death or not. I can't wrap my head around that.

I think the death penalty says more about us and the system than it does the murderer.

It's because each state is supposed to be sovereign--a federation of independent states. Our federal government has become much stronger in the last couple of hundred years, though, so it's easy to forget that the states were originally supposed to govern their own affairs.

I'm also guessing #1. When the jury was polled her 'yes' was very weak. I know many people thought it was the placement of the microphone but I just didn't hear it that way. At this point, I'm surprised by the M1 conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07