Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

Jury has another question!

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 1m
Another Question: #AbaroaTrial Jury coming back with second note of the day. #ABC11

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 4m
Jury wants to see victim's day planner and two DNA reports. #AbaroaTrial #ABC11

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 @TGibbsABC11
Jury wants to see victim's day planner and two DNA reports. #AbaroaTrial #ABC11

Jury has another question!

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 1m
Another Question: #AbaroaTrial Jury coming back with second note of the day. #ABC11
Jury wants to see victim's day planner and two DNA reports.

I'm out. Of the house connecting to wifi on my iPad when I can find it. So anxious for a verdict. I think the items they are asking to see bode well.

Bet I can guess which DNA samples, but I don't think "looking" at them will help them with Donna's explanations. Maybe the explaination comes with the test report?

We may not get a verdict until next week. This jury is impressing me with their wanting to see so many items of evidence. I hope there are some highly intelligent people on the jury....and this asking for evidence seems to point that way.

Just listened to a news clip, and they said if Raven is found guilty, he will receive a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
I assume they mean without parole.

In North Carolina they do. There is no such thing in NC as "Life" with the possibility of parole. If it is "Life," it is automatically Life Without Parole. LWOP. Isn't that just dandy, JJ? I dig it!

Which DNA reports in conjunction with Donna? Sorry - I don't understand!

Bet I can guess which DNA samples, but I don't think "looking" at them will help them with Donna's explanations. Maybe the explaination comes with the test report?

Which DNA reports in conjunction with Donna? Sorry - I don't understand!

Maybe the ones from the side door and car? Were there others? I don't remember.

what dna reports?

Seattle, there were quite a few - both Janet's and Raven's clothing (that he lied about), the blood smudges on Kaiden's onsie, the vehicle blood, - there was also blood in the bedroom and bedroom bath.

The ones the defense wants to use to raise doubt are the ones on the side exterior door, and the one on the closet of the office. Foreign DNA that was likely there before the blood got on top of it.
Oh, and they want to argue that there were TWO stains on the countertop and TWO on the door. It's likely these may be what the jurors asked for.
Pray for wisdom for them.

Seattle, there were quite a few - both Janet's and Raven's clothing (that he lied about), the blood smudges on Kaiden's onsie, the vehicle blood, - there was also blood in the bedroom and bedroom bath.

The ones the defense wants to use to raise doubt are the ones on the side exterior door, and the one on the closet of the office. Foreign DNA that was likely there before the blood got on top of it.
Oh, and they want to argue that there were TWO stains on the countertop and TWO on the door. It's likely these may be what the jurors asked for.
Pray for wisdom for them.

Cool. I just wonder why they want to see them? It's not like they have changed since presented. Strange.

That DNA list jogs my memory. Did Raven say he went into the bedroom and bath after he touched Janet, or how did they explain the "coin robber" getting her blood in there?

That DNA list jogs my memory. Did Raven say he went into the bedroom and bath after he touched Janet, or how did they explain the "coin robber" getting her blood in there?

I may be wrong but I don't think they ever explained it. I am going in circles trying to remember precise testimony from the trial and I'm getting it mixed up with both the defense and the prosecution's closing arguments. I think I'm becoming very restless and impatient, wanting a guilty verdict right now!

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 4m
Entering the 6th hour of deliberations in #AbaroaTrial. Jury seems focused. #ABC11

Retweeted by

Only been five hours so far? My estimate was way off.
Keep on "focusing" jurors - focus on justice for Janet, please.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back