SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have I missed the DT issued a statement TODAY of all days???? Is it possible for them to be this insensitive, dense, or worse sadistic???

Look who wrote the article, their puppet reporter.

Pretty quiet here tonight. Where's Sleuth? Did he turn back into a dog after midnight? Didn't even leave his glass slipper behind? :floorlaugh:

I've been spending time with my family and taking a break from all things Jodi related for the last few days. DH made the comment about a week ago that it was nice to have his wife back, so I guess I was missed (a little).

Rosemary - hope Kyle is better today, and is home (or home soon). I say a little prayer for him every night.

I pray Travis' family remembers that what happened on this day five years ago does not define Travis. What Travis did every day up until then defines who he was. I pray they remember how he lived and let the memory of how he died take a backseat in their memories. Rest in peace Travis.

I'm absolutely willing to learn the "write" way, lol, and appreciate your input, HopefulOne.

I'd always heard that if the name has two syllables, then you just add an apostrophe. Now, I see there is more than one accepted way to do this!

Here's one example of guidelines, but I'm not sure of the "official" nature of the web source:

3. If a singular proper noun (a name) ends in s, Chicago and AP handle apostrophes differently.

In AP style, if a proper noun ends in s or an s sound, add an apostrophe only.
Chris‘ exam scores were higher than any other students.

In Chicago style, if a proper nouns ends in s add ‘s.
Last year Kansas’s legislature passed a law.

EXCEPTION #1 IN CHICAGO STYLE: If a name is two or more syllables and ends in an eez sound, use only an apostrophe.
The Ganges’ source is in the Himalayas.

EXCEPTION #2 IN CHICAGO STYLE: If the s at the end of the name is not pronounced, use only an apostrophe.
Albert Camus’ novels are assigned in some classes.

EXCEPTION #3 IN CHICAGO STYLE: In “For . . . sake” expressions omit the s (following the apostrophe) when the noun ends in an s or an s sound.
For goodness’ sake, apostrophe rules are confusing.

http://www.grammaruntied.com/blog/?p=816

So, given that perhaps there are two "write" ways, we both get to be right! :wink:

Well, that's just clear as mud! I started out using Travis', but after seeing so many use Travis's I started using that. Now, I go back and forth. From now on I'm only gonna use Travis'. "Write" or wrong, LOL

Oh thats hilarious. She isn't mentally ill...axis II does not follow in severity of Axis I diagnoses...hence why it is listed at TWO, not ONE. Only Axis I is considerable for being criminally insane....she is nowhere close to that. Do they.seriously think ppl are that.dumb so as to believe.this? Another pathetic attempt for LWOP that she does not want (remember she wants death! LOL!) because, at least in this state, it is unethical to give someone with SMI or low mental status the DP.
Even if she has bipolar that wouldn't automatically qualify her. You need a long time history a la Jared Loughner, Andrea Yates, James Holmes. Nice try Nurmi et al

Sgent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BRAVO!!!!! Someone should put that in their "comments" section of AZcentral!:rockon:

Friends release balloons to honor Travis
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/04/friends-release-balloons-honor-travis?hpt=hln10_5

davehall.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/box_300x250/2013/06/04/davehall.jpg

IMO

Jodi will never be sentenced to DP. Yes, it's what the Family wants, but it's not their decision. The pursuit is, but not the sentence.

Nothing that happens will ever fill the hole left by the loss of Travis. There is no such thing as closure.

In my personal experience with an execution it did not lessen my pain at the loss of a beloved one. Honestly, he was dead to me long before the execution. The only people affected were the innocents who loved HIM.

ITA. I always say that you can always put on another sweater but you can only get so naked.

:floorlaugh: that's what I say too!!!! I'm in shorts at 50 degrees!

(I was born and raised until 17 years old in Hawaii...I think that's where my heat intolerance started!)

I would absolutely die. I don't handle anything over 80....one can always get warmer--getting cooler is hard. How could anyone enjoy the outdoors in such a harsh climate as phoenix? Where's the water?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEy8uDORIhM

Enjoy activites from 6-9 am and 6 pm onward. That is pretty much it lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I want to hear it-TIA

I was afraid of that: :floorlaugh:

I was living in Simi Valley, California and had 4 year old twin boys. I was a member of the Simi Valley Mother's of Twins Club which was a philanthropic organization. I also worked as a grocery checker in Chatsworth, which was just "over the hill" from Simi Valley. One of my regular customers was Mr. Spahn and what I assumed was his wife and red-headed daughter. They were always together as Mr. Spahn was blind. Mr. Spahn owned the "Spahn Ranch" which was used for many western movie sets.

Simi Valley was about to get a 4 lane highway to connect to the San Fernando Valley. The current road at the time was a deadly 2 lane mountainous road, so this was a BIG DEAL. There was going to be a big celebration including a parade. The Twins Club decided to enter a float and elected me head of the committee to design and build the float. (Yeah, I know, ask the divorced gal that has 4 kids under 4 years of age, a 40 hour a week job and goes to real estate school at night to take on the biggest fund raising project of the year. :floorlaugh: ) Anyway, my idea for the float was to portray Simi Valley coming of age from the wagon trail era. For this we needed a buckboard. I knew Spahn Ranch had buckboards. The next week when Mr. Spahn and family came in I asked if we could borrow one and he said yes and we agreed upon a time for me to come out and make the arrangements.

It was early summer and didn't get dark until 8:00 or 9:00 pm. But Mr. Spahn asked me to come out about 7:30. I took my friend, Eunice (also a mother of twins, misery loves company) and off we went to the ranch. When we got there they were eating dinner at a very long "table" made from rough building studs. The house looked like it had never been cleaned, EVER! It was a wooden structure made from old barn wood, just like in the old movies. There were about 10 people at the table. They made the introductions. We met Tex Watson, a girl named Squeaky, a few others and…a Mr. Charlie Manson! This whole bunch were the dirtiest motley crew I'd ever seen in my life. The "serving dishes" were dinged up pots that the food had been cooked in. Tex asked for someone to pass him a certain pot just as the dog came to his side. He lowered the pot for the dog to take a few bites then he spooned some onto his own metal plate and passed it along. :puke: At about this point, Eunice grabbed my hand and she never let go. I'm sure our eyes were big as saucers and I was hoping the "family" couldn't see the hair standing up on the back of our necks. We wanted to leave but we were told Charlie would take us out to select which size buckboard we needed when they finished eating. (Thank God they didn't offer us a plate!) The sun was starting to go down by now.

As I said in my original post, it's not a riveting story. We got our buckboard but when they offered to deliver it we gave the address of the school. (We didn't want them knowing where we lived.) And we did win 1st place with our float. Also, Eunice and I learned to imbibe alcoholic beverages. But we actually cried like babies when we learned what happened to the Tate/La Bianca families. We felt the EVIL just being in the same room with them, watching them eat a meal. I can't imagine the terror those poor people felt when that bunch began murdering them.

So you ask me if I know Charlie Manson? Yeah, I "had dinner" with Charlie Manson.

Here's a link for you KIDS who don't know who Charlie is:

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/t/tate/tate_murders.htm

Look who wrote the article, their puppet reporter.

Then MK is just as bad as Jodi if he picked this day of all days to spew this stuff. He apparently likes to rub salt in the wounds of the family that Travis left behind.

Well, that's just clear as mud! I started out using Travis', but after seeing so many use Travis's I started using that. Now, I go back and forth. From now on I'm only gonna use Travis'. "Write" or wrong, LOL

The way I learned it was Travis' shows possession and Travis's is short for Travis is

Pretty quiet here tonight. Where's Sleuth? Did he turn back into a dog after midnight? Didn't even leave his glass slipper behind? :floorlaugh:

I've been spending time with my family and taking a break from all things Jodi related for the last few days. DH made the comment about a week ago that it was nice to have his wife back, so I guess I was missed (a little).

Rosemary - hope Kyle is better today, and is home (or home soon). I say a little prayer for him every night.

Good Evening, your Highness. ;)

[video=youtube;OC9sESRMRRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9sESRMRRM[/video]

:floorlaugh: that's what I say too!!!! I'm in shorts at 50 degrees!

(I was born and raised until 17 years old in Hawaii...I think that's where my heat intolerance started!)

I'm a native Californian but I spent my high school years in Phoenix. Dear gawd. Summers there killed me! I was so 'trowma-tized' by the experience that I now have an 'acceptable temperature' range of between 68 and 70 and I enforce it year round!

IMO

Jodi will never be sentenced to DP. Yes, it's what the Family wants, but it's not their decision. The pursuit is, but not the sentence.

Nothing that happens will ever fill the hole left by the loss of Travis. Therre is no such thing as closure.

In my personal experience with an execution it did not lessen my pain at the loss of a beloved one. Honestly, he was dead to me long before the execution. The only people affected were the innocents who loved HIM.

Everyone has different experiences and not everyone feels the same way. Our own experiences color the way we look at things. I have heard one experience from I believe, one of the families of one of Bundy's victims, that there was no.full closure and nothing would bring their daughter back but that he could never again escape and harm anyone else. That brought them peace.
It is incorrect to say she will not get it or that it isn't up to the family. While the state does decide the final decision ultimately the family has the biggest say. They can state they want another penalty phase trial and.pursue death as an option. Or they can ask that it be taken off the table.

Frankly...if she dies the only thing her family would.mourn (many of them anyway) is the loss of who they thought their child was. It is no longer about them once a child turns 18 and makes their own bad choices. Sad? Sure in some way, however JA brought it in herself some of them seem to realize this.

It is about what the family wants and no one here is the family. Everyone has opinions however their wishes and wants should be respected in spite of our own.feelings or experiences. Our experiences or feelings have nothing to do with it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I would absolutely die. I don't handle anything over 80....one can always get warmer--getting cooler is hard. How could anyone enjoy the outdoors in such a harsh climate as phoenix? Where's the water?

As my daughter said to my grandson (they live in Massachusetts) when he asked how his grandfathers could stand the desert: "You know how we spend most of the winter inside because of the cold? Well, they do the same thing in the summer. In the other seasons, they are outside all day long."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa