SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blow your whistle

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLw6G2jjaE"]Gary Toms Empire - Best Of - 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Blow Your Whistle - YouTube[/ame]

Guarantee this book will help you achieve your goal. It has worked for myself and many others I know, its amazing...

http://allencarr.com/

bobloblaw, I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but my sister used to be a heavy smoker and used that site and had amazing results! I'm so proud and happy for her! She was a heavy smoker for 35 years and just the other day celebrated her two year anniversary of being a non-smoker. :seeya:

For our sister thread:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVTuFMt4VLE"]Belle And Sebastian - She´s Losing It - YouTube[/ame]

Wishing a very Happy Birthday to Gottshouse...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxrX42WcjQ"]Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5IifdSv9Gk"]Mandy by Barry Manilow - YouTube[/ame]

I was born in the 60's and LOVE 60's, 70's and 80's music the most. I forgot to bring my case of CD's with me today and while driving I was stuck listening to the radio (and I don't have satellite radio) and I had some rock station on and they were playing very "angry nonsense" type of music. I almost always have my CD's with me, and it had been a long time since I listened to the radio. Don't get me wrong...I am a rock and roll chick all the way and I like some heavy stuff, but dang...I don't like the sound of thrashing guitars and grunting vocals. At one point I was convinced that the CD was skipping at the radio station! Give me 60's and 70's music any day of the week!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I so agree with you and I have a theory that has yet to be disproved at least according to me.

The bands of the late 60s and entire 70s to me were the most amazing talented groups I have ever listened to. My theory goes that most of these bands developed by kids working very hard in their garage bands and becoming very talented guitar, bass, and drum players. By the time they got to be in a famous band, they had no doubt spent much of their early life practicing with their garage bands.

Now, enter the 2000s and beyond.
I am convinced a lot of modern bands did not have to practice many and many years to get "famous". When I hear death metal or rap, at least to my ears, I just dont hear much talent in the instruments.

Back in the 70s, you had to have at least 3 main players. Lead Guitar, Bass, and Drums. There were many bands like Emerson Lake + Palmer and Rush, that actually only needed 3 people to rock the house.

When I hear bands like the Cars, each instrument and vocal stood out so clear and great. I just miss the clarity in the instruments.

My theory is no talent in a lot of the new bands.

400 questions unsealed .. grrrr .. wonder when we will see them all .. one juror wanted a particular day off to visit family members, that's about it .. guess we'll see the rest of the questions in the next few hours.

:seeya: Hi lurking friends from Brissie, see you're still liking our links :)

Did she have pets, did she ever hurt a pet or otherwise?

Sooooo .. were they really following the admonition?

She was on and off the stand before the video was released, where she talked about kicking Doggy Boy and never seeing him again.

bobloblaw, I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but my sister used to be a heavy smoker and used that site and had amazing results! I'm so proud and happy for her! She was a heavy smoker for 35 years and just the other day celebrated her two year anniversary of being a non-smoker. :seeya:

Ya its an unbelievably simple way to stop smoking. The author even encourages you to keep smoking while you read the book. No pressure at all, just common sense...

:lol: Nancy on Dr. Drew calling her a reptilian.

400 questions unsealed .. grrrr .. wonder when we will see them all .. one juror wanted a particular day off to visit family members, that's about it .. guess we'll see the rest of the questions in the next few hours.

azcentral.com will probably slowly dole them out until everyone has maxed out their free viewing of articles and have to subscribe ($) to see further or go elsewhere.

I know because I just maxed out on free viewings. UGH! I was able to view the video but that's all. Guess I'll be viewing the juror questions and other documents elsewhere.

azcentral.com will probably slowly dole them out until everyone has maxed out their free viewing of articles and have to subscribe ($) to see further or go elsewhere.

I know because I just maxed out on free viewings. UGH! I was able to view the video but that's all. Guess I'll be viewing the juror questions and other documents elsewhere.

Well I guess we know now how long it takes to get unsealed docs from the courthouse .. if I was in Arizona I'd be going down there and getting a hold of them myself .. wonder if anyone else made an application? Let's hope so.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I so agree with you and I have a theory that has yet to be disproved at least according to me.

The bands of the late 60s and entire 70s to me were the most amazing talented groups I have ever listened to. My theory goes that most of these bands developed by kids working very hard in their garage bands and becoming very talented guitar, bass, and drum players. By the time they got to be in a famous band, they had no doubt spent much of their early life practicing with their garage bands.

Now, enter the 2000s and beyond.
I am convinced a lot of modern bands did not have to practice many and many years to get "famous". When I hear death metal or rap, at least to my ears, I just dont hear much talent in the instruments.

Back in the 70s, you had to have at least 3 main players. Lead Guitar, Bass, and Drums. There were many bands like Emerson Lake + Palmer and Rush, that actually only needed 3 people to rock the house.

When I hear bands like the Cars, each instrument and vocal stood out so clear and great. I just miss the clarity in the instruments.

My theory is no talent in a lot of the new bands.

I agree with your theory, Hatfield. All I hear with a lot of those death metal bands are mostly power chords, galloping (fast up and down strumming) and grunting - blech! There's also new technology out there now that can make artists sound and seem more talented than what they really are - things like Pro-Tools for instance. :drumroll: Music is a big part of my life, and I count my lucky stars every day that I grew up during the time that I did. I appreciate most types of music even though I love rock and roll the most, but today's music just doesn't send me at all. There is a lot of garbage out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong