Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

Scheduling. No deal. I am seriously curious as to why he is wearing prison garb and the hair.

Looking like January 13th.

Tyndall didn't realize they are off that entire week for Thanksgiving???

Seems if Raven were planning to accept the plea, it would happen now. Re-trial it is.
January - was it tentatively set for the 13?

Scheduling. No deal. I am seriously curious as to why he is wearing prison garb and the hair.

Cause he's a prisoner, and he only grew his hair back thinking it would make him look younger, it didn't work.

He's in prison garb and he's in shackles because he's just another ordinary prisoner.

Didn't they say in the beginning? They said something about the plea... I thought they mentioned how many months or something. It was over 200.

Didn't think I'd be saying this, but I'm glad the state offered him a plea. His refusal will help in their justifications to go ahead with a re-trial.

Yep, orange is his color:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/CpWz_081.gif

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/CpWz_087.gif

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/CpWz_086.gif

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/CpWz_082.gif

I didn't see a plea agreement being taken and it shows how narcissistic and stupid he really truly is.

Hoping that Mrs. Christiansen gets her treatment. I foresee that this case will be pushed off a little bit more. Tyndall is not wanting January for some reason.

Didn't they say in the beginning? They said something about the plea... I thought they mentioned how many months or something. It was over 200.
I missed that. 200 months??? Raven would have been smart to grab that.
Wouldn't you have loved to be a fly on THAT wall when his attorneys discussed the plea?

Refreshed WRAl, and it replayed. 237 to 294 months for second degree plea offer. You were right, guera.

Refreshed WRAl, and it replayed. 237 to 294 months for second degree plea offer. You were right, guera.

That would have been about 20 years. He would be out when he was in his 50's.

This shows what a sociopath he truly is, though I'm sure Karyn will spin it into he's not guilty. She knows he's guilty, his family knows he's guilty, his attorneys know he's guilty.

Nobody but Raven killed Janet. He's a true socipoath.

That would have been about 20 years. He would be out when he was in his 50's.

This shows what a sociopath he truly is, though I'm sure Karyn will spin it into he's not guilty. She knows he's guilty, his family knows he's guilty, his attorneys know he's guilty.

Nobody but Raven killed Janet. He's a true socipoath.
Would the plea take into account time served? Would that come off the top of the sentencing, or is that the absolute time?
When/if he gets LWOP, his time served won't mean squat.

Didn't see KarEn. Did I miss her, too?
At least Janet's family knows where they stand now, and have time to re-group. I agree with you, Trix. Tendall didn't want to commit even to January. Already starting in about being able to find a jury, and how long the case will be. Sort of like, "I'll deal with that nuisance later."
I have zero sympathy for defense attorneys who know their clients are guilty, and lie to get them off, but you have to admit... Raven as a client would be a challenge. Is it wrong to smile, just a little, at their frustrations?

Would the plea take into account time served? Would that come off the top of the sentencing, or is that the absolute time?
When/if he gets LWOP, his time served won't mean squat.

If he took the plea time served would have come off the top, so in the end it would have been 24.5 years minus the 1196 days served which would = 21.23 years.

Raven would be 54 years old when he would be released from prison if he had taken the plea, Kaiden would be 29 years old. They still would have had time together. Something Janet would not get because of Raven.

If (or when) Raven gets life without parole, that means he will never get to set outside as a free man.

If he took the plea time served would have come off the top, so in the end it would have been 24.5 years minus the 1196 days served which would = 21.23 years.

Raven would be 54 years old when he would be released from prison if he had taken the plea, Kaiden would be 29 years old. They still would have had time together. Something Janet would not get because of Raven.

If (or when) Raven gets life without parole, that means he will never get to set outside as a free man.

That's the scary part. Glad he's to arrogant to take the gift offered. I can't imagine the conversation his attorneys would have had with him.
Are they working as court-appointed, for the wage the state pays? Do they also run a private practice?
We just had this come up with the Arias case, and at least one, if not both attorneys were getting $250/hr FROM THE STATE because they each also had a private practice.

That's the scary part. Glad he's to arrogant to take the gift offered. I can't imagine the conversation his attorneys would have had with him.
Are they working as court-appointed, for the wage the state pays? Do they also run a private practice?
We just had this come up with the Arias case, and at least one, if not both attorneys were getting $250/hr FROM THE STATE because they each also had a private practice.

Maybe he decided not to take it because he figured by that time Kaiden was 29 years old Kaiden would have figured out that his father was indeed the one who murdered his mother and he would rather be incarcerated so as not to face him. Since I'm not a sociopath, I have no clue what his thinking is.

This was a first degree murder case and as such they were next in line for the Fair Trial initiative or indigent services. They do have private practices and Amos is considered a very good attorney as is Mani, who is a Harvard Graduate. I think they did the best job they could with what they had though. I don't agree with their victim bashing though, at all and the way Mrs. Christiansen was treated, as though to show she wasn't close with her daughter.

I am surprised Raven hasn't fired Amos & Mani by now though.

Just watched Wral's video of the trial scheduling and noticed several things.

Did anybody notice the scar on the back of his head? It runs from the top down about halfway his head right in the middle of his skull.

Right before he stood up, he and Mani shared a smile......literally made me get chills.

When Janet's family got up, he bowed his head lower and furrowed his forehead/brow. He didn't/couldn't look at them.

His eyes.....whew.... his eyes....sunken, glazed, the eyes of a killer. When I look at close-ups of his eyes, I just get a sick/shaky feeling in the pit of my stomach. He is soooooo guilty!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back