Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were "cleared" from involvement by Toombs (who is no longer has investigational jurisdiction) on the basis of a poly and his belief (in other words they were not excluded on the basis of hard evidence).

That does not mean that HD did not go to their house that day. Toombs said nothing about that, it is an extrapolation you are making. You are assuming that if HD went to CD's house that day, he/N must have done something to her, but that is simply not supported at all, nor is anyone suggesting that.

What does that have to do with the tea in china? Are you saying that anything in the investigation which is not stated by the agency of current jurisdiction is false? Please provide me with a link as to which specific agency is currently in charge of Hailey's murder investigation.

This is pure speculation on your part. You have no idea if what you are stating is true.

So ... if Shawn Adkins was involved in that he helped Billie after a fatal assault born from an argument, an argument he potentially caused - I can see why initially he helped but why does he continue to participate in the lie when he is being attacked from her side? What is their dynamic? At the time I possibly thought Billie was dependent on Shawn, to have the love interest of a younger good looking man, and combined with her jealousy of Hailey meant facing the fact that Shawn did that to Hailey was impossible. As time goes on and the more we see of Billie, I don't think that is likely how it goes.

Is it simply that unlike the other players he is capable of being less volatile? Has good legal advice to just keep quiet? Or is a personal dynamic that makes this so?

So ... if Shawn Adkins was involved in that he helped Billie after a fatal assault born from an argument, an argument he potentially caused - I can see why initially he helped but why does he continue to participate in the lie when he is being attacked from her side? What is their dynamic? At the time I possibly thought Billie was dependent on Shawn, to have the love interest of a younger good looking man, and combined with her jealousy of Hailey meant facing the fact that Shawn did that to Hailey was impossible. As time goes on and the more we see of Billie, I don't think that is likely how it goes.

Is it simply that unlike the other players he is capable of being less volatile? Has good legal advice to just keep quiet? Or is a personal dynamic that makes this so?

I find Shawn very complex. Since all this happened compared to Billie he has handled himself very well in that he keeps out of the limelight and he doesn't annoy people the way she does. I do believe he is being told to keep quiet and unlike her maybe he listens to his legal advice. The bit about being less volatile he does come across that way but I also think he has a temper or at least several people have said he has threatened them in the past.

I instantly thought of Hailey's case when I read the Kyron Horman story linked below.

While those involved in the investigation will tell you that they have a strong idea of what happened, they will also concede that they are a long way from being able to prove it.

It’s one thing to get an indictment; it’s another thing to get a conviction.

They could obtain an indictment but they are still not where they need to be – which is to be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. It’s a different standard and they don’t want to get an indictment until they can clear that second, higher bar.

You won’t hear any of those involved in the case talk the case. You won’t hear them talk about how they won’t rest until they have eliminated every single possibility except for the one that points to who did it.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Thre...till-working-Kyron-Horman-case-210128321.html

Actually, he was cooperating for the most part, it was just that LE was adversarial and didn't like his answers. Probably because they had already decided he was their guy.

Let me suggest (as I have pointed out repeatedly) you look at what LE did NOT say in the affidavit. The details that should be there, but are not. They do not cite any specifics he said that later were contradicted. IMO it is because the contradictory information was hearsay from other people who claimed SA told them, not what SA actually told LE.

LE do not appear to have asked critical questions about details either. For example, exactly what his movements were, which way he went and when. Why? He said he went to his mothers house, but no specifics were given. SA later said in an interview that LE never asked him those sorts of details, just where he went, which is what he told them. If you read the affidavit, that is exactly what appears to have happened. Then afterwards they got phone call routing information that indicated calls made on route through CC, and they saw THAT as a contradiction. In an affidavit they can't lie and make up specifics, but they still want their warrant, so they imply a discrepancy instead.

What about the events at his work? Again, read the affidavit, and you will notice that although they give great detail about what the supervisor said, they give very little detail regarding what SA claimed (basically none). Why is that? My interpretation is that is yet another implied discrepancy, of which the affidavit is full.

Everything that you just said is all according to Shawn Adkins only. You just quoted his interview verbatim. As far as what happened at work, Shawn admitted to lying and said that he walked in and didn't speak to anyone. So if Shawn says the police are lying then it's the gospel truth? I don't think so. Give me one credible person that can back up your theory and that does not include Shawn or Billie.

Shawn's interview that you just quoted as facts in the case.....

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=339746

JMO, I trust the police more than I trust SA and if they say that the sightings of Hailey are unreliable I'll take that over SA's speculation.

They probably have not reported everything they know in public so they might have receipts, phone data, witnesses, or other reliable information putting the witnesses or the other people they claim to have seen with Hailey elsewhere at that time, or there could be camera footage with no Hailey, or maybe some other kids came forward and said hey we were walking there at that time and didn't see her, but come to think of it, one of us kinda looks like Hailey from a distance.

JMO, I think the police tends to deal with lots of iffy sightings whenever there is a high profile missing persons case.

I'm waiting with this feeling that it will happen. We waited a long time for Hailey to be found, and this is more waiting for the truth to come out, but it will.

Just a thought re:SA's behavior. What if shawn was involved with helping bd cover up because she has info to blackmail him with? I know it sounds far fetched, but IMO that would be a good reason to not say anything more no matter what bd carries on about.

Just a thought re:SA's behavior. What if shawn was involved with helping bd cover up because she has info to blackmail him with? I know it sounds far fetched, but IMO that would be a good reason to not say anything more no matter what bd carries on about.

Personally I think that is what is happening.

Are you playing games Tugela? You have followed this case as long as I have, this was all common knowledge. Who would be responsible for informing LE that Adkins was on her property, and in violation of the no trespass order?

This is all really just a game to Billie. I saw tonight (on facebook) that she was seen with Adkins in Abilene, Friday night. She is doing the same thing she did in the above linked news story from 2011. This has been a problem from the beginning, her actions never line up with her words.

Are you serious? Like in June 2013?

I wish the other POI's had been named by somebody. Does anyone know if any other names have been floating around FaceBook or anywhere else for that matter.
Sorry, I just don't agree with the scenarios inside her home. Shawn's lies, timeline, and locale are not good. But, how many perps put themselves out there like he has if they are guilty.
I think she may have been harmed by someone she secretly trusted. We know she was going somewhere when she said she was staying with MB. Billie said, she had stayed there before. Yet, MB's mom said she had never stayed there.
As for the timeline, it is just the basics of a timeline. Not detailed enough to question discrepencies.
Whoever it is I hope they have a good tab on him.
I don't want this to be another unsolved mystery. I wonder if Dateline would pick the story up.

God I hope not, I for one do not want billie or Shawn's name in a book- that is what they want, to see their names in black and white

We have eye witness accounts who appear to be sincere.

There is no reason to disbelieve them.

If you have real reason to disbelieve them, enlighten us.

I am not going to discount them simply because you have a different theory of events and they are inconvenient to that.

Assuming this goes to trial based on your theory, the prosecution will claim that HD died the night before. The defence however will use these witnesses to show otherwise. The defence will not be required to corroborate anything, all they will need is for the witnesses to be sincere. At that point the prosecutions case is lost unless they can prove that these witnesses were wrong.

So, you are the local who knows everything the public does not, what is this proof that they are going to present? If you can do that, then you can convince me, otherwise all I am hearing from you is uncorroborated gossip.

I know this local will be at the courtroom hearing just the facts maam

IIRC the reasons were:

1) for the neighbor, he had a record. This is NOT a valid reason to discount him. And in fact, he reported seeing her using a phone at approximately the same time the phone was used.

2) For the hairdresser, video of HD and some boy had been obtained for the day earlier. Again, this is not a valid reason since there is no reason why HD could not have been with the boy on two separate days. The hairdresser was quite insistent that she had the day correct.

3) The woman who saw HD that evening with MB and another boy was discounted (IIRC, never understood the logic of it though) because some girls claimed to see HD in the company of some other girl who was out of town on that day.

Just one more thing to note: these are the people we know about, there have probably been many more who just reported to LE and no one else.

Bravo, absolutely agree, The 3rd witness is a very reliable person, that knows the children of Ccity.

Bravo, absolutely agree, The 3rd witness is a very reliable person, that knows the children of Ccity.

When someone I know went missing for three months his close friends told his family they had seen him during those missing times. Turned out in the end that he died the night he went out. These were very close friends who had known him his whole life. Quite simply people can be mistaken.

People seem keen to disbelieve LE in favor of Billie but one thing I believe there forgetting is there was most probably evidence in the house/grounds linking to what happened to Hailey.

When someone I know went missing for three months his close friends told his family they had seen him during those missing times. Turned out in the end that he died the night he went out. These were very close friends who had known him his whole life. Quite simply people can be mistaken.

People seem keen to disbelieve LE in favor of Billie but one thing I believe there forgetting is there was most probably evidence in the house/grounds linking to what happened to Hailey.

It's so easy to get the days mixed up especially on a holiday weekend. Usually, I go visit my grand babies on Friday and come home on Sunday. A few weeks ago, I went to stay with them for a week. I came home on Saturday instead of Sunday. That night, I took my shower, got the house picked up and set down to relax and watch Client list. I sat there for several minutes trying to figure out why it wasn't on before I realized it wasn't Sunday. Ps. I wonder why women like shows about prostitutes. Ie. Pretty woman and client list?

I don't disbelieve LE, they never named the witnesses that were unreliable. Also, I know 2 of the witnesses. Let's just say their ducks are all in a row.

:waiting: . . . :waiting: . . for . . :jail:. . . :jail:

I know I am "impatient" ... but I just don't understand WHY it is taking so long ...

:please: I just want to see Justice for Hailey ...

I don't disbelieve LE, they never named the witnesses that were unreliable. Also, I know 2 of the witnesses. Let's just say their ducks are all in a row.

LE have said NO sightings could be verified. I do agree LE are getting all their ducks in a row though. Justice for Hailey.

Maybe, at the time of the writing of the affidavits.
Yes... " Justice for Hailey"

They said AFTER the affidavits that there was no credible sightings of Hailey. I appreciate you want to believe what the people say that you know but according to LE they disagree regarding the sightings. Or maybe you have a link to LE saying they could confirm the sightings after all? I would love to see them if you had : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa