SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
No your not nuts LOL I have Clients who shall we say are not of sound mind. One kept singing "Do you know the muffin man". Days later my co-workers were slapping me so i would stop humming/singing it and I had no clue I was doing it. Now that's nuts LOL.

Oh my gosh, The Muffin Man, how long has it been since I've heard that?

So I did everyone a favor. Here it is, and, it's a sing along! :floorlaugh:

Do You Know The Muffin Man ? sing a long - YouTube

I'm with you.

I had a Facebook account for a few months years ago and just found the whole thing creepy. Like someone is standing in your yard looking in your living room because you have the curtains open.

I hope that doesn't make me a nut. I know a lot of people who love it and I'm happy they like it...it's just not for me.

I hear ya

I tried to thank you but my thank you button isn't working. I feel good about what I did. To know there is another safe dog tonight.

As you should. Sending you a big cyber hug.

I am a foster mommy, no, I WAS a foster mommy for a rescue group, and then I fostered Violet. At first she constantly tried to kill my oldest dog, and then after that one was no longer an issue, she started on the youngest one. She growls she bites and she can be just plain mean! She bites people, hates kids and is just plain ornery. I was so worried that no one would ever adopt her... It was so obvious that she had been so mistreated wherever it was that she grew up. Sigh. It was a long hard road to rehab her, since every time I tried to stop her bad behaviors, she would cower and roll onto her back and whimper. (But then go back to doing the bad thing, lol)
Anyhow, Violet has come a long way since then. And her forever Mommy would not trade her in for anything. She is so loved and pampered, and her Mommy LOVES her ornery-ness. And Violet does try, very, very hard, now, to be a good girl for her Mommy.
So, I want to thank you, for Violet, and her Mom (me, :blushing: ) because all doggies deserve a loving home that will teach them right from wrong, and love them for who they are, even when they are bad. And most of all, to take care of them and protect them. I am so thankful you persisted and got Animal Control to listen. Some humans are just not fit to own a dog. Thank you.

Violet was very lucky to have you as a foster mom...that is so great she is in a good home!

Nothing cool like you get to do :( I am a Behavioral Health Technician...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

As a behavioral health case manager I know that you as a tech do amazing things...you are the person who teaches and tries to address from poor hygiene to social behaviors when in the community..You do a lot..And I thank you, your position is a very needed member of a recovery/wellness team

Darn it I want stories lol!

I will tell one that I can. It's kinda one of those ya had to be there. I was always sent down to minor surgery with a patient who needed stitching etc. So I'm in this small surgical room. Stifling hot. Person was known to be violent. Sedated or so we thought. Me,the Doc and the hottie med student :blushing: Med student has to stitch a head wound. He is soooo nervous his hands are shaking. He looks at the Doc and says dear gawd I think I hit her skull-when stitching. He faints. Knocks over all the free standing lights. The Patient starts to come out of sedation. The Doc yells at me to hop on the table and restrain until she can get more sedation. Ok I weigh 100 lbs. So we have the Student on the floor and a nurse tending to him. Lights are skewed. I'm on the table and the Patient like I'm riding a horse and being bucked. It ended well.

So far the highest is 95 in Austin and SC. Tornado threats from Iowa to Pennsylvania, Maryland, North Virginia and Delaware. This is to continue through tomorrow. If you are in the path please watch the weather.

Nothing cool like you get to do :( I am a Behavioral Health Technician...

Good for you. Well I can say it's not always cool LOL. They are challenging. I am Part time now. Moving toward retiring. I'll know when the time is right.

Violet was very lucky to have you as a foster mom...that is so great she is in a good home!

This is Violet
http://www.affenrescue.org/dog_pages/violet.html

And her new home, well, it is sort of a trade off. I adopted her. I realized that we loved her and that she would be a tough sell to most adopters, so I decided, after a year, that she had to stay here. But the sad part is that I can't foster anymore, not with Violet here, anyhow. And foster homes are so hard to find... So everyone, if you love dogs and think you have room for one, consider being a foster Mom or Dad. It is so rewarding, and it goes a long way to help dogs in need. Not all dogs in rescue are bad like Violet, i fostered many lovable imps that were placed into forever homes. violet was too special to let go :)
You can hook up with many rescues, find them on Petfinder, or call any of your local animal shelters, they know who to put you in contact with. Some shelters even use fosters.

I will tell one that I can. It's kinda one of those ya had to be there. I was always sent down to minor surgery with a patient who needed stitching etc. So I'm in this small surgical room. Stifling hot. Person was known to be violent. Sedated or so we thought. Me,the Doc and the hottie med student :blushing: Med student has to stitch a head wound. He is soooo nervous his hands are shaking. He looks at the Doc and says dear gawd I think I hit her skull-when stitching. He faints. Knocks over all the free standing lights. The Patient starts to come out of sedation. The Doc yells at me to hop on the table and restrain until she can get more sedation. Ok I weigh 100 lbs. So we have the Student on the floor and a nurse tending to him. Lights are skewed. I'm on the table and the Patient like I'm riding a horse and being bucked. It ended well.

Glad you got through it.

I have news on the dog abuse case. Animal Control came out and was only able to get one dog, it was running loose. There is a process and it takes time. The man who hit the dog is being charged with animal abuse. So hopefully he won't hit the dog, in the mean time. If I see him abuse the animals, I was told to call 911 because there is already a case out on him and he can be arrested on the spot. Once again I would like to thank my WS community for all their support.

legal, that's awesome! I had to go back some pages to see what you were talking about. There are folks on my road (who can kiss my a$$) that hate my guts because I call the law on them regarding their animals. The animals are usually removed. One lady tried to starve her two horses....well I wasn't going to watch that BS....they were becoming skin and bones....finally after all my calls they were removed. Then the lady (bi**h) comes to my house to chew me out! I told her to kick rocks with her sorry *advertiser censored*.

As a behavioral health case manager I know that you as a tech do amazing things...you are the person who teaches and tries to address from poor hygiene to social behaviors when in the community..You do a lot..And I thank you, your position is a very needed member of a recovery/wellness team

They do amazing things dont they. And are valued.

legal, that's awesome! I had to go back some pages to see what you were talking about. There are folks on my road (who can kiss my a$$) that hate my guts because I call the law on them regarding their animals. The animals are usually removed. One lady tried to starve her two horses....well I wasn't going to watch that BS....they were becoming skin and bones....finally after all my calls they were removed. Then the lady (bi**h) comes to my house to chew me out! I told her to kick rocks with her sorry *advertiser censored*.

Yay! You totally :rockon:

This is Violet
http://www.affenrescue.org/dog_pages/violet.html

And her new home, well, it is sort of a trade off. I adopted her. I realized that we loved her and that she would be a tough sell to most adopters, so I decided, after a year, that she had to stay here. But the sad part is that I can't foster anymore, not with Violet here, anyhow. And foster homes are so hard to find... So everyone, if you love dogs and think you have room for one, consider being a foster Mom or Dad. It is so rewarding, and it goes a long way to help dogs in need. Not all dogs in rescue are bad like Violet, i fostered many lovable imps that were placed into forever homes. violet was too special to let go :)
You can hook up with many rescues, find them on Petfinder, or call any of your local animal shelters, they know who to put you in contact with. Some shelters even use fosters.

OMG she looks just like the dog that was taken by Animal Control. I'm glad you have the patients and realize she has been through enough and just needs love right now. I have two dogs and four cats. My oldest cat is 20 and the youngest who are twins are 10. The twins were left on the side of the road in a box. They were about two months old. My sons friends brought them to me knowing I'm a sucker for animals. I rescued one dog from the family who lived across the street, he stayed tied to a tree 24/7. They went on vacation and asked me to feed him. When they saw I had him in the house they didn't want him anymore.

This is way off topic and gender specific...but..I did get a consult re: my marionette lines ..and ladies I was told fillers for marrionette lines are addressed with the fillers, last 9-12 months...and I am plunging forward...ok enough ot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle