SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all need to look for golfers, firemen, and policemen....they all seem to be big relationship guys...

I'm being serious!

I wouldn't date a cop for all the money on planet earth! I grew up with them because my Dad was in LE. Macho/ego, domineering, deceptive, womanizers, etc. They are at high risk for alcoholism and min. heavy drinkers.

Now I am not going to say every single solitary one are like the above characteristics but it is very pervasive among male police officers.

My experience growing up being around them and JMHO

:floorlaugh: I normally agree with you 100%, but this time I'm gonna have to (respectfully) make an exception.

1. With a golfer you will be a golf widow.

2. I knew too many fireman that lead double lives since they have schedules like 4 days on, 3 days off, etc.

3. Cops! Be VERY CAREFUL. Is has been said they walk a fine line between cop and criminal. (Think Drew Peterson and Brett Seacat.)

My best friend for many years in So. Cali is married to a Captain for LAPD. I heard too many stories that would singe your eyebrows. I made a rule to not date cops.

I met a guy and we started dating and I asked what he did and said, "Please don't tell me you are a cop." He said, "I work for the city." When I pressed him on it he said he was a garbage collector. That might have been a deal breaker had he not been the cutest thing and had personality plus. About 6 months later I finally agreed to introduce him to my friends at a party at my best friends house. When we walked in my friends husband (the police captain) walked up and said, "Hi Ron! How the heck are you?" I said, "You know each other?" THe captain said, "Yes, Ron's one of my best sergeants!" I gave Ron THE LOOK. He said, "You told me not to tell you I was a cop.":drumroll:

We had a good run and he might have been THE ONE until I met THE COWBOY that changed my life and made sure I got the pony I'd been dreaming about since I was 6.

Good choice!

Okay....I stand corrected about cops and firemen,,,,

I think the 9-1-1 documentaries is where I got the idea all cops and firemen were sweeties

Good choice!

I think the 9-1-1 documentaries is where I got the idea all cops and firemen were sweeties

They were TOLD to act like sweeties to make the dept look good. I am almost sure of it.

JMHO

Good choice!

It always shocks me they aren't upstanding moral people but in my experience they have all been pretty cocky and selfish and total womenizers and drink a lot. The same goes for lawyers.

I guess I guess I got the good one :) My husband was LE for over 20 years and a volunteer firefighter as well. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father. He has been there for anyone in need. He doesn't drink, tells me I'm beautiful every day and works hard. I'm blessed. I have seen those you speak of but they're not all bad.

I guess I guess I got the good one :) My husband was LE for over 20 years and a volunteer firefighter as well. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father. He has been there for anyone in need. He doesn't drink, tells me I'm beautiful every day and works hard. I'm blessed. I have seen those you speak of but they're not all bad.

You are very lucky!

Good choice!

BBM: What about the golfers? :floorlaugh: That little white ball holds a mystique no woman on earth can compete with. Men will chase it in the driving rain and in the broiling sun. They will wear plaid knickers that they normally would never be seen in. They will spend their last dollar to get the latest putter on the market and they will leave you standing in the middle of the mall when a golf buddy texts that they need a 4th for a 2:00 tee off.

(No…these things didn't happen to me. They are things I witnessed by MY GOLF BUDDIES).:blushing:

That's awesome...I guess there are good and bad eggs in any group...

What a sweet hubby you've got!

Y'all need to look for golfers, firemen, and policemen....they all seem to be big relationship guys...

I'm being serious!

I admire them in the ER but....I am way too.scared to date one. A lot of abuse in relationships with police and other service workers. NOT all of them....but knowing my background I would find the wrong one. I have a huge fear of police especially. Now a golfer....I fear him putting me to sleep but maybe because I think watching vs playing is borning.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BBM: What about the golfers? :floorlaugh: That little white ball holds a mystique no woman on earth can compete with. Men will chase it in the driving rain and in the broiling sun. They will wear plaid knickers that they normally would never be seen in. They will spend their last dollar to get the latest putter on the market and they will leave you standing in the middle of the mall when a golf buddy texts that they need a 4th for a 2:00 tee off.

(No…these things didn't happen to me. They are things I witnessed by MY GOLF BUDDIES).:blushing:

I can't help thinking of Phil Mikelson! What a sweetheart!

Course there's always Tiger....:floorlaugh:

Tiger got help though and seems much better...I'm glad for that...

I still always root for Tiger...

Ive done the golf widow bit, and it's not that bad... well it does suck when your on a nice vacation...

That's it all men are bad! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: just kidding!

I enjoyed having free time to do what I wanted on trips, I just hated that he wouldn't let me drive the golf cart! ;)

I wouldn't mind golfers if they made as much Tiger Woods LOL

It is so true. I would be open minded enough to casually get to know one....maybe help get over my fear...but I would have a DSM with me to make comparisons if need be.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Sleuthyyyyy, oh Sleuthyyyyy...

Don't be askeered, we love men!

We need our funk and disco....

I can't help thinking of Phil Mikelson! What a sweetheart!

Course there's always Tiger....:floorlaugh:

Tiger got help though and seems much better...I'm glad for that...

I still always root for Tiger...

BBM: I root for Tiger, too. One of my sons (the very judgmental one) thinks I'm nuts for that. I said, "He didn't cheat on ME (He wouldn't have teeth if it had been me and I'm apparently much better with a 9 iron than Elin is. Who goes for the window?) and he's poetry in motion on the golf course." Except for the U.S. Open this year. :floorlaugh:

just got home from work and saw on the Maricopa County Superior Court site that the Prosecution filed an objection to the defense motion to continue.

all the talking heads are saying the judge will not allow a continuance til January. Let's hope.

I'm being serious!

I for one happen to agree with you. I don't know any pro golfers, but I happen to know a lot of cops and firemen. They are some of the finest people I know. Back in my 20's, I dated my fair share of cops as those were the guys I met through the ER. it takes a certain type of man (women too), to do the type of work they do. Is it conducive to perfect relationships? No. But neither is being married to a doctor. I think every profession draws certain types of people. I, for one, would never think twice about dating a cop or a fireman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23