SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww thanks so much sweets. I feel guilty even complaining. So minor compared to those who truly suffer.

Don't feel at all guilty! I personally feel complaining is good for the soul....I just call it venting...

Just because the person next to you has a broken leg doesn't mean it won't hurt when you hit your thumb with a hammer.

Plus having problems or pain at any level is a gift in that it deepens your sense of empathy

Don't feel at all guilty! I personally feel complaining is good for the soul....I just call it venting...

Just because the person next to you has a broken leg doesn't mean it won't hurt when you hit your thumb with a hammer.

Plus having problems or pain at any level is a gift in that it deepens your sense of empathy

So true. Hubby reminds me often it is one of my really big faults.

LOL My Parents must have missed the ad as I was allowed to use it. I remember one Xmas asking for some Joe Cocker albums. Yes i lived the vinyl era. My parents questioned the guy at the music store and concluded it was inappropriate :banghead:

:floorlaugh:
That reminded me of this! But I'd like to think Jack would be cool and would have loaded your parents up with lots of great records though...some joplin, hendrix, the who, maybe a little alice cooper... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyC0gcMD8O8

Oh man I am so sorry you suffer with this. Thanks but allergic to any of the Nsaids as well. I'm use to taking nothing. I have a new found respect for those suffering from back issues. I'm glad you find some relief. I'm just not a very patient patient LOL. I had some minor knee surgery end of last summer. Sunk me into a depression having to sit with an ice pack all summer when I wasn't at work. Chronic pain is wearing. I didn't take any pain meds after surgery cuz it felt so good to just have short term intermittent pain. Me sitting around not good. When it's a forced sit :facepalm:

Oh what a bummer. I spend the majority of my days in bed due to excruciating back pain. Fortunately, I am not allergic to NSAIDS as I live on them. Yesterday had to go the steroid route in addition to narcotics, muscle readers and back brace. It sucks. Chronic pain is extremely wearing and depressing. I was so used to being active before my injury. Thankfully, I have you all to talk to. It is very isolating and your friends eventually stop calling. On the bright side, I am a tv guide and a reality tv aficionado and a professional dog talker. My German Shepherds are the reason I get out of bed!

They have every right and I'd probably do same. We could watch what we wanted, take breaks, eat, etc. they sat there day after day, month after month, confined to a chair for Justice. Probably wanted JA to know, it wasn't us the penalty part ended in a mistrial. They probably also have compassion for the TA family to be subjected to not having closure and, want/need to show they support them. Their civic duty was over, as why they weren't sitting in the Juror chairs. They couldn't talk in court, have nothing to hide, so breakfast/lunch/dinner whatever they wanted to do was a great idea. If anyone had questions the needed an answer, they were able to do so, face-to-face, not some lousy hearsay information. They needed this and I thank them for the job they did, heck I'd buy them all breakfast.
Everyone has an opinion, and we don't have Quakers to grade us, so all is good.

Jacalyn,

No tomatoes from me as you are entitled to you opinion, but the judge released them and said they could talk to anyone. This is a free country and we still have the right to free speech. If the foreman can go on every news show imaginable and say he couldn't sentence her to death "just because she was stupid", then why can't an intelligent juror with an opposing view show up in court and support Travis? Here is what you missed: this isn't about CMJA. This is all about justice for Travis.

WAIT! Jaclyn didn't make the "no tomatoes" comment, it was me. :blushing: She quoted my post wrong. These were my words, not hers. Just clearing that up. Poor thing. :facepalm:

I understand the jurors have every right to go wherever they want, including court and breakfast. Maybe it is part of their healing process. I didn't think about that when I made my post, but it's something to ponder. I can't imagine being in their shoes. Nor would I want to be. I have nothing but respect for the job they did!! They gave the killer a guilty verdict! Sometimes, I just wish everyone would stop going on HLN, let this fade, so the potential new jurors don't have the opportunity to see this every night. JMO and still, please no tomatoes. :scared:

I have a complaint I'm finally doing something about (after ten years of whining to friends and family).

I have had a very nasty boss for almost ten years. Jeckle and Hyde, good performance reviews and some raises and bonuses, but very rude (to everyone, not just her staff)

She likes to call me in her office and badmouth other managers. I just try and politely nod, but she gets mad if you defend the person. A couple weeks ago I'm just nodding and listening, hadn't said a word, and she goes, "and don't make excuses for him because he's sick!"

I said what? Because I had totally forgotten that manager has MS.

She called me a Pollyanna once..."oh Marla, you're such a Pollyanna."

I guarantee you she did not mean it as a compliment.

At a meeting once a lawyer asked me to e-mail her an organizational chart I had created for a group project, and in the car on the way back to our building my boss (who hates this lawyer), says "don't send her that chart....we're not doing her work for her!"

How's that for complaining! :floorlaugh:

Oh, I could go on and on and on....I stayed for a long time because the job itself really suits me, I get along great with my coworkers, and she does give me good performance reviews.

Anyhow, this week I e-mailed another manager who is really nice and told her I would love to work with her team and planned to apply the next time she had an opening. (I would be writing the documents I now edit.)

But I tell you what, anytime I meet someone with a nasty boss, I am all ears and genuinely feel for them because I really have been here.

Oh, and I'm not a "Pollyanna." I'm just a nice, normal person.

Oh what a bummer. I spend the majority of my days in bed due to excruciating back pain. Fortunately, I am not allergic to NSAIDS as I live on them. Yesterday had to go the steroid route in addition to narcotics, muscle readers and back brace. It sucks. Chronic pain is extremely wearing and depressing. I was so used to being active before my injury. Thankfully, I have you all to talk to. It is very isolating and your friends eventually stop calling. On the bright side, I am a tv guide and a reality tv aficionado and a professional dog talker. My German Shepherds are the reason I get out of bed!

My officemate has scleroderma and gets really depressed because of constant physical discomfort. She says the same thing about her kitties that you do about your doggies!

Websleuths really is such a great community...you're right. Lots of good listeners here.

WAIT! Jaclyn didn't make the "no tomatoes" comment, it was me. :blushing: She quoted my post wrong. These were my words, not hers. Just clearing that up. Poor thing. :facepalm:

I understand the jurors have every right to go wherever they want, including court and breakfast. Maybe it is part of their healing process. I didn't think about that when I made my post, but it's something to ponder. I can't imagine being in their shoes. Nor would I want to be. I have nothing but respect for the job they did!! They gave the killer a guilty verdict! Sometimes, I just wish everyone would stop going on HLN, let this fade, so the potential new jurors don't have the opportunity to see this every night. JMO and still, please no tomatoes. :scared:

No tomatoes from me! I happen to agree in part with what you posted before and above. Perhaps these particular jurors have made a commitment to see it through to the end. They invested a lot of their time and lived and breathed this just like we did for the past 5 months. That being said, they had to know their presence would cause a stir.

I have been thinking about what Michael Kiefer referred to as the trial groupies. :truce: KCL, Katie Wick and Joilynn have been dedicated from the onset of this trial and have been very supportive of the Alexander Family, each in their own way. I wonder sometimes, what the others' motivations are. Is it a social thing?

Many of you have made excellent points about those that have sought media attention and those that have not. I could use some help wrapping my head around some of this. TIA :seeya:

I have a complaint I'm finally doing something about (after ten years of whining to friends and family).

I have had a very nasty boss for almost ten years. Jeckle and Hyde, good performance reviews and some raises and bonuses, but very rude (to everyone, not just her staff)

She likes to call me in her office and badmouth other managers. I just try and politely nod, but she gets mad if you defend the person. A couple weeks ago I'm just nodding and listening, hadn't said a word, and she goes, "and don't make excuses for him because he's sick!"

I said what? Because I had totally forgotten that manager has MS.

She called me a Pollyanna once..."oh Marla, you're such a Pollyanna."

I guarantee you she did not mean it as a compliment.

At a meeting once a lawyer asked me to e-mail her an organizational chart I had created for a group project, and in the car on the way back to our building my boss (who hates this lawyer), says "don't send her that chart....we're not doing her work for her!"

How's that for complaining! :floorlaugh:

Oh, I could go on and on and on....I stayed for a long time because the job itself really suits me, I get along great with my coworkers, and she does give me good performance reviews.

Anyhow, this week I e-mailed another manager who is really nice and told her I would love to work with her team and planned to apply the next time she had an opening. (I would be writing the documents I now edit.)

But I tell you what, anytime I meet someone with a nasty boss, I am all ears and genuinely feel for them because I really have been here.

Oh, and I'm not a "Pollyanna." I'm just a nice, normal person.

I think being a Pollyanna is a nice thing! I have zero patience with passive aggressive people as they are tough to deal with. Sounds like you handle her perfectly. Hope you get the transfer and the job you want. You deserve it!

I think being a Pollyanna is a nice thing! I have zero patience with passive aggressive people as they are tough to deal with. Sounds like you handle her perfectly. Hope you get the transfer and the job you want. You deserve it!

Thank you Zuri! I hope so too...you're right of course about being Pollyanna is a good thing....but coming from my boss it was a major insult.

There isn't anything more important than being nice to others.

It's the most important thing. I feel bad for her sometimes, nobody likes her.

I was quite pleased to see the stripes the chains the no neck no sense of humor guards.
Finally she is being appropriately treated. Its about time. Inmate seemed to be content with her
field trip. I am thrilled her "friend" was expelled. What is a girl to do? One more thing not going her way. She goes back to her hot cell i am on the couch having a coke float.

BBM. I agree but for the media in general. I think some are enjoying the media spotlight quite a bit, especially the alternates who weren't involved in the deliberations. I could understand why the alternates spoke out at the time after the trial had ended because they didn't have a chance to talk about the trial with anyone. I know they have every right to speak to whoever they want in the media but that doesn't mean they need to keep doing so.

I can understand why they attended court though, esp the ones who deliberated.

I can only hope the media talk does settle down to give the good people of Mesa a chance to get the trial out of their heads to help the next jury selection.

I was quite pleased to see the stripes the chains the no neck no sense of humor guards.
Finally she is being appropriately treated. Its about time. Inmate seemed to be content with her
field trip. I am thrilled her "friend" was expelled. What is a girl to do? One more thing not going her way. She goes back to her hot cell i am on the couch having a coke float.

Coke float? I'll be right over! :floorlaugh:

Only make mine a Big Red float....

So sorry you are suffering. My heart goes out to you and all the others. It's great you have such a bright spirit!!!! Your awesome. Do you watch any of the Housewives? I watch them all. Drama I can laugh at/with. For the most part. Yeah I have to learn. Typically the hard way. I suffered for months with my knee before I would even acknowledge it and go to my Doc. Had to wait another 6 weeks to see the Surgeon but I was in surgery about 8 days later. I have to learn to address issues in a timely fashion and not let it go so long. It wore me down into a funk that took me several months to get out of. Doc offered me some anti depressants but felt I could weather on my own. Did so but it gave me some insight into Depression so many suffer from as well. I'm a work in progress :floorlaugh: I tell Hubby if he can figure me out he will win the Nobel Peace Prize:facepalm:

:floorlaugh:
That reminded me of this! But I'd like to think Jack would be cool and would have loaded your parents up with lots of great records though...some joplin, hendrix, the who, maybe a little alice cooper... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyC0gcMD8O8

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: My Parents loved the Brat Pack Crooners. I was strictly Rock and Roll. My Parents were so grateful we lived the headphone era :floorlaugh:

I cant imagine what it was like for the Jurors. I know how I felt some days yet I could feel free to discuss here. I can certainly understand how some may need to decompress and see it thru. It is my observation from the female Jurors who have been interviewed they are all about heart. Last Trial I attended I did feel a bit uneasy that I would be considered a gawker. Trust me there were groupies. At break they would immediately line up and send a friend for food/coffee. They would scan you up and down and give you strange looks if you happened to get ahead of one of them. They stand out that's for sure. I felt so much better upon first day I attended. Grandmother of the 8 year old murder and rape Victim came over and handed us purple ribbons. She smiled warmly and I just wanted to hug her and cry. We exchanged a few words then Court began. Even got to chat with the Defense Attorney who I really liked. I could have listened to him all day. I kid you not. It was a fair and just Trial. It was not about winning.

Thanks for that link ^ Good lord she stopped short of licking her lips :floorlaugh: Guess that's just about the caliber of folk she can attract now :floorlaugh: Speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie