SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molly is a pretty name. Shame on the people that gave you grief.

I kind of like East West. Ha!!

Tonight I have to go to a visitation for a teenage boy. It is going to be very hard. I hope I can find a dress to squeeze into. Do I have to wear pantyhose? My legs are shocking white.

A teen-age boy? So sad....

Living in Texas, the only time I wear hose is to a wedding or funeral or visitation.

A teen-age boy? So sad....

Living in Texas, the only time I wear hose is to a wedding or funeral or visitation.

I almost never ever wear them. Just can't stand them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Sulamith,

Let me tell you what I think about Kiefer's tweet, as it was directed at me and my friends.

He has minimized the "trial watchers" to categories of "prosecution groupies" and "day gawkers" exclusively. Apparently he doesn't think anyone else comes to watch a trial for other motivations.

http://muckrack.com/michaelbkiefer/statuses/314067886908010496

He's been slinging this insulting crap since March.

Back when I was speaking to him, before he went off the rails with insults directed at me personally, I confronted him on this. I reminded him that some of us were there to support the family. He shrugged obviously this being meaningless to him.

You see by then he was already sharing with me and anyone who would listen that he thought Travis' family deserved the pain they were in because they refused to accept a second degree plea with the prosecution. He called Travis "disgusting" and a "pig" to my face. He spewed so much vitriol toward Martinez I tuned it out. He called Jennifer Willmott "cute". I'm not even saying some of the worst things he said. The profanity could get me timed out.

He held disdain for anyone supporting this trial, reporting totally false "facts" all pointed toward demeaning Martinez and the family while aggrandizing and portraying defense witnesses as victims. He published leaked info and sneakily redacted it online. Many other journalists I spoke to held and hold the same impressions I have.

So when he tweets that no family is in court (false) and refers to us who've been in contact with the family who asked us to sit on the front row for them, diminishing us to "groupies" I'm gonna call him out on it.

Note he didnt tweet about Jodi's mom being there on the second to last row with a weirdo who got ejected from court, twice. He wasn't referred to at all much less as a "murderer groupie".

He intends to insult and he does. And now we're calling him out on it. He's taken it too far for too long.

I prefer my trial reporters, not editorialists but reporters, served without bias. That's what he's getting paid for.

Just in case you were wondering.

PS none of you or other non registered readers in the hundreds would have been privy to my trial observations had I not taken time out of my busy life to attend the trial and come home exhausted and post my notes. I don't know how that would get minimized to some marginal label but it has been part of my role since day one. I've endured all kinds of insults for my participation, here and elsewhere , including from you which have gotten deleted. When you are putting your heart and soul in to something only to be marginalized for it by strangers or in the case of Kiefer someone I'd called a friend for years, you can hit a limit. Guess my response to his tweet, and this response here, represent mine.

Sulamith,

Let me tell you what I think about Kiefer's tweet, as it was directed at me and my friends.

He has minimized the "trial watchers" to categories of "prosecution groupies" and "day gawkers" exclusively. Apparently he doesn't think anyone else comes to watch a trial for other motivations.

Back when I was speaking to him, before he went off the rails with insults directed at me personally, I confronted him on this. I reminded him that some of us were there to support the family. He shrugged obviously this being meaningless to him.

You see by then he was already sharing with me and anyone who would listen that he thought Travis' family deserved the pain they were in because they refused to accept a second degree plea with the prosecution. He called Travis "disgusting" and a "pig" to my face. He spewed so much vitriol toward Martinez I tuned it out. He called Jennifer Willmott "cute". I'm not even saying some of the worst things he said. The profanity could get me timed out.

He held disdain for anyone supporting this trial, reporting totally false "facts" all pointed toward demeaning Martinez and the family while aggrandizing and portraying defense witnesses as victims. He published leaked info and sneakily redacted it online. Many other journalists I spoke to held and hold the same impressions I have.

So when he tweets that no family is in court (false) and refers to us who've been in contact with the family who asked us to sit on the front row for them, diminishing us to "groupies" I'm gonna call him out on it.

Note he didnt tweet about Jodi's mom being there on the second to last row with a weirdo who got ejected from court, twice. He wasn't referred to at all much less as a "murderer groupie".

He intends to insult and he does. And now we're calling him out on it. He's taken it too far for too long.

I prefer my trial reporters, not editorialists but reporters, served without bias. That's what he's getting paid for.

PS none of you or other non registered readers in the hundreds would have been privy to my trial observations had I not taken time out of my busy life to attend the trial and come home exhausted and post my notes. I don't know how that would get minimized to some marginal label but it has been part of my role since day one. I've endured all kinds of insults for my participation, here and elsewhere , including from you which have gotten deleted. When you are putting your heart and soul in to something only to be marginalized for it by strangers or in the case of Kiefer someone I'd called a friend for years, you can hit a limit. Guess my response to his tweet, and this response here, represent mine.

I know that so many of us here really appreciate what you do and we know you share a tragic kinship with the Alexanders because your precious sister was murdered. Who better to support them in court if not you?

Your reports are invaluable to us.

Kiefer is just wrong and mean and that's all there is to it.

Who's going to be watching the Lifetime movie tonight? I know I'll probably be disgusted by how inaccurate it will likely be, but curiosity will get the better of me. Now I just have to talk my DH into watching it with me. He's had enough of JA to last him a lifetime of Lifetimes. :floorlaugh:

No plans to watch but who knows...OMG The Tot Mom movie just stsrted on Lifetime. I couldn't bear to watch at the time.

O/t but my spanx slip is so so tight. No wonder I never dress up anymore. I can barely breathe.

Sulamith,

PS none of you or other non registered readers in the hundreds would have been privy to my trial observations had I not taken time out of my busy life to attend the trial and come home exhausted and post my notes. I don't know how that would get minimized to some marginal label but it has been part of my role since day one. I've endured all kinds of insults for my participation, here and elsewhere, including from you which have gotten deleted. When you are putting your heart and soul in to something only to be marginalized for it by strangers or in the case of Kiefer someone I'd called a friend for years, you can hit a limit. Guess my response to his tweet, and this response here, represent mine.

Oh katie, how awful. What is wrong with that man? It seems to me he's just one of those bitter angry people who takes pleasure in being ugly to others. Fancies himself a "voice for the underdog". What a jerk!! If he is so "tired" then he should find himself a different job. One that might better suit his nasty biased opinions.

BBM - if anyone has been bashing you here on this forum I haven't seen it. From what I've seen (myself included) you are held in very high regard with the WS community. And rightly so. You have put your personal life on hold in order to support the victim's family, and not many would make that kind of sacrifice. We love you doll! You're a beautiful person.

Checking in, have the next few days by my self!!!!!! YAY!!!!
Gonna watch the LMN movie, but I can tell you right now, from the clips I've seen today, their actress playing CMJA isn't ugly or manly enough.
Seriously, when I started watching the trial and caught a good look at CMJA/aka #2013, first thing that hit me was she's got big a$$ hands and a square chin........"he/she". Not trying to offend anyone, my best shopping and bar hopping buds were trannies when I lived down in Scottsdale.
Soooo.......1st complaint abut LMN's movie, w/o seeing anything but the trailers: They needed to cast a boy in a dress to play CMJA, say like John Leguizamo, aka Chi Chi Rodriguez in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar". Yep, I think LMN missed a great opportunity there. John could have dug up Chi Chi, lost a few pounds, and, girl, he can work those high heels, *snap*, maybe he'd even add a bit of "class" to that tired a$$ murderer. :floorlaugh:

For s***s and grins, I'm gonna watch, or should I say, "critique" this "thing", oops, there's my 2nd complaint, they should have called it "...., Dirty Lying Social Climbing Ho".:facepalm:
Comes on at 5:00 Az time, I will have my legal pad and pen, (barf bag, etc.) and give my movie review to all those who can't stomach it. Because I didn't watch HLN, Ms.Grace, JVM, Dr.Drew, or any of the other social commentary on the trial, JUST THE TRIAL, I think I should be pretty "un-biased".

3rd complaint....the actor, David Zayas, playing Flores should have shaved his mustache, I know he was still filming the "Dexter" series, but come on! He could have just used a glue on!!! I know Dexter is supposed to be filming it's last and final season, but seriously, dude, what's with the 'stache?:banghead:

4th, because of the trailers..........Is this actor playing Juan even HISPANIC?!?!:stormingmad:
I don't think I'm going to like his portrayal, but......trying to stay unbiased. Wonder if he'll say "Bobby Juarez" with that cool Spanish accent?:blushing:

I guess I've got my list started.......hmmmm.......we shall see.:moo:

Please, Mods, I carefully censored myself, just trying to be objective!:floorlaugh:

WAIT! Jaclyn didn't make the "no tomatoes" comment, it was me. :blushing: She quoted my post wrong. These were my words, not hers. Just clearing that up. Poor thing. :facepalm:

I understand the jurors have every right to go wherever they want, including court and breakfast. Maybe it is part of their healing process. I didn't think about that when I made my post, but it's something to ponder. I can't imagine being in their shoes. Nor would I want to be. I have nothing but respect for the job they did!! They gave the killer a guilty verdict! Sometimes, I just wish everyone would stop going on HLN, let this fade, so the potential new jurors don't have the opportunity to see this every night. JMO and still, please no tomatoes. :scared:
I believe that people come into our lives for different reasons. I am also thankful that the jurors decided on M1 and extreme cruelty. I wonder though, what these people may mean to each other in the future. The connections people have made during this trial may help them in ways will will never know - maybe just by being good friends to each other. It's ironic isn't it, since that's something the CM never was to anyone - a good friend?

Oh katie, how awful. What is wrong with that man? It seems to me he's just one of those bitter angry people who takes pleasure in being ugly to others. Fancies himself a "voice for the underdog". What a jerk!! If he is so "tired" then he should find himself a different job. One that might better suit his nasty biased opinions.

BBM - if anyone has been bashing you here on this forum I haven't seen it. From what I've seen (myself included) you are held in very high regard with the WS community. And rightly so. You have put your personal life on hold in order to support the victim's family, and not many would make that kind of sacrifice. We love you doll! You're a beautiful person.

Thank you Princess! You've missed things thanks to our snappy moderation system here. ;). I've missed a lot too but have had a now banned poster harassing me off the forum. Thankfully most venues have block features and/or spam labeling. As they say "no good deed goes unpunished" but honestly my involvement in this case was as much about giving my tragedy some purpose as anything. Travis Aunt Heather and I had a long talk Thurs over dinner about that very topic. Everyone has opinions. Yet when walking through personal tragedy you value those most who truly have been there.

People like you make it all worth it...you too marlap. But sometimes ya just gotta stand up to the bullies..as PAsa says "don't mistake my kindness for weakness". Her father passed away by the way..last weekend. :(

This "Night Owl" stuff has to end for me though - I stay up so dam late talking to you crazy people, I find myself wanting to sleep too late...:facepalm:

I am a born night owl. I have always been this way, even as a child. my own child is the same. As a kid, he stayed up till 2 am with me and his gram (my MIL) who was also the same way. Even when i was pregnant with him, he slept all day and kicked all night.

Sulamith,

KCL..........you have more patience than me cause I would have told them all to "kiss my a$$".
I don't have enough words or space to write about how I feel about what you do, say, support, comfort, inform, etc., etc. People that do what YOU do, are few and far between, a true treasure, and voice for so many of us who have endured horrific events and their challenges.
You ROCK!:rockon:

Thank you Princess! You've missed things thanks to our snappy moderation system here. ;). I've missed a lot too but have had a now banned poster harassing me off the forum. Thankfully most venues have block features and/or spam labeling. As they say "no good deed goes unpunished" but honestly my involvement in this case was as much about giving my tragedy some purpose as anything. Travis Aunt Heather and I had a long talk Thurs over dinner about that very topic. Everyone has opinions. Yet when walking through personal tragedy you value those most who truly have been there.

People like you make it all worth it...you too marlap. But sometimes ya just gotta stand up to the bullies..as PAsa says "don't mistake my kindness for weakness". Her father passed away by the way..last weekend. :(

First, so sorry to hear about PAsa's father.

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness"...I love that.

I think sometimes that nicer people like you really are the strongest because they allow themselves to be the most vulnerable, which is not very easy in is sometimes hard world.

I can't believe that banned person is bothering you. That's awful! Online is a form of anonymity, which brings out the worst in the worst and the best in the best.

You are one of the best. You just keep swinging!

ETA. Oh, yeah...in that move Searching for Bobby Fischer about the child chess prodigy, the mom says to the dad...."he's not weak, he's DECENT." Kind of like what you were saying

Checking in, have the next few days by my self!!!!!! YAY!!!!
Gonna watch the LMN movie, but I can tell you right now, from the clips I've seen today, their actress playing CMJA isn't ugly or manly enough.
Seriously, when I started watching the trial and caught a good look at CMJA/aka #2013, first thing that hit me was she's got big a$$ hands and a square chin........"he/she". Not trying to offend anyone, my best shopping and bar hopping buds were trannies when I lived down in Scottsdale.
Soooo.......1st complaint abut LMN's movie, w/o seeing anything but the trailers: They needed to cast a boy in a dress to play CMJA, say like John Leguizamo, aka Chi Chi Rodriguez in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar". Yep, I think LMN missed a great opportunity there. John could have dug up Chi Chi, lost a few pounds, and, girl, he can work those high heels, *snap*, maybe he'd even add a bit of "class" to that tired a$$ murderer. :floorlaugh:

For s***s and grins, I'm gonna watch, or should I say, "critique" this "thing", oops, there's my 2nd complaint, they should have called it "...., Dirty Lying Social Climbing Ho".:facepalm:
Comes on at 5:00 Az time, I will have my legal pad and pen, (barf bag, etc.) and give my movie review to all those who can't stomach it. Because I didn't watch HLN, Ms.Grace, JVM, Dr.Drew, or any of the other social commentary on the trial, JUST THE TRIAL, I think I should be pretty "un-biased".

3rd complaint....the actor, David Zayas, playing Flores should have shaved his mustache, I know he was still filming the "Dexter" series, but come on! He could have just used a glue on!!! I know Dexter is supposed to be filming it's last and final season, but seriously, dude, what's with the 'stache?:banghead:

4th, because of the trailers..........Is this actor playing Juan even HISPANIC?!?!:stormingmad:
I don't think I'm going to like his portrayal, but......trying to stay unbiased. Wonder if he'll say "Bobby Juarez" with that cool Spanish accent?:blushing:

I guess I've got my list started.......hmmmm.......we shall see.:moo:

Please, Mods, I carefully censored myself, just trying to be objective!:floorlaugh:

Can't wait to read your review Bernina!

So sorry to hear about Pasa's father :(. Please pass along my heartfelt condolences. I lost my mom to cancer five years ago and I still cry. It doesn't matter what age you are it is hard to lose a parent. :hug: to Pasa.

I'm feeling so old today! My youngest son (16) started his first summer job today. My husband's company hired him on for the summer doing construction work. I'm proud of him, but I'm also thinking this will keep him in school when he realizes what hard physical labor is about. :floorlaugh: He wants to be a computer programmer, so that is what his High School major is.

Tonight I'm making his favorite meal. Breaded pork chops, fried potatoes with onions, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I have a feeling he's going to come home really tired and HUNGRY. ;)

Sweetest KCL, I appreciate you being a voice for so many of us who have not had the opportunity, or are just unable.

Pasa and I have not "officially" met, but I have tried to follow the events she has been through. Please pass my condolences to her if you get the chance (even a generic "from many at WS" will do). It is never easy to lose someone you love.

I'm feeling so old today! My youngest son (16) started his first summer job today. My husband's company hired him on for the summer doing construction work. I'm proud of him, but I'm also thinking this will keep him in school when he realizes what hard physical labor is about. :floorlaugh: He wants to be a computer programmer, so that is what his High School major is.

Tonight I'm making his favorite meal. Breaded pork chops, fried potatoes with onions, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I have a feeling he's going to come home really tired and HUNGRY. ;)

What a good mom you are Princess!

Also, I'm really sorry you lost your mom. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members