GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJ are sealed so I'm not sure what more we will learn other than charges
Come on of course she worked on her hair bc everything is about her in her world

GJ are sealed so I'm not sure what more we will learn other than charges
Come on of course she worked on her hair bc everything is about her in her world

I know! I meant, hopefully more info related to Elaina's whereabouts will come out. Meaning, hopefully AS will give more info.

I just hope there is enough evidence for GJ to indict on Felony Child Endangerment charges. What proof does LE have, other than AS's statements, and/or witness statements regarding what AS told them?

Here's latest. Her case is bound over to the grand jury. The evidence is brought before the grand jury, which I sat on a few months ago, if the grand jury believes the evidence presented fits the legal guidlines given to them by the prosecutor they will hand down the indictment.
The grand jury in Lucas County does not hear from any witnesses, only from the prosecutor who explains what the ORC (ohio revised code) says and from any detective involved in the case or LE.
For instance if the prosecutor says that child endangering means a,b,c in the ORC and the detective says we found a,b,c then the grand jury votes to indict. If the detective says we found a,d,f the the grand jury would have to vote for no idictment.
This one most likely will be put in front of the grand jury today and an announcement may come as early as Noon. We never sat longer than Noon any day that I served.
I just spoke with a local attorney. This is normal procedure. If for some reason the Grand Jury does not hand down an indictment later today, she would be released. If they hand down the indictment she would be held on whatever those charges are.

Angela looks like she's gotten used to being in jail already. No tears in that photo! I hope that the proceedings from this morning are posted later today.

Angel 1 Rescue (A1R) from Sylvania on site ready to roll! . J4N Search teams headed for water areas.

I just hope there is enough evidence for GJ to indict on Felony Child Endangerment charges. What proof does LE have, other than AS's statements, and/or witness statements regarding what AS told them?

In the police report, it's stated several times that she admitted it. I would think that would be more than enough "evidence".

I can't find if we know a few things I would like to get straight and figured out mostly about the timeline prior to whatever lead up to/happened after AS and the kids got picked up by SK.

From when TJ and AS moved out of a mutual household in March until Monday May 27 AS had the kids and lived at JK house with SK who was her bf. Then she got kicked out of JK's for AS mistreating her kids or if you believe AS because of SK mistreating them. I am also seeing things (cousin Ginger)that say she would play games with TJ seeing the kids then and keeping them from him. Is this much right so far?

On May 27 AS had no where to go with the kids because she was staying at her bio mothers and there was no room there for them there but both RS MS and Frank all say she/they could stay with them or was that a one night thing on Sat June 1 but so AS could smoke and she was wanting to try to get JK to allow them back so she could be with SK. Am I still right or is there anymore that I am missing? Do we know if RS, MS and Franks were one night or open ended?

We also have learned from both RS, MS, TJ, Frank and others that she agreed she would not take the kids to the Kings house to all of them. So every source Her family, TJs family, friends and even JK all did not want the kids at the house but AS somehow got it to happen the evening of June 1. Am I still on the right page?

When and where did TJ turn the kids over to AS because he and his GF who live together in the household the kids were recently living at had to both work 3rd shift. I am wondering because we know from the tapes from Franks that she had them at 630 pm but how long had they been with her until then? Also AS called JK between 630 and 7 about staying there as the kids were wet and cold yet I don't see Elaina wet and cold in that video. The ground appears dry and the other woman has on shorts and no one looked cold. So that was bs right there. I am just thinking along the lines that TJ gave them to AS not long before the tape or even that was where drop off was as RS and TJ have bad blood and restraining orders so I am thinking it happened at Franks.

Please correct me or let me know if this info is anywhere I am trying to work events up in my head to get a clear idea of times. Thanks.

I agree 100%. I understand the desire to "explain" her actions with these labels but there has been nothing to suggest that Angela is mentally ill, drug addicted (only marijuana use has been confirmed) or even intellectually challenged. I'm not going to try to excuse or justify her behavior when it is quite possible that she is just a horrible parent and human being. She is no different than countless other young, self absorbed mothers except she took putting herself first to a tragic extreme.

I agree that while we would like to "explain" her abhorrent behavior, it may just be she is a horrible, self-centered person.
I do not agree that age is a factor. While she is "young" compared to my age now, compare her to most 26 yr olds you know.
My two oldest are over that age, but at that age they both were responsible adults with careers.
At her age I had two children, aged eight and six, was living in our second home, and was in the process of adopting our third child who was the son of my drug/alcohol addicted sibling. My husband and I were respectable, productive, caring parts of society.
At her age, Angela made choices that led her to the life she was living and the people she surrounded her children with. It is a shame, but she was old enough to understand the decisions she made, and she chose to put her children at risk for her own selfish desires.
ETA: I grew up in a VERY dysfunctional home with abuse and a violent in-and-out alcoholic step-father. So while childhood can affect choices, we can ALWAYS choose to go against what we grew up with.
IMO.

About this Maumee river. Does it go down to Indiana? Would a tiny one travel down that far? I wonder if weights were used? Are there any dive teams also or just boats. Praying hard for a
miracle. But I cant get my hopes up. This sounds like to many other cases. Hauley, Gabriel,Haily,Lisa.

About this Maumee river. Does it go down to Indiana? Would a tiny one travel down that far? I wonder if weights were used? Are there any dive teams also or just boats. Praying hard for a
miracle. But I cant get my hopes up. This sounds like to many other cases. Hauley, Gabriel,Haily,Lisa.

:please: not a baby Lisa ! Elaina has to be found !

In the police report, it's stated several times that she admitted it. I would think that would be more than enough "evidence".
<mod snip> She admitted that SK injured Elaina, and obviously she didn't get the baby help. So, if that's enough "evidence" for GJ to find her guilty, then SK should be arrested, and turned over to GJ as well, because after all, AS says he is the one who hurt Elaina.

Along with everyone, the statement AS made about just wanting baby Elaina back in one piece is quite disturbing. Why didn't she just say she wanted Elaina found, why add that strange and out of place "in one piece" to her statement? Is there a reason AS would think baby Elaina would not be found in one piece? I hate thinking about what AS possibly meant by saying that.

If AS and SK threw baby Elaina in that river, wouldn't the remains come to the surface and/or wash ashore after this much time? Or if the remains are caught on something, wouldn't the river searches have found something? I'm asking these questions that I hate asking because I'm not fully convinced that AS and SK threw baby Elaina in the river, though they very well could have.

Praying baby Elaina is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member