George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don West tried to convince Jane S. that it was after the event, not during it, when she decided the voice crying for help was a boy's voice. She immediately corrected him by making it crystal clear that during the confrontation she K N E W the voice crying for Help was that of a boy, and not the harsh, agressive voice she heard from George Zimmerman.

When have you heard a harsh aggressive voice from GZ?

This is what I believe, he used his weapon as a last resort when nobody would come out and help him.

exactly, he could have just killed him the first time he saw him (when he was sitting in his truck).

Some of us believe (based on his 911 call) that it is possible he was planning to do exactly that -- but Trayvon ran.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I disagree that GZ had a legal right to follow TM for no reason, it's harrassment and stalking. I agree that all GZ had to do was identify himself as NW and ask him where he was headed.

George was in his own residential area, he lived at the complex. TM did not and was just a guest.

George was not stalking in any way, shape or form.

JMO

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I disagree that GZ had a legal right to follow TM for no reason, it's harrassment and stalking. I agree that all GZ had to do was identify himself as NW and ask him where he was headed.

Prosecution isn't going down the road of stalking, he wasn't charged with stalking or harrassment so why is it relevant now?

If that is a serious question:
1. - he could have been one of the AA teens that had robbed GZ's neighbors
2. - he could be waiting for one of his "friends" to give him jewelry (if you haven't heard about this google TM & stolen jewelry).

Those are just 2 possibilities - JMO

3. He was a kid just walking home from 7/11

and this "kid" was just standing in the pouring rain, not looking like he was in any hurry to get back to the place where he was a guest at.

JMO

Someone please check the age of the child that was left at home and post a link. I believe it was reported he was 7.. JMO

If there were 3 shots fired in succession they would be heard on the 911 call where we can hear one. I don't think the witness is very credible. JMO

She seems very accurate as to each detail and what she actually said was she heard " three pops" in rapid succession and that " she did not know if that noise was shots or not as she doesn't know what a shot sounds like. "

There is probably someone else who heard those pops that fatal night and we will likely hear more about it later during the trial. I'm sure there is an explanation of some sort.

She said tree pops, not three shots...so it's open to interpretation....maybe something was coming from the cell phone on the ground. What is important is that she is positive about the voice and who cried for help.

George was in his own residential area, he lived at the complex. TM did not and was just a guest.

George was not stalking in any way, shape or form.

JMO

Someone following you and watching you from a distance to see what you're doing and where you're going is most certainly stalking. What else do you call it? Casual observation? He was determined not to let him out of his sight.

Why would George have to say he was on NW..... he was not on NW that night or any night.

Because that was the ONLY reasonable and reassuring reason he might have had for following this kid around in the dark.

I gotta say, this is a bad witness and I have stopped listening to her.

Are all the states witnesses going to be like this? Because they are not helping the state at all.

It is neither, under Florida law.

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.​
[...]
(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree​

There is an element of malice, an element of repetitiveness, and the statute requires there be "no legitimate purpose".

One act does not constitute repetition. There was no evident malice. There was a legitimate purpose - obtaining the location of Martin for police, as it appears he believed the operator was asking.

Even if one can hypothetically show malice because of calm utterances of certain profane statements, the other two elements do not fit.

This is the second witness that said something for the first time in court and said they were never asked before.

corun, are you maybe confusing what GZ said happened after he shot TM with what he says happened before the shot?

I read someone say that the statement in question is after the shot already happened.

I don't believe that. He is not talking about a dead person. You don't need anyone to help you detain a dead person.

I guess my point is, that statement makes ZERO SENSE! And of course, we know it's not true since TM's hands were NOT found outstretched.

So saying that this witness saw the bigger person on top...and GZ was in fact the bigger person...actually fits with what GZ was saying in that statement.

She said she looked out after the shot and saw the bigger person stand up.

But really...again back to my point...that whole thing from GZ made no sense to me, and doesn't fit.

Which is what lead me to believe he is not telling the whole story. Which leads me to believe he is hiding something. Which leads me to believe he knows he did something wrong.

Which leads me to the fact that this was not self defense.

If you are posting has your opinion please state JMO..or IMO

If you are stating a fact back it up with a link. To much confusion going on. Plus I have asked for this to happen already.. TIA

And yet he did not go home. He could have kept walking and been home. If he really was afraid he could have run home and that would have been that.

I think that it shows that he was as curious about GZ as GZ was about him and instead of running home, He waited and hid somewhere for him. It was pitch dark. He could have hid and never come out and GZ would not have found him. I think that so far where they are shows that he came out at GZ from somewhere.

Great point by Schaeffer, this witness based who was on top and bottom based on what she saw in the news, the same pictures initially where the news showed a bigger GZ and a very young TM.

Jayne Surdyka heard three shots so I wonder what else George Zimmerman is hiding? Perhaps GZ shot at him three times and only managed to hit him once or two of the shots were " warning shots?"

DT stated in their OS that all bullets were accounted for at the scene and there was only one shot fired. They havent proved that yet, but I would assume that one would not make that statement and it turn out to be false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member