AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? There is an entirely different yet perfectly plausible scenario that we haven't considered:

She decided against the cab for some reason or another (tired?), walked back to her apartment, and something happened there. Or - she walked back, left with someone who was either there or came and picked her up, and something happened.

This actually makes sense, in that her keys and wallet were at the apartment. It also gave someone a heck of a long time to 'handle the situation' and then come up with a storyline.

Just sayin'

I'm beginning to think one of the above scenarios is way more likely than something more sinister. Hopefully LE will catch a break soon and this beautfiul girl will come home. I pray she'll be found safe but considering the length of time she's been missing already I think it's unfortunately unlikely.

Hmm. I heard that on the video too. Also seems like the tires were flat right after the accident. I'm surprised about that - especially that she (or someone else) was able to drive it as far as she did and that no one else noticed a car driving with two flat front tires. It's very difficult to steer a car with one flat front tire, much less two. It would be noticeable and highly suspect to anyone within visual range.

Maybe they called WELL after the "accident"... Maybe the person who called 911 is somehow involved...

ETA: I wonder if they have located the caller an interviewed them further?

Here is what I think may have happened:

She leaves apt to go to boyfriend's place. Perhaps she had too much to drink, was tired from being up all night, or was agitated because of argument with boyfriend, but whatever the case she ends up hitting the curb. Realizing she was probably spotted by several people, she gets out of her car and decides to hoof it home before cops show up. She goes back to her apt. changes clothes, probably to be wearing something different just in case someone gave a clothing description to the police, and leaves again. Walks to Brown and Roosevelt where the accident occurred( per witness who saw her there at either 4:30 or 5) with the intention of scoping out the situation and possibly driving away. The tires are by this time completely flat, so she begins calling her boyfriend, probably for a ride to come get her. He doesn't answer so she says she is coming over, and so she tells the cabbie to pick her up at the ampm rather than the location of the accident, as she doesn't want to associate herself with the car. Something then happens to her en route to the ampm.

I think she probably left at least one message on the boyfriends phone, stating her location, and perhaps he came and found her as she was walking. He picks her up, fight ensues, he throws phone or destroys phone, and has plenty of time to dispose of her.

Too coincidental that the two were having an argument the same night in my opinion.

....He picks her up, fight ensues, he throws phone or destroys phone, and has plenty of time to dispose of her.

Too coincidental that the two were having an argument the same night in my opinion.

I agree with pretty much everything you have suggested. If the phone was thrown or destroyed, I think it would have been found by now however. I too find it a little too coincidental that they were arguing. I will have to watch the clip of him again. I think he may have seemed too casual when talking about taking a lie detector test.....

Hi, Friends! It's been a couple years since I posted. I've missed this awesome forum!

I read somewhere that Adrienne's keys and wallet were later found in her room. Sorry, I didn't provide a link. That confused me about this whole incident. I feel like someone at the party is to blame and maybe we aren't hearing anything until all of those people are interviewed and investigated.

A young, pretty girl standing in front of a convenience store at 5am is a target for all kinds of things. She could have possibly thought a man pulling up to her was the cabbie and got in the car without thinking...especially being impaired from alcohol. Prayers go out to her family and friends. I feel terrible for her Dad.

i logged in, and signed up to websleuths specifically for this case/topic AS the internet and news is not properly covering the angles of this... AND the only intelligent discourse i found online, was here. KUDOS ya'll!

a few things, i'm a tempe resident. i've lived in the exact area where she dissapeared, or whatever happened that day/night.

i saw a post on fb regarding a. salinas on sun and actually headed on my bike thru the roosevelt/brown area to check out what particular part o' tempe this happened on sun night, w flashlight in hand as i familiarized myself w this slice of desolate tempe streets; at that time the news was really confusing (right?!) about zero info on the cab being called, or her going to/fro the bfs' apt in scotts, the university/hardy location for cab pickup, or the strange info on the accident. i was in the hood' again few days later, as my friend was having a bbq as well right around the corner at night, and it was SHOCKING that neither her, nor ANYONE at the bbq knew about this incident of a salinas. ridiculous. so, the whole notion that the neighborhood was littered w posters or info, is just not the truth. could be people not caring, or not knowing. either, isn't a good thing.

My biggest qualms and inquiries about this, (from my perspective as a resident of tempe for 19 years off and on,) is the initial vid of the news, with her roommate, specifically. and also, the raising of monies. there is a website setup by her mother to raise a limit of 10,000? posters are saying 6000 cash moolah for reward of finding her?

so, heres' my 3 things on my mind this morning.

1. WHY does the roommate in the initial vid know SO many details of incident? how did she know the car got in accident and had popped tires? how did she know the girl was contacted by bf? why did she know location of car when it was abandoned? there was no info released to us on the missing girls' cellie of any communication w the roommate. i don't like to just throw guilt or conjecture towards a person, BUT in the vid w news, that roommate was highly suspicious, (scared perhaps...) a quick walkthru of her fb and you see very strange posts, about death, revenge, the whole gauntlet of histrionics. so, to my mind this roomy seems odd. what, if any, was a conversation that a salinas had with her? do we know that she first went back to apt and talked w her? after the accident? no reason to get a cab at uni/hardy if apt was between the car left on st, and the convenience store...a terrible walk between those two points. and makes zero sense.

2. the striving to raise money, on this. az is a HUGE kidnap state, the worst in the USA. the aunt in vid said she was concerned that her niece would be 'warm'? its 115-117 this weekend. warmth isnt the issue. is their a debt to be settled? w bf? w past family or friends? note, a year ago the tragedy that befell this family (her cousin was killed.) you can google or find out bout that. WHAT IF this girl was seized/taken and a dowry is on her head to pay back a dealer, etc. IS she in the know? its an angle, a stretch, but her safety would still be in danger if it went sour, as in, she and others faked a kidnap and she goes into hiding until money is capped off for her to magically appear. Or, if she isn't/wasn't in the know, shes definitely in danger or already reached a critical mass for her life being potentially over. ugh.

3. the police in tempe are a fine group, very well organized/funded w amazing K9 units as well. how hard would it of been, to get a whiff/scent of her and trace her car and her movings, to some location? to comb this area and see her movements? it seems very strange, that we haven't been led to know about this, but im hoping the police did this.

On my urban spelunking of said area, you can see the barren lots surrounding the homes on roosevelt/brown and into the hardy into university area. i lived twice in this zone. its not safe. its not covered w security cams that im aware of. my friend (a girl,) was actually assaulted and robbed at the circle k on uni/hardy. i lived a block from it. at midnight to dawn its not an area anyone wants to really walk about. homeless, transients, and people from the near by train tracks wax/wane thru out this college town, and that area? not safe. at all

the park that some talked about? we used to call it drug dealer park. heroin park. junkie park. its been cleaned up a bit, but at night its pretty dark, pretty scary.

i wouldn't equate this area with total madness or a ghetto of poverty/drugs/violence, but its just not a place you wanna wander thru (drunk? drugged? after an accident? confused or tired?)

we have questions. many. the girl/lady who was murdered and left in baseline area of tempe, has been answered to. her bf (who domestically beat her it seems,) killed her. the connection to that, while we all thought it was possible, seems not to be. and, regardless of how the map shows it, that area is a WORLD of diff from the hardy/roosevelt/university area of whatever happened to a salinas.

you can still see a bit of missing posters on the BUSY mill ave by where she disapeared. but at night? many many girls walking alone. DO THEY NOT KNOW about her? do they not know that a man raped a woman by the train tracks in the early morn/night just a few months ago? right near this area. closer to the park/lake... hes dead now, he commit suicide in jail. but gosh, its awful how people just aren't vigilante about their safety in tempe.

the more we question, the more questions arise. i hope my comments are not toooooo long or ridiculous. we all wanna know what the hell happened that night/morn/twilight/dawn. AND WHY THE DAD seemed to be the only one who looked for her the next day, or day following.

IF i woke up to my gf callling me 11 times, and txting me 'coming over' at 3-5am, you betcha i would be concerned. but the bf, the roommate, the party people? well, dad went and found the car. no one else even seemed to care.

ahem. cheers websleuths.

-e goblin

Let's also not forget that she had a lot of neighbors. One of whom could've been stalking her and saw his opportunity.

ETA - Neighbors could also have been at the party, if you naw'm sayin'.

all apologies if im not hip or quick w using this forum, as its new to me. thx for the warm welcome!

the attention span, in my town... is depressing. the posts about this on fb i saw, the 'friends' or associates seemed to all move on? no new info on the local stations either. something is amiss

and, newest post from local azcentral. the info/details of streets, just keep changing and changing. AND ONLY the father seems to care, still, w the media at least. where are new quotes from aunt/roommate, BF?!, or mom?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html

great observations here today.

there was a vigil last night. It was... ummm... interesting. And sad. Too bad it took this long, too.

Could Adrienne's tires have been punctured or otherwise tampered with prior to her trying to take off?

The witness who called - I'd say (IMO) she has been cleared in terms of any involvement and that she has shared the details she can remember with the TPD. She thought she might have seen someone in the passenger side...

I am going to wait and see what shakes loose in the next few days. Adrienne, I hope you are safe.

Sometimes hope is all we have.

FBI joins case of missing Tempe woman Adrienne Salinas

Tempe police are consulting with the FBI to make sure they are doing everything possible find a 19-year-old college student who has been missing for more than a week.

Rick Salinas, Adrienne’s father, said he is pleased to hear the FBI is joining the investigation.

“I don’t want this to turn into a cold case,’’ Salinas said. “It’s great that the FBI is getting involved.’’

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...man-adrienne-salinas-fbi-joins-case-abrk.html

Footage of the boyfriend is on the vid here:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html

To me, he seems to be telling the truth.

The reporter says his name, Francisco -something-

Yeah, he seemed rather believable.

I am leaning towards a neighbor or someone at the party. I also haven't ruled out the possibility of the man who killed and dumped his girl a few blocks from there, and in the same general time frame. I hope police have considered this as well. It is doubtful that he was able to go home/sleep after doing that, and he certainly wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Yeah, he seemed rather believable.

I am leaning towards a neighbor or someone at the party. I also haven't ruled out the possibility of the man who killed and dumped his girl a few blocks from there, and in the same general time frame. I hope police have considered this as well. It is doubtful that he was able to go home/sleep after doing that, and he certainly wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Well, you said what I was thinking about saying. I still think that guy is interesting...

But I think others are interesting too. Did anyone else either attend the vigil or catch it on the news last night?

I don't know if I can post his last name since it is not in the printed version, but he is on her FB friend list. Name Fran, last name starts with an A.

So she had the accident, drove off, then stopped, left and went back to her apartment, then left her keys and went back to where she left the car??? Without the keys?? So it wasn't to get anything out of it then?? Why did she go back?

So she had the accident, drove off, then stopped, left and went back to her apartment, then left her keys and went back to where she left the car??? Without the keys?? So it wasn't to get anything out of it then?? Why did she go back?

I don't think ANY of that has been verified - I think those are assertions we are coming up with here to try to figure out what might have transpired.

Some of us are not convinced (a) that she was the driver of her vehicle when it reportedly "crashed", (b) that she was alone in her vehicle at that time, (c) that she went "back" to her apt after the "crash", or (d) that she then retruned to the crash scene. These are all just ideas we are throwing around I believe.

I think for one thing, that the "fight" Adrienne had with her BF that night was a pretty bad fight. Not just an argument or tiff.

ETA: I am not asserting anything about the BF, just that the fight seemed pretty bad (so I can understand her perhaps being REALLY upset.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4