George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, GZ was the victim here. Fortunately, it looks like he will be exonerated.

I meant if GZ had been the one killed. As far as I'm concerned, if someone is smashing my noggin on the ground, I'm not waiting until I or some news commentator thinks it's life threatening.

His flashlight was off. He was calm and collected. He had re-holstered his gun. He said, "call my wife.". He calmly recited his wife's phone number. He abruptly interrupted Manalo to say: "Just tell her I shot someone."

No remorse. This testimony is very compelling. Perhaps subtly. The jurors will get it.

How much remorse do you think Martin would have shown if he had been arrested after killing Zimmerman by smashing his head into the sidewalk?

His flashlight was off. He was calm and collected. He had re-holstered his gun. He said, "call my wife.". He calmly recited his wife's phone number. He abruptly interrupted Manalo to say: "Just tell her I shot someone."

No remorse. This testimony is very compelling. Perhaps subtly. The jurors will get it.

I would argue his reactions would be due to shock. I would for sure be in shock if I was just in a fight and shot someone. People react differently under shock some become hysterical others become very withdrawn and flat in demeanor.

Go easy with this pounding detail. He seemed pretty alert seconds after being pounded into concrete.

But I asked a question you couldn't/wouldn't answer.

So you were there then, you are a witness and he was calm?

Yes, I am aware of that. However, other witnesses say other things. I don't believe we know whether or not TM had training in MMA, but as I recall, GZ did. Since I don't have time to find that to cite it, it's IMO. This witness said he witnessed the altercation for ten seconds. He certainly saw a lot in that ten seconds. Maybe too much. IMO

The other witnesses didn't see or hear half of what JG saw. But yet somehow they are more credible.

The witness DID NOT say GZ re-holstered his gun! Are you Nancy Grace in disguise? The witness said he did not SEE the gun.

His testimony: Manalo saw no gun, until the officer asked if he had a gun, when GZ raised his arms and displayed the holstered gun.

Mr. Manolo, another Prosecution witness, just testified that GZ's claim that he had just been beaten up and shot the man to defend himself seemed true.

The Defense doesn't need witnesses.

The Prosecution's will do just fine.

This should be a short trial and deliberation, that is if the judge doesn't dismiss the charges first, of course.

Yep, saw the photos. Not much damage to them, how much would occur if TM was bashing GZ's head into the concrete? I'm not certain the broken nose came from TM, maybe the gun kicked back. MOO

Speculating here...what would have happened if GZ let TM continue smashing his head on the ground? What would have happened if TM found GZ's gun first.
If the tables were turned and GZ was the victim, would you feel the same as you do now?

No, because IMO GZ was a threat to TM. In that case, were TM being beaten (I don't believe GZ was) TM would be justified in grabbing the gun which would have been used to kill him. It was not TM's gun. The gun was introduced into the melee (If there even was one) by GZ.

I've been attacked in a similar manner and my head was beaten into a tile floor. I understand the terror when you realize the sound you're hearing is your own head hitting the floor again and again. And each time wondering if the next impact will be the one that splits your head open. Sorry to be so graphic but I'm just trying to explain why I find GZ's story believable. In hindsight, I'm really glad I didn't have a weapon to fight back because there's a good chance I would have used it due to intense fear. JMO, OMO, MOO.

What a horrible experience, I'm so sorry. How severe were your injuries?

Mr. Manolo, another Prosecution witness, just testified that GZ's claim that he had just been beaten up and shot the man to defend himself seemed true.

The Defense doesn't need witnesses.

The Prosecution's will do just fine.

That's because the facts are the facts. These witnesses have no reason to lie for GZ.

You really think he was going to be murdered?

It doesn't matter at all if WE don't think he would've been murdered, it only matters what he thought. Do you think he knew he would not have been murdered or suffered 'serious bodily harm'? I think the law doesn't require the person to think they were about to be murdered, but rather the fear of suffering severe bodily harm.

If the circumstances were exactly reversed, I'd want TM to pay just as much as I now want GZ to pay. All lives are of value to me.:seeya:

Or just maybe, people should realize when there is a fight, things happen. It is sad and tragic but not murder.

He had no choice at that time, it was either kill or be killed.

IMO

I don't believe that George was thinking he was going to be killed. Given that several neighbors heard what was happening and were outside telling them to stop, calling 911, etc... the fight would have been broken up. George's injuries do not look anything close to him thinking he was going to be murdered. He didn't even feel the need to go to the hospital! Lethal force should be the last possible option, and at the time GZ pulled his weapon and shot Travyon, he wasn't out of choices. Neighbors had made it known that they knew what was happening and were getting help. He didn't need to kill Trayvon.

For those with questions or qualms about his gun visibility and his holster, I took a couple of quick pictures to illustrate. I apologize in advance for the lack of color-coordination. I just grabbed my jacket really quick to take the picture. I also apologize for the pastiness of my stomach!

In any case, this is what Zimmerman would have pretty much looked like when he was walking around:

concealed.jpg

And this is how Zimmerman would have had to have been "flashing it". I would feel silly walking around like this, but that may just be me. This is also the extent the clothing would have to be adjusted for the weapon to be visible and recognizable. It's not just a matter of "Maybe his jacket got pushed back".

flashingit.jpg

I am a white person from Texas & it would not be offensive to me to be called a honkey or a cracker by a black person. Neither would being called gringo by a Hispanic. Matter of fact I have been called those names by friends of those cultures. Those words are a part of their culture & I just choose not to take offense. On the other hand some people, but not all, of those cultures take offense when whites use certain racial terms.

And 'Miss Diamond' indicated that she was not offended by TM's use of the 'N' word. That opinion (and yours) doesn't mean that the use if those terms are not offensive and racially hostile and provocative.

What's with this "shock" stuff? Shock is a medical term, that isn't about being upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee