Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strive to be kind in July

Her husband Gerard Baden-Clay phoned police, saying he woke to find his wife's bed empty.

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/allison-badenclay-remembered-20130419-2i3qr.html

Moo, I am pretty sure a guy or girl is not going to commit suicide when their partner says... Missing from their bed.

Moo, ABC did question the only thing she thought she had done wrong. Focussing on the kids more than husband.

Has anyone heard more about striving to be kind? It sounds so political.

Her husband Gerard Baden-Clay phoned police, saying he woke to find his wife's bed empty.

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/allison-badenclay-remembered-20130419-2i3qr.html

Moo, I am pretty sure a guy or girl is not going to commit suicide when their partner says... Missing from their bed.

Moo, ABC did question the only thing she thought she had done wrong. Focussing on the kids more than husband.

We all concentrate on our kids whilst they are young they need us then :)

We all concentrate on our kids whilst they are young they need us then :)

We don't all concentrate on the kiddies. I thought that little people running around in my house were small peeps that can't pay taxes.

Or it could be a religious thing.

You don't just jump the fence to any neighbour and ask for a loan of $400,000, so why did he ask Flegg?
The most you should ever ask your neighbour to loan you is a cup of sugar.
My thoughts exactly. It had to do with politics, masonry or some other murky business.

Every time that I smile,
Every time that I sigh,
I think of your face,
And a tear escapes my eye.

You were my world,
My inspiration and my heart,
But when you left me,
I thought I would fall apart.

You were my best friend,
My one true 'confidante',
And that's not all you were,
You were also my mum.

I didn't want to live without you,
But you would have wanted me to,
And if there's anyone I want to make happy,
That anyone is you

I would have given anything to have you back,
But I know now that it was meant to be,
For you are still watching from up there,
And I know you're watching me.

I'll make you proud mum,
I'm going to fulfill your wish,
You're going to see me and smile,
That's a daughter's promise.

Relating to the works being undertaken at the bridge, do any locals know what is being planned and how it's been instigated? I drove past yesterday, first time for a few weeks, and was very surprised at the extent of it. The area has been cleared and tarmacked with an access from Mt Crosby Road and a large sandstone memorial in the middle of the cleared area. There is nothing engraved on the memorial yet. The sunflower cross has been removed from the bridge railing and erected on a tripod affair in the cleared area - probably to allow for the works, but obviously treated with the utmost respect.

Beware - the speed limit has been changed from 80 to 60 on that stretch of Mt Crosby Road very recently, and QPS were there with a radar gun on both my to and from trips yesterday.

Legal aid for GBC? Pftt! Where are Allison's, the Dickie's and the children's rights? I'm saddened and dissolutioned by the way the crims get more help than the poor victims and their families. One good thing is that he too hasn't been let out on parole to go do it to someone else.
When is the court case and what were the BC's doing in court? Anyone know yet? Could it have been to do with being granted legal aid?
Sorry I have too many questions and no damn answers.

Legal aid for GBC? Pftt! Where are Allison's, the Dickie's and the children's rights? I'm saddened and dissolutioned by the way the crims get more help than the poor victims and their families. One good thing is that he too hasn't been let out on parole to go do it to someone else.
When is the court case and what were the BC's doing in court? Anyone know yet? Could it have been to do with being granted legal aid?
Sorry I have too many questions and no damn answers.

He is getting the creme de la creme of legal aid They.

I have researched online about the rights of children and their legal guardian. The first version was in the early part on the 1900's. It is hard to follow as every 20 years there is a change in the finer details.

From what I understand a parent must provide for a child's upkeep and that includes being financially responsible for birth costs. As per the guidelines of parents of minors in jail, they are still financially responsible. The income they receive in jail is accordingly deducted.

The trial will happen slowly because the DPP are not funded as well as GBC's defence.

Case against Daniel Morcombe accused delayed due to shortage of Crown lawyers

<modsnip>

I think GBC aka gm was at court to claim his right as a father in so much as he is entitled access to monies raised at the Brookfield fundraiser.. He is not forced by law to give anything to his children.

Moo

We don't all concentrate on the kiddies. I thought that little people running around in my house were small peeps that can't pay taxes.

Flinders, so are you saying - that you didn't have children because they are a drain on finances? If you could explain further - that would be great!

Flinders, so are you saying - that you didn't have children because they are a drain on finances? If you could explain further - that would be great!

Sorry Liadan, I was being sarcastic. I was quite peeved when I read on another forum (not AC), that the people on Websleuths are 40 something say at home Mum's. It was a football forum that thinks GBC won't get a fair trial because of the Woman's Day readers.

I'll admit I've been suffering a very heavy heart of late due to the horrific news of the terrible ongoing crimes, all coincidently similar. Too much all at once. I cry for our society. :scared:
But Squizz & Makara just made me want to do a nudey run, anywhere!
Hopefully true but extremely uplifting none the less. :great:

:floorlaugh: Nudey run?? I haven't done one of those for ages! :blushing:

:floorlaugh: Nudey run?? I haven't done one of those for ages! :blushing:
Just great news, our wonderful boyz in blue could be still in surveylance mode. IE tapped phones, satellites & teeny little micro phones. Loose lips sink ships.
No nudey run tonight Makara, it's a bit too frosty outside.

My heart is beating double time with this news Strangeworld, do you think this could have anything to do with the trial delay???
So Makara's been holding out on us! Anymore juicy info?

IMO, I think a trial date will be announced in August but the trial won't get underway until next year. Early next year I hope.

Our boys in blue are still working on the case and will continue to do so until the trial.

No, I wasn't holding out on you LOL. I thought it was common knowledge about NBC. It will be very interesting to see if NBC and EBC are called to testify at the trial. I'm tipping that one or both with perjure themselves. If that is the case, they will face a jail sentence. Same for missy McHugh.

Sorry Liadan, I was being sarcastic. I was quite peeved when I read on another forum (not AC), that the people on Websleuths are 40 something say at home Mum's. It was a football forum that thinks GBC won't get a fair trial because of the Woman's Day readers.

Hmmm In light of the few posts following this one, the comments about people on Websleuths, (possibly with inferences towards bored, stay at home, middle aged ladies with nothing better to do) sound utterly off track and ridiculous.
My personal observations show quite the opposite. The contributors here appear Vibrant, intelligent, sensible and sensitive, very active, sound, keen to see justice, able to accept criticism, open to debate, open to new ideas, humorous, neither misandrist or misogynist.
Seems the contributors to the forum have a keen sense of justice and do not like to taken for fools. Or walked all over, or ignored.
Nudie runs seem to be the go when even the sniff of justice becomes apparent.
In fact this Websleuths forum together with AC has been proof positive that good people, normal people, balanced people; still do exist in Australia. And those people are willing and able to have a voice. This is indeed most heartening.
I therefore conclude that the forum to which Flinders refers is either non Australian, fairy story stuff or plumb dumb.
Unless it is someone scared shi*les* about the power of Websleuth or AC forums. And want to disparage them in every way possible.
Little bit like trying to create a suicide aspersion for one who has been murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes