Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

Not sure if this theory has been suggested but could she have had traveled here for a man or a job that didn't pan out? As far as not finding an abandoned car, could her car have been stolen after leaving it? No one would report it stolen. Maybe that's where all of her belongings were. I even wonder if she came alone.

She took a taxi to that location, paying for the fare with all of the money that she had on her. Yes, she was alone when she took the taxi ride.

O.K Going back to page one I still think this doe is Marie Andrus. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/andrus_marie.html

According to this article:
http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-17/news/li-996_1_deputy-coroner
Our Doe had her front tooth chipped just like Marie, Only Difference is eye color. Like Carl says eyes can darken after death. I know California, if I understand correctly, has an automatic rule out system by dentals but I do not see her on the Namus rule out list. Dates and Features line up... I just think its worth a DNA or a second look...

I hope this has not alreay been said. Did not get a chance to go through the whole thread.

She took a taxi to that location, paying for the fare won't all of the money that she had on her. Yes, she was alone when she took the taxi ride.

I meant prior to the taxi. Did she come here alone? I wonder if there were any signs of her having sex before she died. If not, then the broke down car is plausible. If she had killed herself, then someone could have stolen her car and any belongings. No one would have reported. Finally, $18 was a lot of money (kinda). Gas was less than a dollar a gallon.

I wonder if there is a connection with erotic clubs or *advertiser censored* filming.

A life like that is a hard one for a woman.

Shot in the dark.

Julie Weflen missing from Spokane four days earlier.

I don't think it's a match but and there are some details that don't match but I felt compelled to post the link for others to look at.

http://www.kptv.com/story/17179089/25000-reward-offered-in-case-of-missing-bpa-worker

I doubt it's Julie. It sounds like Julie was overpowered and abducted; the Dana Point woman had told people she was from the east coast in the days before she committed suicide.

Not sure if this theory has been suggested but could she have had traveled here for a man or a job that didn't pan out? As far as not finding an abandoned car, could her car have been stolen after leaving it? No one would report it stolen. Maybe that's where all of her belongings were. I even wonder if she came alone.

This detail makes me wonder whether she might in fact be from the east, probably a large city. It's quite common for people who live in NYC, Boston, Phillie, etc. to not have a car, or even know how to drive. They rely on buses, trains, taxis, and their feet.

I wonder if she was looking for high-end hotels so she could apply for a job.

I wouldn't necessarily say that she's religious because of the "Angel wings."

If she jumped but didn't immediately die she must have been in a world of hurt, she could have just been trying to get up, or find out what she could still move, in the moments before she died.

Wonder if DPJD could have been a missing child from late 60's or 70's. Trying to suppose how a young girl could find herself hopeless and without anyone recognizing her (claiming her) in 1987?

The purse makes me think that she may have ties to the San Diego area -- maybe she picked it up at a goodwill store -- God only knows how a stolen purse finds it way into this girls hands.

Looking for missing little girls with strawberry blonde hair, freckles and brown eyes with a cleft chin.

Cynthia Sumpter is close; but her eyes are blue, not brown...
http://doenetwork.org/cases/334dfca.html
Deborah Quimby...
DQuimby.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/274dfma.html
Christina White...
ChristinaWhite4.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2634dfwa.html

Christina White (a different picture from the Doenet set) side by side with Jane Doe.

Attachments

• ChristinaWhite1 1971 Washington with Dana Point JD.png
    ChristinaWhite1 1971 Washington with Dana Point JD.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 102
If we're going to look at people who disappeared in the 70s, I'd like to reintroduce Rachel Hanna Ziselman. (NamUs Page) She also apparently had blue eyes instead of brown, but her picture resembles the sketch more than anyone else I've ever seen. She's described as having strawberry blonde hair, and at least a couple of freckles are visible despite the picture being rather overly bright and washed out.

She would've been twenty-one years old at the time of Jane Doe's death, and Ziselman lived within fairly easy traveling distance of San Diego (if we're accounting for the purse) and Dana Point. The major problems come from the ten year gap between her disappearance and the death, as well as the fact that Ziselman's disappearance appears to have been an abduction.

Ziselman and Jane side by side. You're right, the resemblance is astonishing. But the eye color kind of makes it a non-starter.

Attachments

• Rachel Hanna Ziselman 1977 with Dana Point JD.png
    Rachel Hanna Ziselman 1977 with Dana Point JD.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 106
There are possible ways to write off the eye color issue. It could be as easy as someone not paying sufficient attention and writing the wrong thing down or checking the wrong box while filling out information for either Jane or Rachel. I can't name one off the top of my head, but I know I've seen solved cases on this site where such things have been occurred. Misreporting happens unfortunately.

I've also learned there are genetic conditions which can cause eyes to become darker or lighter during adolescence and adulthood. Also to be considered, there are a few diseases which can cause changes. A bit of information can be found here.

There are possibilities at least.

There are possible ways to write off the eye color issue. It could be as easy as someone not paying sufficient attention and writing the wrong thing down or checking the wrong box while filling out information for either Jane or Rachel. I can't name one off the top of my head, but I know I've seen solved cases on this site where such things have been occurred. Misreporting happens unfortunately.

I've also learned there are genetic conditions which can cause eyes to become darker or lighter during adolescence and adulthood. Also to be considered, there are a few diseases which can cause changes. A bit of information can be found here.

There are possibilities at least.

Yeah, I know there are possibilities, but combined with the circumstances...it seems beyond unlikely.

Though on the other hand, if everything was as it seems, one or the other of them would most likely have been identified by now.

If we're going to look at people who disappeared in the 70s, I'd like to reintroduce Rachel Hanna Ziselman. (NamUs Page) She also apparently had blue eyes instead of brown, but her picture resembles the sketch more than anyone else I've ever seen. She's described as having strawberry blonde hair, and at least a couple of freckles are visible despite the picture being rather overly bright and washed out.

She would've been twenty-one years old at the time of Jane Doe's death, and Ziselman lived within fairly easy traveling distance of San Diego (if we're accounting for the purse) and Dana Point. The major problems come from the ten year gap between her disappearance and the death, as well as the fact that Ziselman's disappearance appears to have been an abduction.

I, too looked really long at Rachel Ziselman (what a beautiful child). The eye color and the lack of freckles makes me hesitate, but I agree that her face shape is very similar.
I have learned that eye color dulls after death, i.e: turning blue or green to hazel. The color fades, so it is possible that DPJD's eyes in life were brighter than in death.
As a good friend of mine would say -- scientific rule out is ALWAYS best. Now, if the Orange County LE investigators agree, in my opinion, there is no harm in asking for a comparison.

She took a taxi to that location, paying for the fare with all of the money that she had on her. Yes, she was alone when she took the taxi ride.

The taxi driver said she was quiet, but seemed upset. Said that she had had car trouble...I guess the car trouble was not true since no abandoned car was ever found -- did LE look for a car? -- could her car have been impounded near that gas station or hotel within the hours or days that followed? Wonder why she would make up a car and car trouble? Since she was planning her demise, did she deliberately mislead the taxi driver? Did she not want to be identified?
My heart goes out to this young hopeless girl. Her loneliness is so sad.

I decided to do a little more research into my pet theory regarding Rachel Ziselman, and that included scouring for news articles from the time period of her disappearance. A couple of things turned up which I found a bit interesting.

According to an October 1, 1977 article in the Los Angeles Times, the clothing Ziselman went missing in just kind of reappeared one day. The following is an excerpt from the article:

The checkered blue, yellow, and pink bikini panty and white T-shirt turned up among other garments belonging to Rachel Hanna Ziselman in the 11-year-old girl's room, which investigators say they searched thoroughly after her disappearance on Labor Day.

"We don't believe they were there then," the special investigation team leader, Lt. George Tawes, said Friday. "We don't have any explanation."

The earliest theory of police, though both parents were eventually ruled out as suspects according to a June 18, 1978 article, was that Rachel's disappearance was related to a family custody dispute.

The 1978 article also showed that police still didn't seem to think foul play was all that likely in the case. It quoted comments from West Los Angeles juvenile division-investigator Joe Lewis. The following is an excerpt:

Police have not ruled out foul play, Lewis said, "but without evidence to support it, we have to handle this as just a missing person."

But neither have authorities discounted the possibility of runaway, "or any possibility," the detective said.

Obviously none of this is going to demonstrate that Rachel Ziselman wasn't abducted, let alone that she ended up in Dana Point in 1987, but could it at least open up the possibilities and make my little idea seem a bit less like madness? I'd like to think so!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back