George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a point of clarification, GZ did not call 911. He called the non-emergency number. So perhaps would not be expected them to show up immediately.

IMO.

I wonder if there is a record on how long it took police to respond in the past after a NEN call about a prowler or break in... ?

I had not watched or paid any attention to this case until I started watching the trial.

The other day when his brother testified he gave his last name and the name of his uncle that lived with them. I thought the name was the same. I know it was not Martin, maybe Fulton?.

I also understand that TM's mother is divorced from his father. Was she married to a Fulton before him? Could the uncle be the brother of his father?

TIA for any information one can provide. Know it has no bearing on the case, just me being curious.

JMO

The uncle is her brother.

Where people go wrong is the thought process that a 17 year old, unarmed is helpless/scared/can't fight/etc.

Just because someone has a weapon doesn't mean they want to use it. Isn't that what gun owners harp on when they say they own a gun for self defense?

IMO - Gun owners w/ C&C permits are taught that it is their responsibility to not put themselves in the position where a confrontation can occur. If I'm carrying my weapon, it is my duty to avoid confrontation at all costs, because I should not be intentionally getting into a situation where I may be forced to pull the trigger! If GZ were a responsible gun owner, he would have called NEN, alerted them to what he saw, and then sat tight in his truck until the cops arrived! Or just kept driving on to the store, whatever. He should have NEVER followed Trayvon.

Carrying a loaded weapon shouldn't make you feel like it is OK to ante up, which is why I think GZ felt it was OK/safe to follow Trayvon. He may not have WANTED to use it, but he sure felt confident enough to follow Trayvon, a person he felt was suspicious enough to report to the police... the gun gave him confidence.

I wish the defense would just save time and ask their witnesses right off the bat if the voice they heard was GZ's, then no more questions. What's the point!

they want us to be endeared by Gramma and Grampa. IMHO.

Where people go wrong is the thought process that a 17 year old, unarmed is helpless/scared/can't fight/etc.

Just because someone has a weapon doesn't mean they want to use it. Isn't that what gun owners harp on when they say they own a gun for self defense?

IMO~ and I will admit a home owner that protects herself with a weapon....a gun in the possession of a person not willing to use it is also unbelievable, especially if you have a concealed carry and wearing it out in public.
If you are armed, you have already made the conscious decision to use it.

Thanks for the discussion folks, I gotta go get stuff done or I'll be divorced with all the time in the world to be on WS. Hmmm, maybe ....nah, I like my hubby, I gotta go. Have fun the rest of this day, I'll check what y'all thought later.

IMO - Gun owners w/ C&C permits are taught that it is their responsibility to not put themselves in the position where a confrontation can occur. If I'm carrying my weapon, it is my duty to avoid confrontation at all costs, because I should not be intentionally getting into a situation where I may be forced to pull the trigger! If GZ were a responsible gun owner, he would have called NEN, alerted them to what he saw, and then sat tight in his truck until the cops arrived! Or just kept driving on to the store, whatever. He should have NEVER followed Trayvon.

Carrying a loaded weapon shouldn't make you feel like it is OK to ante up, which is why I think GZ felt it was OK/safe to follow Trayvon. He may not have WANTED to use it, but he sure felt confident enough to follow Trayvon, a person he felt was suspicious enough to report to the police... the gun gave him confidence.

or if it became such an immediate threat, call 911 EMERGENCY with that phone in his hand. I'm amazed at the benefit of the doubt given to Zimmerman and not an ounce to a dead teenager, the victim. Just amazed and saddened. IMHO.

GZ called 911...

He knew they were on their way...had no idea when they would show up...

Which makes more sense?

He was watching Trayvon to report his location...
He tried to detain him and hand him over to the police?

If you think he tried to detain him...please explain how GZ caught him...

He caught him because Trayvon was not running but standing outside to finish his call with his friend Rachael before returning to the place where he was staying IMO. It makes no sense to me that Trayvon was hiding in the bushes to jump out at Zimmerman but would betray his location by talking on his cell phone.

So does anyone think GZ will take the stand? I don't think so but it's possible.

This trial is interfering with me watching Full Throttle Saloon. ;)

It's a sad world we live in when teen boys need to worry so much about what others think of them so that they should be worried about being shot walking to their friends' house. IMO.

Amen to that!! Such an extreme reaction to that very event can never be justified or explained adequately enough to be proof in a court room.IMO

IMO~ and I will admit a home owner that protects herself with a weapon....a gun in the possession of a person not willing to use it is also unbelievable, especially if you have a concealed carry and wearing it out in public.
If you are armed, you have already made the conscious decision to use it.

Sorry, No. I know plenty of people that carry and have not, nor do they plan on using it. It is there to protect them under attack. Not to pick a date and time to shoot someone..

OMO

Just a point of clarification, GZ did not call 911. He called the non-emergency number. So perhaps would not be expected them to show up immediately.

IMO.

IMO, he escalated the urgency of the call by reporting that TM was circling his vehicle, running, etc. and says something along the lines of "just get someone out here," and the dispatcher indicates that someone is on their way at that time. GZ indicates that he will wait for the police. I would not assume the dispatcher meant that in between important calls, someone would get there when they could. I got the impression that the police were en route and would be there within a few minutes, and for GZ to sit in his vehicle and WAIT.

The evidence does not show that he followed him. In fact, the evidence does not show that GZ was looking for a confrontation. So I don't think you can say for certainty that GZ was not doing what he was trained to do as a permitted gun owner (avoid a confrontation).

You're leaving out quite a few components of this case. TM wasn't shot because he walking home. He wasn't shot because he black or wearing a hoodie, or because he went to 7-11. It's a good world we live in when a man stops a brutal attack on himself imo.

Just responding to your below post:

Walking around in a neighborhood in which he didn't live, in a hoodie, in the rain would be suspicious to anyone imo.

I think we need to just agree to disagree :blowkiss:

Well it makes sense to me that GZ would follow a running TM behind the building to see where he was running to. IMO

He caught him because Trayvon was not running but standing outside to finish his call with his friend Rachael before returning to the place where he was staying IMO. It makes no sense to me that Trayvon was hiding in the bushes to jump out at Zimmerman but would betray his location by talking on his cell phone.

YEs he was standing outside his DAD's GF's house and then he is 70 yards in in a fight with GZ. Where GZ was near his car waiting for police...

Those are facts under testimony..

That is my issue with saying GZ was the aggressor. He was basically still in the same place. TM had already created distance between them and then went back... OMO

Sorry, No. I know plenty of people that carry and have not, nor do they plan on using it. It is there to protect them under attack. Not to pick a date and time to shoot someone..

OMO

Exactly my point! They would not carry at all if they had not made a PLAN to use it when THEY make the decision it is necessary.

I'm just curious why those who believe that GZ kept on pursuing TM why they think that when GZ is heard saying Okay upon the suggestion that he didn't need to continue doing that. Why are those certain that he contradicted himself by saying okay and then keep going and the noise of wind/air that I heard stopped after he said okay.

Just an honest question as I really would like to hear the thoughts about that.

or if it became such an immediate threat, call 911 EMERGENCY with that phone in his hand. I'm amazed at the benefit of the doubt given to Zimmerman and not an ounce to a dead teenager, the victim. Just amazed and saddened. IMHO.

I just wonder what GZ would have done/reported/etc. if this was a female instead of a male. Same clothing style, same mannerisms, etc., but a girl. I bet he would have kept on driving. Why was Trayvon Martin so suspicious to him that he felt the need to CHASE HIM?! IMO.

And I agree... that GZ couldn't have been so fearful and suspicious since he didn't call the emergency line. Just like he couldn't have been so terribly injured or in fear of being injured that he didn't get seen at the hospital that night. JMO.

The benefit of the doubt should go to the victim (the dead one), not the person who killed them, until that person proves why they killed them. Just like many think the prosecution did not prove their case, GZ's defense has not provided enough to prove theirs either so far. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123