GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

does anyone know for sure if the Mom or her partner refused to allow the property to be searched?

I haven't seen anything suggesting she actually refused a search as much as because LE got a search warrant it was assumed she refused a search. But LE should get a warrant anyway if they are going to look for remains.

I'm still on the fence about Mom...have had an odd feeling about her from the start. There's more to this story because how could a partially covered body not be discovered in any of the searches? If it's because the family did not allow the property to be searched....then, that's a BIG question to find out an answer to.

And if that is where their dogs go to run... Or grooming dogs... Wouldn't they have made a fuss catching the scent... Or seeing.. The remains?

:dunno:

I wonder who told LE last night that there was the possibility of remains on the property.

I haven't seen anything suggesting she actually refused a search as much as because LE got a search warrant it was assumed she refused a search. But LE should get a warrant anyway if they are going to look for remains.

I Still don't have official report of mom denying search of home and grounds...

but... This sounds correct since LE waited until early morning to start investigating...

JMO

I would love to know the motive of the 16 yr old. What made him kill his brother, i know step or half or whatever, still brought up as a brother. Was he just mad at being made to watch him or did they have a fight?

On a post he was angry at his mom for making him stay home, Menifee 24/7 was reporting that. So I am guessing he had to stay home to watch his brother and may have taken it out on him, JMO

I'm still on the fence about Mom...have had an odd feeling about her from the start. There's more to this story because how could a partially covered body not be discovered in any of the searches? If it's because the family did not allow the property to be searched....then, that's a BIG question to find out an answer to.

I have a problem with that as well, but time will tell, I hope. So sad.
I am "mentoring" a young man (15) at my job who is autistic. I can't imagine this horror.

I am not computer literate but someone may want to take snapshots of the sb's facebook page and the post he wrote on the 4th July. It will go soon, especially as so many people are talking about it. Don't think he was very happy at home...sad situation all around. I noticed on the find terry FB and the newspage they are wanting to start a petition to have the law changed about searching the families properties straight away in cases of missing children, as mum did not let them search the house....

I have noticed in Maps and photos that the area he was found in has a low fence around it. I also know that the the family has a dog grooming business and a few dogs. I wonder if the area that he was buried is where they keep the dogs occasionally.
So sad! Rest in peace Sweet Boy!

Wow...I had that thought go through my head, too. Except, it just had the look of a small pet cemetary to me.

There are a lot of backyard breeders out in this area so, if it was an area to corral dogs I could see that being a possibility.

Even so...if it was, at some point the body was going to be discovered when Mom & her partner used it the next time.

It's strange how we know what's coming yet still feel horror and even shock when the announcement is made.

I knew Terry was dead once they began digging at his house, but logging on and seeing it confirmed that a little body was found caused me to involuntarily say, "Oh no." Why is that? Why does that happen?

Perhaps we just want so much for there to be a different ending that we grasp on to even impossible hope.

Rest in Peace Juju....

uu2h.jpg

Another thought about why Mom & her partner might have refused to allow LE to search her property would be (if they were not involved in the disappearance) that maybe they had something illegal in nature on the property that they did not want LE to view...marijuana, guns, etc. Just thoughts...not facts.

Also worth noting that the brother's followers on facebook have more than doubled since yesterday. :waitasec:

DAMMIT!! So not right. Rest in peace little man, may you soar with the angels!!

I was SO angry driving past Helen Rd on my way home today. But did slow down enough(really didn't have a choice) and thanked a few of the volunteers.

My wife and kiddos are currently in Tucson spending some time with their Nana, and makes me miss them so much more!! I just want to give my little guys a HUGE hug right now, but will have to wait til Friday.

I'm with others who've said it, I wish - really wish - I was more shocked. :(

PS: I think the July 4th post is gone. SB mentioned he had taken down a post because it upset people.

I'm with others who've said it, I wish - really wish - I was more shocked. :(

PS: I think the July 4th post is gone. SB mentioned he had taken down a post because it upset people.

Nope, still there. He posted 3 times that day.
Again, all sounds like many young men I know.
While there is "red flags" there... they weren't "red flags for murder."

Rest in a wonderful and peaceful place little man, gone too soon

:rose:

It appears (for those not on FB), that the SB went through a breakup on the 4th of July. I didn't see any post regarding having to stay home - there are posts missing as he deleted them (per his own words yesterday). He was reading media coverage and didn't like how it was being misconstrued. I have screen shots of his FB now but none of the posts he deleted. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back