George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
His star witness was a big dud so he's making excuses for her.

OMG. His 'I had a dream' line just cancelled out the stupid knock-knock joke. IMO

This has always bothered me...

If the kid was waiting for Trayvon to return from the store with skittles...

Wouldn't he be concerned that he never showed up...

Why did they wait until the following morning to report him missing?

not buying the candy story...

You raise a good point, I had missed. I agree with you any young guy awaiting his skittles is going to wonder what happened. I'm surprised that no one reported him missing until the next morning. Maybe he was going to a friends' house....idk IMO

Now he is using his own variation on an MLK quote? The prosecution continues to bring race in to this. Disturbing.

IMO

Whoever thru the first punch started it. The evidence suggests to me that it was TM who did that. MOO.

I agree, but also, the test is not whether Trayvon did that but whether there is a reasonable doubt that George did that. And that's without even getting to the part of the law where even an aggressor can use deadly force in certain circumstances. jmo

Di Maio said that he had examined the autopsy, toxicology and photographic evidence and concluded that the evidence was consistent with Zimmerman’s statements to authorities that Martin was straddling him and that Zimmerman fired his gun with his right hand. The path of the bullet ran from Martin’s left side through part of his heart and into a portion of the right lung, Di Maio testified.

“The medical evidence ... is consistent with his statement,” Di Maio said of Zimmerman’s version of events.
Di Maio also testified that the hole in Martin’s shirt showed that the muzzle of Zimmerman’s gun was touching the clothing, and that the wound on Martin’s chest showed that his skin was two to four inches from the muzzle.

Di Maio said he based his conclusions on analysis of debris from the gunshot, including what he called “powder tattoo marks” surrounding the wound, which give the appearance of a reddish, circular rash on the skin. Such marks, he said, would not be present if the muzzle had been held against Martin’s skin.

“So … the muzzle of the gun was against the clothing. But the clothing itself had to be two to four inches away from the body at the time Mr. Martin was shot,” he said.

“This is consistent with Mr. Zimmerman’s account – that Mr. Martin was over him, leaning forward at the time he was shot,” Di Maio said.

TM was getting up which allowed GZ to pull the gun. If TM has a full mount GZ cannot access the gun.

If the defense shows illustration that depicts TM swinging on GZ. The state should be able to show how the gun would be positioned where the muzzle is touching the clothes but not the skin and how the bullet would enter the left side traveling to the right.

If you don't believe it have someone mount you with a MMA full mount and try to touch your hip. The only way is if they stood up.

I was watching the trial so I am fully aware that MOM blew away the theory that GZ couldn't have reached his gun. JMO. OMO. MOO.

You raise a good point, I had missed. I agree with you any young guy awaiting his skittles is going to wonder what happened. I'm surprised that no one reported him missing until the next morning. Maybe he was going to a friends' house....idk IMO

I think the family was given a narrative to follow. Imo

This has always bothered me...

If the kid was waiting for Trayvon to return from the store with skittles...

Wouldn't he be concerned that he never showed up...

Why did they wait until the following morning to report him missing?

not buying the candy story...

It's also been a point of concern for that TM's father seemed to show no concern that his son (who had recently been suspended and sent to live with him over behavioral propblems) did not come home that night. He didn't contact police or otherwise make an effort to find out where he was until the next morning. IMO

I agree, but also, the test is not whether Trayvon did that but whether there is a reasonable doubt that George did that. And that's without even getting to the part of the law where even an aggressor can use deadly force in certain circumstances. jmo

Yes. If it's impossible to know who thru the first punch, then we have reasonable doubt. MOO.

de la Rhonda is showing how RJ's testimony fits the calls and actions, second by second....So she thought Trayvon might have been followed by a prevert...no crime in that....she wouldn't be the only one who would draw that conclusion in the circs. IMO

This attorney reminds me of an oldfashioned Southern Baptist Preacher we had in Texas. Fiery at times...emphatic in his presentation. Amen. IMO

Yeah, but you have to admit that "I just killed him" draws out more emotional response from the jury than the truth.... IMO

Especially since I think he said..

I killed a guy..

NOT HIM..

HIM makes it personal. And is also not in evidence.

Shooting someone in the chest is illegal in most instances as well....
IMO
But you're comparing apples to oranges.

Following someone and asking a question doesn't naturally lead to shooting someone.

Drawing back a bow and pointing it someone is in and of itself a crime, and the result of releasing the arrow is pretty clear.

OFFS, I have called my husband an a-hole a few times in our 27 years of marriage.

I judge in a way that is consistent with what life has shown me. imo

I find this statement troubling...did GZ make a similar judgment? And he judged wrong, TM was no criminal. He was a normal kid heading home to watch a game, he did not deserve to die, IMO.

Did he just pull an Alyce Laviolette with the old don't know much about computers stuff?
What's worse is he did it to try and cover up for just (virtually because he stopped himself ) calling the jury stupid. "We color coded it for ya in case . . ." and then he holds up a timeline that looks like a grade schooler made it. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress