IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Snowbunny ...

The only information I can find about MK's vehicle is the red Toyota pick-up.

I scanned across Evansdale (August 2012 Google Maps) and there are many red pick-up trucks, but I could not see one like MK's.

Then I looked in Stratford, Iowa and Dayton, Iowa and again, many many red pick-ups, but could not find one that looked like MK's.

I looked for the white Chevy Suburban SUV in Stratford and Dayton, but could not find the same vehicle I spotted near Myers Lake at an address in Evansdale, which looks the same as a 1990 Chevy Suburban SUV.

On my computer, I could not bring Stratford and Dayton up as close as Evansdale.

IMO

How awful it would be to suspect everyone because you know not who is responsible for this terrible tragedy to your precious child. It has got to be a parent's worst nightmare.
When my aunt lost her precious 18 year old son everything about her changed, especially in the first 5 years. We always knew a big part of her was missing; sometimes she was so distant we were very frightened and concerned - the depression lasted a long time.
When I lost my bf due to suicide, my counselor explained the stages of grief and emphasized that it is normal to go through all stages at one's own pace (seven stages of grief: shock, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, hope). She said if you remain in one stage too long, that could be concerning, but most go through all stages eventually; in their own time.
The loss of my bf was in 1984 and I have returned to many of the stages since that time ... here it is almost 30 yrs. later. I don't think we ever "get over" the loss of a loved one.

How awful it would be to suspect everyone because you know not who is responsible for this terrible tragedy to your precious child. It has got to be a parent's worst nightmare.
When my aunt lost her precious 18 year old son everything about her changed, especially in the first 5 years. We always knew a big part of her was missing; sometimes she was so distant we were very frightened and concerned - the depression lasted a long time.
When I lost my bf due to suicide, my counselor explained the stages of grief and emphasized that it is normal to go through all stages at one's own pace (seven stages of grief: shock, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, hope). She said if you remain in one stage too long, that could be concerning, but most go through all stages eventually; in their own time.
The loss of my bf was in 1984 and I have returned to many of the stages since that time ... here it is almost 30 yrs. later. I don't think we ever "get over" the loss of a loved one.

BBM

I'm so sorry you and your loved ones have suffered such tragic losses.

I agree that a person never gets over such a trauma. In my own life, I was 12 when I went through a terrible experience. It changed who I was and it is still affecting me. But the great thing about only being able to experience time fully in a one directional fashion is that as time goes on, more and more events happen and start to act to insert distance between "then" and "now." I was blessed and lucky that many of the events between then and now have been joyful ones, so I have memories that are a pleasure to have as well as the one memory that is horrifying.

In a way, it's like breaking an arm. At the time of the fracture, it hurts like billy blue blazes. And then there's all the inconvenience and discomfort of a cast, the incessant ITCHING, etc. Then the cast comes off and OMG, is that shrunken thing really my arm??? So at first, the pain of the break is all a person can think about. Over time, more things happen and there's more to think about. Life goes on and within a few years, the immediacy of that moment of blinding pain is gone. It isn't forgotten but it becomes something one can choose to recall or not to think about.

And that's my hope for Elizabeth and Lyric's families: that their lives go on and are filled with joyous memories, so that over time they can choose to celebrate all the quirky little things that made Elizabeth and Lyric such special little girls rather than dwelling only on the horror.

In the case of the Collins family, there is the additional concern of having three living children, who all deserve to have happy, stable childhoods to form a firm foundation for their adult selves.

Sexual assault comes in many forms. He may have been aroused and sexually verbal with her. He may have used her sexually without penetration. He may have wanted to penetrate but had premature ejaculation. He may have been so sadistic that violence was a sex act. Ripping off her shirt was sexual assault in and of itself, period.

Hard to think about, but I have thought the premature dysfunction may be why he liked 2 victims as opposed to 1. Ugh! Sickening to think about! Still thanking the Good Lord above that little D was able to escape from whatever hell he had planned for her. :stormingmad:

Officials have provided few details about their investigation over the past year, a point that has frustrated both the public and the girls’ family members.

“It’s frustrating because you want to know, and you don’t get those answers,” Elizabeth’s father, Drew Collins, told The Des Moines Register last week.

Frustrating indeed! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thank you. Great article. More information: "As for the far corner of the park where the girls’ bikes were found, where investigators believed they encountered their kidnapper, city officials cut down a small copse of trees to make the trail visible to passing traffic on Interstate 380."

I didn't know that. I think my daughter and I will need to take a bike ride later and check it out.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22819417/...cement-attempt-in-belle-plaine#at_pco=cfd-1.0

Authorities investigating enticement attempt in Belle Plaine

uthorities say an 11-year-old girl was approached by a man in an orange colored van near 5th Avenue and 15th street just before 1:15 Thursday afternoon.

Police say the man in the van offered her a ride. The girl declined his offer and eventually ran to her grandmother's house after the man continued to follow her.

The suspect is described as a heavy-set white male with dark-colored hair. He was also described as wearing a black shirt with Iowa Hawkeye branding on it.

Thank you. Great article. More information: "As for the far corner of the park where the girls’ bikes were found, where investigators believed they encountered their kidnapper, city officials cut down a small copse of trees to make the trail visible to passing traffic on Interstate 380."

Not that it's not true (and probably likely)...but let's just keep in perspective that this particular section of the article is not quoted by LE making the statement. It's a statement made by Jeff Reinitz of the WCF Courier. I think 99% of people believe that is where they were abducted. That's where the bikes were found, so logically people assume that is where the abduction happened.

While one was pondering they could also assume that Elizabeth (and also Lyric since she lived with them) would have known their way to the lake and trail if they walked/rode the trail on their bikes while Drew and Heather walked the trail:
She and her husband, Drew, had strolled the path around to the back of the lake in the past.

:twocents:

Not that it's not true (and probably likely)...but let's just keep in perspective that this particular section of the article is not quoted by LE making the statement. It's a statement made by Jeff Reinitz of the WCF Courier. I think 99% of people believe that is where they were abducted. That's where the bikes were found, so logically people assume that is where the abduction happened.

While one was pondering they could also assume that Elizabeth (and also Lyric since she lived with them) would have known their way to the lake and trail if they walked/rode the trail on their bikes while Drew and Heather walked the trail:
She and her husband, Drew, had strolled the path around to the back of the lake in the past.

That is almost a reassuring thought. The more I see Heather the more respect I have for her.

Dad's of course would feel 100% responsible for what happens to their daughters, well most
Dads would. Drew does talk about the other kids so he's in touch with reality and has some
cushion to fall back on, but you can see how deeply difficult it is for him.

I pray there will be a silver lining for all concerned. My grandparents used to say: "It's
the small things in life that count most!"

:truce: Very true. LE, as from the very beginning, is not saying much of anything. Personally, it's just too perfect of a scenerio. First, there was no way the girls would have rode their bikes beyond their known boundaries to go as far as the lake and now the family says they took strolls there. And then for some reason the family is just absolutely certain this crime was committed by sexual predator. Oh my! Something just is not adding up for me. Somebody knows SOMETHING!! Gut feeling is this was not a sexually motivated crime. :jail: The more the family talks, the more questions I have :facepalm:

Community dinner planned for people who rallied around Evansdale cousins
Posted: Jul 10, 2013 11:17 AM CDT Updated: Jul 11, 2013 9:14 AM CDT
http://www.kwwl.com/story/22805371/2013/07/10/com

snipped:
On the anniversary of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins' disappearance, a community dinner is planned to show appreciation for people who have come together in support of the cousins and their families.
... A community dinner is planned for 3:00 p.m. this Saturday, July 13th at Lofty's Lounge in Evansdale.
... the event is open to the public.
"It's a way to say thank you to anyone who has volunteered in anyway, donated, or even just said a prayer,"
Is Lofty's Lounge a bar? It seems that might be a small venue if a large turnout is expected. I know Lofty's Lounge sponsored a bicycle ride/event last year for the girls. Does Evansdale have a community center? That would be a good place for an community dinner too. It's really hot here in Texas, so you guys might be in the midst of a heat wave too, but seems like that would be a good time for people to get out and see the new gazebo at Meyers Lake too - a community picnic perhaps? Guess it's just me. I keep thinking what's wrong with this picture. :fence:

Is Lofty's Lounge a bar? It seems that might be a small venue if a large turnout is expected. I know Lofty's Lounge sponsored a bicycle ride/event last year for the girls. Does Evansdale have a community center? That would be a good place for an community dinner too. It's really hot here in Texas, so you guys might be in the midst of a heat wave too, but seems like that would be a good time for people to get out and see the new gazebo at Meyers Lake too - a community picnic perhaps? Guess it's just me. I keep thinking what's wrong with this picture. :fence:

No, it is not just you who thinks this way, my friend.

That cute American phrase "hinky" is all over this mess.

:truce: :floorlaugh:

:seeya:

Yes, it's a bar. It's going to be mid 80's here tomorrow. I have never been to this bar so I have no idea how big it is. Maybe it has an outdoor area...???

Maybe they're just not expecting that many to attend.

A lot of folks have already donated.

Hinkydale, Iowa. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members