George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may have missed the fact that they were plainclothes LE.

No,I understand they were plainclothed LE.The story goes that GZ thought his friend was being attacked and jumped into the fray.
It was GZ that said he didn't know they were LE.
The point being....IMO,is that this is yet another example of GZ taking matters into his own hands.
IMO

Why? Wives don't have to testify. We know that as a point of law. She was not there. She has nothing to add to the event.

Non issue.

Wouldn't Zimmerman's wife have been an excellent witness to verify it was Zimmerman's voice screaming on the tape? I'd think the wife would have been a better witness re: GZ's screaming voice than some of the witnesses called by the Defense. JMO

Hi, normally I just lurk as everyone has said everything so well long before I get here, but I've seen this over & over & have a few questions to ask. If he had made it home why would he have the skittles & drink still with him? Why wouldn't he have left them at home? If he was home & he knew he was going out to confront someone why wouldn't he have grabbed a weapon? I'm sorry but I don't get this part, I don't see any evidence that says he made it home at all.

If it makes you feel better, I don't necessarily think he made it home either. And I am in favor of non-guilty/self-defense. It is easily plausible to me that he was just hiding out in the darkness of that middle path. I do however believe (using the culmination of evidence that was presented to me) that he did intentionally take the opportunity to jump George when he was walking back to his truck. Just my view of events, and my opinion only.

IMO

Personally, I don't give a flying fig how baggy TM's pants may or may not have been.

What matters to me is the evidence that the State presented (or failed to present, as the case may be) to try to prove 2nd degree murder.

I'm pretty sure he said it hadn't been stretched, period. And given that GZ was shorter than TM, he wouldn't have been pulling it up, he would have been pulling it down. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I did not hear that. He showed pulling the hoodie from left and right so holes would not line up. He would not show pulling straight out for obvious reasons.
IMO

I need to start saving the things I post to microsoft word or something...

Was not trying to start an argument.

I just think that if GZ had the time and awareness to get out his gun and aim, he had the time and awareness to give TM a warning to stop or I'll shoot, which he has never did said he did...... or to aim somewhere differently.

This is why many of us never post. Some on here just cannot tolerate other opinions without trying to refute anything that they disagree with.

Back to just reading.

We're allowed to disagree here.

No,I understand they were plainclothed LE.The story goes that GZ thought his friend was being attacked and jumped into the fray.
It was GZ that said he didn't know they were LE.
The point being....IMO,is that this is yet another example of GZ taking matters into his own hands.
IMO

I don't know about the men you have known...but the ones I know would stand up to defend their friends....especially when drunk.

Wouldn't Zimmerman's wife have been an excellent witness to verify it was Zimmerman's voice screaming on the tape? I'd think the wife would have been a better witness re: GZ's screaming voice than some of the witnesses called by the Defense. JMO

It really is not relevant she is going to say it is gz and I believe it is gz. But I don't think it would have made a difference for her to say so and she can not be compelled so it is what it is.

Well, let me add:
If that was some kind of life and death struggle and TM's pants were so freaken baggy...then I would think that they would have been shimmied down to his pristine white tennis shoes. GZ was supposedly shrimping and shimmying about and TM supposedly had GZ' hefty behind pinned to the ground. If those pants were so baggy then how the heck did they stay up in this battle for GZ's life?

THe answer to that is I have no idea and didn't pretend to. I was only addressing what he could have meant by that skipping comment. However I will say that you can youtube any of the bazillion fight videos and watch alot of those guys fight with those big baggy pants. I honestly don't know how they keep them up walking much less in a fight but many do. JMOO

I am truly dumbfounded about the continual recoil comments....do you not think for ONE second that the prosecution would have brought that to light if that was even a remote possibility? I mean, why wouldn't they, that would be the "smoking gun" per se.....???

GZ was punched by TM as evidenced by photos that we all have seen.

GZ had some facial injuries but the photos didn't show where they came from.

It seems to me that peeps think if Z gets LESS than what they think appropriate, it's because the state blew it, or didn't have enough evidence.

Peeps that think he will get MORE than what they think appropriate, thinks the jurors will use emotions rather than facts or may be afraid of the backlash.

That's just my sense - how do you guys feel?

It was an UNDERCOVER ATF officer, and GZ claims that he did not know it was an LE officer at the time. He was in a club with his friend, who was being dragged out by two men in plainclothes. he scuffled with one, to help hisd friend, who he thought was being assaulted.
Oh so maybe Trayvon didn't know this creepy guy following him was a overly zealous neighbor hood watch guy so where does the argument go from here?

I just realized something about myself. I haven't been on websleuths for a long time--I went back and read some of my old posts. I 'discovered' by doing that that (apparently) I start out one way (probably mostly affected by media coverage), but later (after watching the trial), I "usually" have a complete reversal in what I originally thought! Geez. What does this say about me..not sure. Maybe what it says is that it is no good to make snap judgements. I'm very guilty of it. Perhaps the only trial where I maintained my decision 100% throughout was "OJ".

Not misinterpreted. ACTUAL WORDS.

It is one thing if she had only said "around" but she said AT. when asked again for the reporter she said AT again.

I have to let you know no one wanted more than me to see the murder proved. But it just isn't there. It isn't. Not enough that anything happened but how he said. And in this case the doubt always go for the defense.

I queued the video to the point where she is stating it and she says "in the area"...

http://youtu.be/_iYVUt3_HOQ?t=1h18m13s

Serious question. Trying to understand Florida law. Would it be true then that as soon as he struck/shoved/whatever the LE, they could have shot him dead as long as they later said at the moment GZ made physical contact with them, they feared for their life?

The answer would be yes ... if their claim of fearing for their life didn't get them laughed out of the force by their fellow cops first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member