Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not he wants to be a cop actually has nothing to do with this case.

There are people out there who are wanna-be's and are very dangerous to the population. Zimmerman certainly sounds that way to me, but that's just my opinion.

I heard he thought Trayvon was with cousin, and Trayvon was not identified for 3 days...but don't know where I read that.

The cousin part was stated in an interview I read. But it was the next day that Tracy was able to reach the cousin on the phone (he couldn't the night before) and was able to determine that TM was not with the cousin. The night of the incident Tracy and his fiance/girlfriend came in the front entrance of her condo. They were not aware of anything going on around back. Iirc, they got home around 10 or 11pm.

And don't forget the former Sanford Police Choef who was summarily dismissed..he I betcha has a suit in the air..Looks like FL will be seeing some law suits...

Seems that the part of Bill Lee trying to resign first, and being denied to be allowed to do this, and then having a finding of no trust in the chief led to his firing. Bill Lee was brought in to clean up the Sanford Police Department's issues. He failed to do this job so he was fired.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57457503/sanford-fla-police-chief-bill-lee-fired/

http://sacson.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/bill-lee-named-sanford-chief-of-police/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-lieutenant-justin-collison-police-department

The moral to the story, if you have a gun permit and you carry, stay away from suspicious people at night. Stay in your truck but do not approach. Don't say negative things about people. There are many more responsibilities. I would never want to carry. So many bad things can happen not in your favor. IMO

I agree with you Knicksgal, this guy should never have gone after him in the first place, no cause. He seems to think he's a cop and a racist one at that !

This is exactly the states case, they say that TM is dead because GZ got out of the car. Ignoring pretty much anything else that happened after the 'get out of the car' part. Unfortunately for the state (and those who side with them), that is not the law in the state of Florida. The law says it's perfectly legal to get out of your car and it's also perfectly legal to walk in your neighborhood. It's even legal to ask someone 'who are you' if you believe RJ. So until someone can prove via actual evidence of GZ actually physically assaulting TM, then the state has no case.

You cannot convict based on what if's, theories, suppositions, maybe's, etc.

The sound on the non emergency recorded call continues for several seconds after Zimmerman says OK. Then the sound stops before Zimmerman is off the phone with the dispatcher. So why did the sound stop, if it was "wind" as some have claimed, if Zimmerman was not in his truck? The dispatcher also asked for an address as to where Zimmerman was before Zimmerman was out of his truck, yet Zimmerman claims that he was simply looking for an address to give instead of following Trayvon who "ran" towards the back gate.

MOO

I think the wind noise would change if you moved to a place that was out of the wind. When I'm talking to my daughter and she's outside, it even changes if she turns her head.

GZ said he went to find a street sign, not the house number. I think that's why he told the NEN operator to call him when they arrived. The house numbers were visable but not a street sign. JMO

You're right. I forgot to add. IMO, following someone in your car, then following the on foot, then running after them is harassment. The point was he wasn't doing anything but walking around. No crime in that. Yet that didn't stop captain neighborhood watch from repeatedly calling TM a suspect. How many of those other calls to NEN did he follow? What was he going to do when he "caught" TM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, you can follow at a distance. Not trying to bash your post or your opinion in any way, but one can easily follow someone to report their activities to dispatch. Also when one takes into consideration the two people in question, I find it hard to believe TM couldn't outrun GZ if he wished to. Of course we will never know who was running, who was walking, or if one hid in the shadows or in a bush to ambush the other, with any degree of certainty.

BBM

I too have wondered how much of the incident she really heard.

To be so traumatized about this to the point that you don't tell a single person, and resist the police investigation so vehemently along the way is telling. It feels more to me like she is hiding something rather than just grieving.

If anybody has the phone record details, or can point us in the right direction, that would be great.

IMO

The guy from Cellebrite was testifing about the data extraction of the hidden texts messages. There were 6 messages about buying or selling guns and he said the user id names on these messages. One of the names was diamond.
IIRC, didn't Dee Dee use the alias name diamond Eugene.

Sunny, I didn't originally post this, I was responding to someone who posted it - who has since said it was a misunderstanding of a news broadcast.

IMHO

thanks for clearing it up....I thought I was losing my mind! LOL:scared::scared:

Now that the State of Florida has stand your ground, self defense claims have tripled in courts. IMO

We have had it since 2005 http://www.gunlaws.com/FloridaCastleDoctrine.htm

You make a statement and end it with IMO....are there any actual statistics on this. I did not find any meaningful ones in a quick search.

If you are right I am wondering if it means more cases are being tried in court or just that there have been many changes in Florida in 8 years and this might be reflected.

THis is completely my opinion:

I don't think we'll know if he feels remorse until much later. I think his attorneys have purposely told him to give the "I wouldn't change anything" type statements. WHy? Because I think if he admitted that "Yeah maybe I should have stayed in the car." etc it opens that door further for manslaughter because it would be definitive that he could have avoided the incident. Therefore I think that the attorneys had him stick simply with his story of "Nope I was getting an address so I wasn't doing anything wrong so why should I change it."

You're right. I forgot to add. IMO, following someone in your car, then following the on foot, then running after them is harassment. The point was he wasn't doing anything but walking around. No crime in that. Yet that didn't stop captain neighborhood watch from repeatedly calling TM a suspect. How many of those other calls to NEN did he follow? What was he going to do when he "caught" TM?

In his call to the police, Zimmerman said "these (expletive), they always get away". He was going to make sure this one didn't.

It's in his recorded conversation with 911...

My main point of my original post was that there is no proof for either person starting the fight.

IMO, TM was defending himself....in your opinion, GZ was.

I'm just saying neither scenario is proven fact.

Your post stating that he admitted questioning Martin is incorrect.

IMHO

Does anyone know at what time jurors usually stop deliberating for the day? Is it whenever they want to stop?

If you watch the re-enactment, GZ says TM sucker punched (my words) him at the T and he stumbled back and fell. Although he doesn't state he got back up he obviously did b/c he said they continued down the dog walk path and TM (again my words) was still trying to start an altercation, and GM continued to push him away trying to keep a distance between them.

I've been trying to avoid getting involved in this discussion, and the reason I'm posting this is because this morning I was wondering too about how the ear buds and phone ended where they did. So, from the re-enactment, GZ only states he went down at the T and doesn't say that TM mounted him at that point but that it kept esculating as they proceeded down the dog walk.

MOO

I appreciate your response.I did watch the re-enactment but didn't see much of anything from GZ as to how the body of TM ended up further down from the start of the T.
GZ was very detailed but left out how that happened.
Unless they rolled down that way....One or both would have had to have moved in that direction away from the T.
If it had been GZ heading away from TM...he probably would have said so during the acting out of events.
So now I wonder if TM was moving away from GZ.
Ah well...no matter at this point.Just curious.
IMO

For the record, you can follow at a distance. Not trying to bash your post or your opinion in any way, but one can easily follow someone to report their activities to dispatch. Also when one takes into consideration the two people in question, I find it hard to believe TM couldn't outrun GZ if he wished to. Of course we will never know who was running, who was walking, or if one hid in the shadows or in a bush to ambush the other, with any degree of certainty.

Hi Dewey. That sounds like reasonable doubt to me. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken