Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Knicksgal, this guy should never have gone after him in the first place, no cause. He seems to think he's a cop and a racist one at that !

Janesdean,
Please don't get our thread shut down. The Mods just said NOT to mention racism. Please respect that.

Respectfully, I can't agree that this case should have never gone to trial. There were no witnesses, no surveillance tape, nothing but the words of George Zimmerman.

In a perfect world a man's word would be enough, but sadly…we don't live in a perfect world. Trayvon's family deserves to learn as much as can possibly be learned as to why their loved one no longer walks this earth.:twocents:

IMO, They did learn as much as possible and they did not like the answer the Sanford police department gave then so then they decided to take their childhood photos of Trayvon to the media and hire Crump three days after this happened in order to get George arrested.

JMO

Hi MeeBee,
I did not bold that "you", I promise. I am on an iPad and don't know how to bold anything. :scared:

Yes, I was speaking in general.:seeya:

I'm on an iPad too and boy! Does it ever want to change almost every word...and bolting I'd just have to hand code!

Someone punches me once and then walks away? I might run back home crying and tell my loved ones.

Someone punches me more than once? I will use whatever weapon I have to defend myself. No hesitations at all.

I am an anti-gun liberal, but I thoroughly support your right to self-defense.

I don't think it's hard to believe at all except although I think GZ is guilty, I don't believe it is a master mind thing going on. I think GZ hangs around Le, he's studying criminology and he's gone on ride patrols with LE. He knows how they report an incident - far different than a citizen does and that's how he reported his own crime - as if he was LE.

He's a wanna be LE and he "parrots" their style. Easy.

It's like guys who wear fatigues and run around saying booyah even though they've never been near the armed forces. Just wannabe imitators is all.

He wants to be LE and is studying criminology so he should know the first thing about Miranda yet doesn't lawyer up.

Sure it's possible, it's just not logical. I was shocked that even Jeffery Toobin agreed it was a stretch to think this.

Does anyone know at what time jurors usually stop deliberating for the day? Is it whenever they want to stop?

In this case, the judge has allowed them to set their own hours. If i recall correctly they broke after 6 last night.

IMHO

GZ never said dozens of times.

I want to confirm I'm right on this. I have checked all the transcripts I have and can find nothing where he says he was punched in the face dozens of times, which is what Guy claimed. Can anybody source it?

I know he told Hannity:

HANNITY: How many times would you estimate that he punched you?
ZIMMERMAN: Several. More than a dozen.

But that's not dozens, and that could include other targets than the face.

Whether or not he wants to be a cop actually has nothing to do with this case.

Here we go again. In your opinion it has nothing to do with this crime - in my opinion it has everything to do with it.

All of GZ statements about what happened were all self serving.

IMO

His mouth got him in trouble. Next time GZ better just keep his mouth shut if he can't say something nice about someone.

The things he said in the Sean Hannity interview make me think GZ is less than human. He said, "It was God's will." He says there is nothing he would do differently if he had it to do all over again. That's disgusting! (IMHO)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRRLnwCgcoI"]Zimmerman Says it Was God's Will, No Regret For Trayvon's Death - YouTube[/ame]

I'm on an iPad too and boy! Does it ever want to change almost every word...and bolting I'd just have to hand code!

Quoting my own post to show my iPad wrote "bolting" when I meant "bolding."

Like having a toddler.

Are we suppose to accept people being killed in their homes? "Numerous robberies" happened before GZ became watch volunteer and were the reason for him doing so.

And the timeline of events indicate GZ didn't come face to face with Martin until TM jumped him out of the dark.

Jumped him out of the dark? You mean from the imaginary bush? And exactly which version of events did he say this in?

I will say it again. TM was not committing a crime. You are essentially advocating fear of all young black males. IMO fear breeds hate. GZ was wrong about TM that night. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he is a child. Remember?

I don't want to go back and find the op so jumping off your post, but also remember that the reason Tracy called first thing in the morning was because he was supposed to be leaving with Trayvon. And he didn't call to report him missing. He and Brandy called juvenile and the sheriff's dept to see if he'd been picked up first.

jmo

I have to chuckle...so did Jodi Arias...well, at least with calling LE.
But, seriously, I have to wonder if GZ enjoyed all of this interaction with LE. I wish I had seen or heard some remorse from this person. I wish he had testified so I could hear his fear...and his sadness now. But, I truly believe that he righteously feels justified for killing TM...and that bothers me.

To GZ, TM was trying to kill him. He probably still believes that to this day. If someone was raping you and you shot and killed them, I'd don't doubt you would feel justified as well.

The cousin part was stated in an interview I read. But it was the next day that Tracy was able to reach the cousin on the phone (he couldn't the night before) and was able to determine that TM was not with the cousin. The night of the incident Tracy and his fiance/girlfriend came in the front entrance of her condo. They were not aware of anything going on around back. Iirc, they got home around 10 or 11pm.

That also tells you there weren't LE crawling all over the complex as some have claimed. And there certainly wasn't a note or a card on the door asking them to call LE...

I don't think it is that surprising they would break at 3 pm on a Saturday. This is the weekend. They have been at it all week. I would want to break early and rest and ponder a bit as well. I don't think it means for sure they are 'hung.' Maybe they are making progress and need a break from reading documents and looking at evidence. JMO
Considering that it has been reported that the public may not be made aware of the verdict immediately, (to have time for LE to prepare for any backlash), I think it may be possible that a verdict has already been reached.
I HOPE anyway.
This waiting is so hard for us, I just can't imagine what it is like for either of the families.

IMO

Considering that it has been reported that the public may not be made aware of the verdict immediately, (to have time for LE to prepare for any backlash), I think it may be possible that a verdict has already been reached.
I HOPE anyway.
This waiting is so hard for us, I just can't imagine what it is like for either of the families.

If a verdict is reached it will be announced.

His mouth got him in trouble. Next time GZ better just keep his mouth shut if he can't say something nice about someone.

What did he say to TM that is backed up by evidence that warranted him getting in trouble? TM never heard what GZ said on the phone.

Why are you starting with me? Someone asked why his dad didn't report him missing and I was informing them that he did in fact report him missing.

MeeBee,
I am not starting anything. I thought we were here to discuss the issue. IMO his dad should have NOTICED he wasn't home by midnight. He was 17. However, the prosecutor in closing referred to him as a child.

I won't respond to your posts anymore. I THOUGHT we coud all have differing views here.:seeya:

Here we go again. In your opinion it has nothing to do with this crime - in my opinion it has everything to do with it.

All of GZ statements about what happened were all self serving.

IMO

No. It doesn't. The testimony showed that GZ wanted to become a lawyer. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12