Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. because it is not me saying so.. It is actual testimony. I am not making it up or stretching it. Her actual words are..

" HE SAID HE AT.... "

It is not my spin. I have no reason to want to spin anything.

Yes it is your spin. She says a few other things about the conversation as well. She also says BY. I'm done arguing with you about it. GZ said he was going toward TM then says TM was coming toward him. He also says he jumped out of bushes and that TM walked toward him. Sorry. It's all spin. His statements aren't consistent either.

I don't agree with you. I've said many times before, I think he is guilty of manslaughter. Lets move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you close your eyes, the woman in the hat sounds JUST like Wanda Sykes! IMO.. Just wish she was as funny :(

Yes, she does! She seems to have a lot of anger in her. She does remind me of some of the older black women I know. So much pain and anger in them.
(this is not racist -- lol...I'm black)

Have you ever been a teen in a neighborhood and some guy is following you, you think you lose him and he shows up again. You are doing nothing wrong but talking on the phone headed home from 7-11, with some candy and an Arizona drink, with the All-Star game and the score on your mind. Then the guy confronts you again...I would say that I would be in fear of my life. I can't imagine the fear in Trayvon! Alone, in the dark, raining out, being hunted down, profiled, followed...

I firmly believe the GZ grabbed Trayvon, not wanting another #^&%#%$) to get away. Don't forget that RJ testified that Trayvon said GET OFF, GET OFF! If we are going to believe every word she says, we have to believe this is factual as well. Can't have it both ways.. MOO

No, don't you understand? Only parts of RJ's testimony were credible. The rest was hogwash. Rachel totally knew what Trayvon said one second then embellished the next. JUST THE FACTS IN EVIDENCE.

Isn't there such a thing in law as "Fighting words?" Words so egregious that they can legally provoke a physical response. I seem to remember something like that. Not arguing here. Maybe someone knows.

"Fighting words" are used in a Constitutional sense as a restraint on free speech, but during 4 years of law school, that is the only time they have been referenced. There really is no such doctrine otherwise.

This is a good read I found on the "he didn't deserve to die" theory and the legal matters in this case...love the Conclusion:

"Conclusion
Dr. Sweet’s grandfatherly advice: The law assumes that you are a mature adult. It expects you to act like a mature adult. Mature adults do not hit each other. No matter how provoked you think you are, no matter how angry or upset you may be. Try to deliver an “*advertiser censored*-whoopin” and you risk death or imprisonment."

read more at http://ccwvslaw.org/item/848

And from the fact that the fight happens closer to where GZ said he was. Only feet away from the path where he said he was walking. That fits the evidence.. I am not bending anything to make it fit.. It fits on its own.. Along with RJ saying that TM spoke to GZ first. Not the other way around.

Yes, "why are you following me"...then, "GET OFF, GET OFF"

Clearly, by the facts and evidence GZ attacked Trayvon first. JMO

Enumerated powers of a Virginia Supreme Court Judge Magistrate for those interested. (But, as you say, where the significance to this case is, is (TeeHee) beyond me.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-45

LOL. Well it really had no significance for me other than to say his Dad was a Magistrate Judge and GZ is respectful to the court by addressing the Judge as your honor because of this fact. No one said he was a trial judge. Just that GZ's father and mother worked within the court system and GZ is respectful because this was the way he was raised. That's it. And it's JMO.

Has anyone said if they reach a verdict tonight how long it would be until they announce it?

I think RJ got sick of West asking her the same thing over and over again and she just simplified and generalized her answer. IMO

IMO I think RJ was rude, simply rude... and if her parents were behind her would have shaken her into respect..again JMO

I read somewhere that GZ and his wife were both going to Target. When GZ saw Trayvon, he took his wife home and got his gun. Has anyone ever heard this? Truth or Rumor? tia

I was on a jury for a week last summer and our jury room had a little fridge, coffee and tea, a sink and microwave, and a TV to watch tv during lunch.

The bailiff brought us home baked cookies one day.

I practically wanted to move in!

One of these jurors is the mother of eight kids. :panic: I am thinking she is NOT in a big hurry to leave the private hotel room. She might want to stretch this vacation out a bit. I would. LOL

I wish I could watch Dr. Drew without all the yelling and screaming. Certain people he has on the show make me want to gouge out my eyeballs. lol

Have you ever been a teen in a neighborhood and some guy is following you, you think you lose him and he shows up again. You are doing nothing wrong but talking on the phone headed home from 7-11, with some candy and an Arizona drink, with the All-Star game and the score on your mind. Then the guy confronts you again...I would say that I would be in fear of my life. I can't imagine the fear in Trayvon! Alone, in the dark, raining out, being hunted down, profiled, followed...

I firmly believe the GZ grabbed Trayvon, not wanting another #^&%#%$) to get away. Don't forget that RJ testified that Trayvon said GET OFF, GET OFF! If we are going to believe every word she says, we have to believe this is factual as well. Can't have it both ways.. MOO

I have believed from the beginning it was Trayvon screaming for help. I continue to believe that. Voice sounds to me like a young man. Screaming stops immediately after gunshot. imo

I have to say, No, I've never been in a fight. I've never climbed Mt. Everest, either, but I can tell you how it's done.

Ah, But, you could not possibly imagine how cold you might be or how hard it might be to breathe or sleep or walk with heavy equipment. Big difference. Some knowledge is better gained by actual experience than armchair QBing.

Have you ever been assaulted? or under threat? I am not asking to be snarky but to give you reference..

I have. And it feels like it is forever. Hits to the head feel incredible. They shake you and stun you. When you are being hit they may hit you a couple of times but it feels like forever and it hurts. I don't know that you are counting. You are surviving..

It is a horrid feeling to feel someone have that kind of control over you and be hurting you like that.

In the dark, Alone, Bring held down on the ground and beaten, I can only imagine what that felt like. Struggling and getting hit and screaming for help and no one is there.. No one..

Im sorry. I would be in fear for my life and person.

What you just described could be equally ascribed to TM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYVUt3_HOQ&feature=youtu.be

1:18:20 she says.. She asked him where he at and he said..

"HE AT The back of his daddy fiance house.. "

Then she says.. You know the area... Then she says area again.. Like she knew that it was not a good thing she said AT..

But she said AT.

sorry but you have been and continue to misrepresent this. she did not say he was AT his father's fiance's house. read your own quote! ''he at the back of his daddy fiance house'' is NOT the same as your unending insistence that he was at the house.

further, it's about time to stop with the constant, negative insinuations about the victims in this case. i speak here of RJ. have you spent any time with inner city youth and young adults? they do not speak the way you might want to believe they do. they aren't precise about anything. ever. it is cultural. it is a different world, one that many here seem unwilling to recognize exists in america. but it does. perhaps if more people would take notice, the world would be better and innocent kids/adults alike wouldn't end up shot by paranoid, narcissistic dudes with guns.

aye yie yie

MOO

I do not believe GZ sustained those injuries like he claimed, I believe he bashed his own head when he was in the scuffle. When he was asked how TM bashed his head in the pavement, he couldn't answer it. If there is movement going on in a fight, and you are on the bottom, you can hit your own head on ground by trying to get up, then may have gotten pushed down again so I think GZ is, once again, exaggerating... This is MY OPINION ONLY and may not be fact, I wasn't there and neither was anyone else who can claim otherwise :twocents:

IMO a confirmation of the weakness of the case against GZ.

Because there is no reason to say At, unless he said it to her.. Around, Near are descriptions that she makes.. But when she quotes him.. she says.. AT. because that is what TM told her.

So, do you put the same weight in her testimony (11:19:19 on the same Youtube) when she says TM said "Oh, s**t, *****is behind me"?
And at 11:20 she hears TM say "Why are you following me for?"
Heavy breathing man says : "Whats you doing around here?"
And at 11:22, she hears TM say "Get off, get off........."...and phone goes dead...?
Or do you believe only her testimony that TM told her he was "At" his dad's fiance's, but not the other part of her testimony?
Not snark, just wondering what you believe is credible and non-credible in her testimony.

Wow I went to the store to get a few things and the board filled up. No matter what the outcome of this trial is I think the legislators need to rewrite this law. I think it's way to vague, and needs to be explained in a way that people will know exactly what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member