IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the tragic story of my friend that Drew & Heather so unselfishly recognized today in presenting him a stone.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ne...cle_285b58fe-dcfb-563c-abab-86fca17403e5.html

this link is in the above article, but I will also place here. This is the newstory regarding the case:

http://wcfcourier.com/app/special/fitz_article.jpg

FYI: Rodger was instrumental in solving a missing person case a few months ago in his current town involving Katrina Smith, murdered by her husband. WS covered this case. Found Deceased IL - Katrina A. Smith, 30, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2 *ARREST* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I remember reading this story recently, and I also vaguely remember this murder, but I was only 9 at the time. I recall riding by that apartment building with my mother, and her saying that a child was murdered in the attic. I still think of that when I occasionally drive by.

As far as Rodger Day, can you give a brief description as to what he did to help solve the case?

Back when we were looking for missing Katrina Smith in Machesney Park, IL (near Rockport, IL) - Rodger went out with searchers and organized search groups almost daily for several days (this was in freezing cold weather!). He has a large circle of friends that he got to join in the searches. His dog; Bobbi tracked a scent to the river during a search (I believe this may have led to locating the murder weapon) and they also located evidence that was discarded in the area where Katrina's SUV was left, also near the river. Katrina's husband is currently arrested.

Back when we were looking for missing Katrina Smith in Machesney Park, IL (near Rockport, IL) - Rodger went out with searchers and organized search groups almost daily for several days (this was in freezing cold weather!). He has a large circle of friends that he got to join in the searches. His dog; Bobbi tracked a scent to the river during a search (I believe this may have led to locating the murder weapon) and they also located evidence that was discarded in the area where Katrina's SUV was left, also near the river. Katrina's husband is currently arrested.

Wow, impressive!! Did his dog have special training? Thank goodness for him, and people like him. As my daughter said tonight while watching the coverage of the ride, "people in small towns are awesome!"

Heather looked especially beautiful today - I believe the angels are around her, giving her the strength and courage to go on. She really is a remarkable woman IMHO.

I agree. The whole town looked good. Many have posted on fb for the girls so it was nice to read the news, fb & here.

Big ole hug to all of the community & especially to the family & friends. Tough day.

I knew I knew him for somewhere (case) and thank you.... I archived Katrina Smith's case and that is it.

Rodger was only 4 years old when his little sister Shelley was murdered.

The story was also on the KWWL news at 6:00. The reporter said that over 350 motorcycles rode today. If my calculations are correct that would mean they raised at least $7,000! I think Elizabeth's grandpa & uncle were interviewed. I'm sure it will be on at 10:00, too.

The interviews and the vid/story is in the archive now. I'm glad to see that support is going strong and the coverage was good today and in the last few days.

Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...&page=1&_suid=1373782360647021486557709206394

Unedited interview with Heather and Drew. It's almost an hour long and I just got started and need to go to bed. I have learned a few things in the first several minutes that I didn't know or have forgotten. Heather says she left for the hospital to have her blood drawn when Wylma arrived that Friday and she was gone about an hour and a half to two hours.

I don't recall hearing that Drew took Elizabeth and a friend out for ice cream on Thursday night, either (if I understand what he means).

Drew: I'm glad, the night, the day before I got uh watch her play baseball and I took her and her friend out for ice cream. We had a - Thursday night was really good.

I don't recall the Collins saying before now that they don't know if the girls were abducted at the lake or elsewhere, although that isn't much of a surprise. Also, as I recall it was said (by Aunt T, I believe) that Drew identified the girls' bikes but I don't remember anyone saying before this interview that Drew was with LE when the girls' bikes were found.

Drew: We don't know if they were even here (Meyers Lake).

Heather: Yeah. We don't know if they were really even here or if their bikes were planted. They could have been taken out in front of our house like on the side of our house or something, too. We don't know. You know, they were seen at 12:15 down the street, and uh, seen at like 12:15, and 12:30, again, and then they just vanished. And I started looking for 'em - my son started looking for them around 12:45, and then, I went out at 1:00 in the car, started searching, searching, searching, could not find them, and I went to the police station and, uh, just reported them missing and so they followed me to the house and they came through and looked through the house just to make sure sometimes, they have kids that will fall asleep and ... they can hear them all the kids are in the bedroom or whatever, so, um, they didn't find 'em so they hopped in the car with him (Drew) and they drove around and that's where they found their bikes was down here (Meyers Lake).

I'm on my laptop and the sound isn't particularly good. Right after Heather says that the girls "were seen at 12:15 down the street" the person doing the interview asks a question but her voice is so faint that I can't understand her. I think it sounds like she's asking if it's a neighbor who saw them down the street at 12:15 and Drew seems to answer, "Yeah" but the interviewer's voice is so faint that I could be wrong. Maybe someone else with better sound can determine what she is asking.

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/featur...ete-interview-drew-heather-collins-1463.shtml

Here's an interview from kcrg. It lasts about 20 minutes.

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/WATCH-Collins-Family-Interview-215382521.html

Unedited interview with Heather and Drew. It's almost an hour long and I just got started and need to go to bed. I have learned a few things in the first several minutes that I didn't know or have forgotten. Heather says she left for the hospital to have her blood drawn when Wylma arrived that Friday and she was gone about an hour and a half to two hours.

I don't recall hearing that Drew took Elizabeth and a friend out for ice cream on Thursday night, either (if I understand what he means).

I don't recall the Collins saying before now that they don't know if the girls were abducted at the lake or elsewhere, although that isn't much of a surprise. Also, as I recall it was said (by Aunt T, I believe) that Drew identified the girls' bikes but I don't remember anyone saying before this interview that Drew was with LE when the girls' bikes were found.

I'm on my laptop and the sound isn't particularly good. Right after Heather says that the girls "were seen at 12:15 down the street" the person doing the interview asks a question but her voice is so faint that I can't understand her. I think it sounds like she's asking if it's a neighbor who saw them down the street at 12:15 and Drew seems to answer, "Yeah" but the interviewer's voice is so faint that I could be wrong. Maybe someone else with better sound can determine what she is asking.

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/featur...ete-interview-drew-heather-collins-1463.shtml

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/WATCH-Collins-Family-Interview-215382521.html

But a dog found their scent at the lake and it went to the edge of the lake? That in part was what caused (them) to drain the lake?

I am so glad the public response was so large today. That has to bolster both the families and LE! That the public has not forgotten this matter and is still a support ...

Praying for you Elizabeth, Lyric and your families and friends. I hope they find and prosecute whoever did this soon. God Bless you.

Just watched the unedited interview with Drew and Heather Collins. Wow, just wow...they are both very genuine. They are very determined advocates in keeping Elizabeth and Lyric's memories alive and will be the catalyst for making necessary positive changes in IA abduction laws..imo..

The statement made by Drew about the person that dumped L & L's remains at the 7 bridges location like a bag of trash, was very telling, imo.. Imo, this narrows down the suspect pool in L & L's abduction tremendously..
Ask yourself, what are the personality traits of a person(being generous) that could accomplish this level of evil/darkness? What are the probabilities of there being another active child predator/murderer, with no human emotions, only a few counties away?

Read More at: http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/featur...ete-interview-drew-heather-collins-1463.shtml

I've watched the 1st 30 minutes. I think the interviewer asked if it was the camera that spotted them at 12:15 and he said "yeah". What stuck out to me most so far, was the last moments that Drew and Heather had with Elizabeth the night before and morning of the kidnapping. It brought me to tears to hear him talk about tucking her in bed & how excited she sounded about her birthday.

Just watched the unedited interview with Drew and Heather Collins. Wow, just wow...they are both very genuine. They are very determined advocates in keeping Elizabeth and Lyric's memories alive and will be the catalyst for making necessary positive changes in IA abduction laws..imo..

The statement made by Drew about the person that dumped L & L's remains at the 7 bridges location like a bag of trash, was very telling, imo.. Imo, this narrows down the suspect pool in L & L's abduction tremendously..
Ask yourself, what are the personality traits of a person(being generous) that could accomplish this level of evil/darkness? What are the probabilities of there being another active child predator/murderer, with no human emotions, only a few counties away?

Read More at: http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/featur...ete-interview-drew-heather-collins-1463.shtml

The #1 trait is near total detachment. Maybe a little guilt?

The perp took a big risk in my estimation going to 7-Bridges at all. Whether intended or not the perp left open the chance the girl's remains would be found, and the perp would be sighted coming and going.

You must remember perps generally have choices ... and the choices they make defines them and the situation to some extent.

Now if we knew WHEN the bodies were put at 7-Bridges ... but of course we will maybe never know that thanks to law enforcement. (for better or for worse!). LE is taking some huge risks also, in mho. :twocents:

The #1 trait is near total detachment. Maybe a little guilt?

The perp took a big risk in my estimation going to 7-Bridges at all. Whether intended or not the perp left open the chance the girl's remains would be found, and the perp would be sighted coming and going.

You must remember perps generally have choices ... and the choices they make defines them and the situation to some extent.

Now if we knew WHEN the bodies were put at 7-Bridges ... but of course we will maybe never know that thanks to law enforcement. (for better or for worse!). LE is taking some huge risks also, in mho. :twocents:

georger, imo, due to the initial investigation being focused on the lake for days; a deflection as intended by the abductor. This opinion is based on the location and purse and bicycles. Time, full foliage and tree canopy, as well as the distance of the secluded area of the remains locations were all to the advantage of the predator..and were not coincidental, imo..
We have discussed the many advantages of the 7 bridges location many times prior..

Jmo, but I don't think the perp has any intention on deflect the investion by staging the bikes. I think the bikes were found where the girls left them and where they were abducted from.

7 bridges is less than an hour from Meyers Park - the perp only need an hour or so of time to do his dirty deed .......... in most cases, the victims of an abduction are murdered within the first 24 hours. Our girls were murdered and, personally, I believe this to be the result of a sick perverted pedophile (who may also be classified as a serial killer as they are often one in the same).

I am so amazed at the love and support the family has been shown by the community. This is a terrible, terrible thing that someone has done to our girls. :stormingmad:

yes, I truly believe Heather & Drew were wonderful parents whose children (and niece) meant the world to them.

They are kind to others, even now, when their lives have been shattered. For example, they have included others in the Angel's Park memorial, it is not just about their daughter & niece. They have not publicly bashed LE for its lack of finding those responsible. They have not bashed the parents of their niece because they are not helping with Angels Park, fund raisers, etc.

I also believe they will join us in our fight to reduce/stop child abductions through public awareness, enacting new laws/procedures, and assisting others that are "in the same shoes," so to speak (offering a shoulder to lean on, coping skills, advice on fundraising, etc.).

This is far and away the best set of interviews (especially CBS2) done with Drew and Heather.

I am saving the CBS set (in 9 segments because photobucket can only save 500MB at a time) of vids.

Archive is in my siggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member