NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #2

Wonder if the jury will take an afternoon break? It's almost 4:00 there now.

Have a nice nap, NCE!

Wonder if the jury will take an afternoon break? It's almost 4:00 there now.

Have a nice nap, NCE!

Thank you! But I think I'm too nervous to sleep. I keep refreshing the weather on WILD hoping it will go away and a courtroom scene will appear.
I think it may be tomorrow when we hear something. Wish we could find out if this jury has as much freedom to stay late, etc. as other juries have had. If they are close, they may ask to go past 5 o'clock. If so, I hope and pray the news folks will still be there.

4:55 PM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
It's 4pm, and no word on jury. They are still in the locked courtroom #levichavez

Thank you! But I think I'm too nervous to sleep. I keep refreshing the weather on WILD hoping it will go away and a courtroom scene will appear.
I think it may be tomorrow when we hear something. Wish we could find out if this jury has as much freedom to stay late, etc. as other juries have had. If they are close, they may ask to go past 5 o'clock. If so, I hope and pray the news folks will still be there.

YW :)

I was just going to post that when I saw Anna's latest tweet, I hope they will be allowed to deliberate as late as they like until they reach a verdict, whether tonight or later this week. I understand budgetary concerns but I was very impressed with the other trial's jury and the judge letting them set their own hours.

Are they deliberating inside the locked court room? I never heard of that

Are they deliberating inside the locked court room? I never heard of that

I believe they are in the jury room but the courtroom doors are locked and no one allowed in while the deliberations are ongoing.

I know the jury was only allowed to hear and not see LC's interrogation (or interview) but does anyone know if it's posted anywhere that we could watch it?

Anna V ‏@Anna_Velasquez 6m

@AlApodaca i'll tweet as soon as i know what is happening with the jury... but i am filing a 5pm report so stay tuned!
Details
Anna V ‏@Anna_Velasquez 11m

@beckymsv hard to say because we are locked out, blacked out from courtroom. but judge has never gone past 5p during trial. no verdict yet

hris Ramirez ‏@KOBChrisRamirez 12m

It's 4:15. No verdict in the #LeviChavez trial. Stay tuned.

Followed by Anna V and 2 others
Expand
Alex Goldsmith ‏@AlexG_Reporter 17m

It's past 4 and we're still waiting... watching locked, blacked out courtroom. No verdict yet. #LeviChavez

I know the jury was only allowed to hear and not see LC's interrogation (or interview) but does anyone know if it's posted anywhere that we could watch it?

For the civil suit?

Was that the one that was played for the jury and we only got to hear and not see it?

I'm pilled up with migraine meds so I'm not thinking clearly. I remember that since he acted belligerent and had his shirt sleeves rolled up the judge decided not to show it. I think we heard it though. There is a link on the other thread for the civil suit in it's entirety -- do you want me to find it for you? It was in the first or second day of this trial.

I'm pilled up with migraine meds so I'm not thinking clearly. I remember that since he acted belligerent and had his shirt sleeves rolled up the judge decided not to show it. I think we heard it though. There is a link on the other thread for the civil suit in it's entirety -- do you want me to find it for you? It was in the first or second day of this trial.

No, don't bother yourself NCE, I'll find it, just wasn't sure it a link was anywhere to be found. Thanks. :)

Boy, I certainly am *not* thinking clearly--my post above makes it sound like the civil interview was played on the first or the second day of the trial. I meant that the link for the civil suit showed up on the first or second day. Here's the link for the suit:

http://www.lawreport.org/pdf/Tera_Chavez_Lawsuit.pdf

5:42 PM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Less than 20 min left, still no word from #levichavez jury.

Dang, I went back to Twitter and it had all reverted to days in last week. Where in the world did today's tweets go???? Strange.

5:42 PM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Less than 20 min left, still no word from #levichavez jury.

I am surprised we didn't get a verdict today. I think maybe the juror's are divided.

What do the rest of you think?

Jeff Proctor ‏@cjproctor74 3m

I'm hearing the jury will be released at 5 and resume deliberations tomorrow at 1 p.m. No verdict today. Will post ASAP. #LeviChavez

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back