IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent the past few days at the hospital - my boyfriend was hit by a car as he crossed the street in front of our house. Anyway, I thought about our girls on the 13th and said a prayer for their families. I hope the coverage surrounding the one year anniversary brings some new tips that will allow LE to bring charges against the killer(s).

I am so sorry, Marilyn. (((hugs))) and speedy recovery to your BF. :beats:

Witnesses have come forward stating that they saw the children near the lake close to 1 PM. The cyclist said that he rode North on the bike path at the same time that the children, if they took the bike path, would have been riding South. They should have seen each other if the children took the bike path. The children were also last seen in video cycling West on Brovan, which is the opposite direction of the bike path.

The latest reports from police relate to an SUV on Arbutus near Meyers Lake. I suppose that could mean that the van was dropping off the bikes or abducting the children.

BBM-that was the one road that I actually didn't see while I was driving around there. I saw Fareway and 4 Queens Dairy Queen, but honestly didn't realize that the bike trail was behind there. IIRC, the lake was close to the police station and I was surprised by the that. I also noticed that there were a lot of very short, dead end streets, so you would really have to know where you were going to get out of town quickly.

I've spent the past few days at the hospital - my boyfriend was hit by a car as he crossed the street in front of our house. Anyway, I thought about our girls on the 13th and said a prayer for their families. I hope the coverage surrounding the one year anniversary brings some new tips that will allow LE to bring charges against the killer(s).

Call me Dopey, but checking up.

Is he OK? xoxoxoxooxooxo

OMG...your poor boyfriend! How horrible...hopefully he is on the road to recovery!

Contacted Iowa Cold Cases:

Noticed that two missing persons cold cases were removed from the IA Cold Case List within the past month. Were they located? TIA...

Bridgette D. Bowman
Age at Report: 16
Missing From: Council Bluffs, IA
August 14, 2012

Kelsey L. Larsen
Age at Report: 16
Missing From:
Fort Dodge, IA
Missing Since:
October 26, 2012

Reply;
Iowa Cold Cases; Yes, both were located as per notifications from the Iowa Dept. of Public Safety. Good news

I agree.

I don't think the bicycles were staged; if they had been I think the perp would have left more evidence behind (fingerprints, touch DNA, shed hairs, maybe clothing or vehicle fibres, etc). The less the bicycles were handled by the perp, the less chance of leaving trace evidence behind. The least evidence would be left by the perp if he never touched the bicycles himself (maybe by luring the girls or threatening them with a weapon).

agree -

Having ridden in that trail many times, and a couple of times in the last few days, IMO if they rode there, they would have more than likely gotten there via the bike trail, probably all the way from behind Fareway. It would bee faster that way, and less visible except to other people on the trail. Didn't Drew say he took Elizabeth and her friend for ice cream the night before they disappeared? Well it was probably to Four Queens, right next to Fareway and the bike trail. I haven't watched the interview.

Anyway, my point is, if that spot by the gate was their goal, it would have been better accessed from the east side of the lake. Not sure what verified sightings there have been of the girls around the lake. IIRC, they haven't really confirmed sightings of the girls themselves near the lake. They've only asked for witnesses to come forward.

good analysis!

Oh OUCH! I hope your boyfriend enjoys a speedy, pain-free recovery. We already know he has first class company: YOU!

Doesn't the bike path pass many homes and yards?

It does, but mainly the back yards. There's quite a stretch where the yards to the east are very long, so the houses are quite a ways away, facing the street. Riding the trail on Friday and Saturday, I dont believe we encountered anyone either time, or saw anyone outside. This evening, though, 7:30ish.

The trail runs from Lafayette road. directly next to 4 queens and behind Fareway.

Yes, they were seen heading west, and the trail was to the east. But they could have easily gone around the block.

Is there a link to the witness statements? I don't remember seeing anything official.

Thanks to everyone for your kind posts re: my BF. He is doing much better and is coming home today. He had three surgeries and has several injuries that will take a long time to heal, but nothing life-threatening. He's very fortunate.

Craigs List Poet Update....

The Poet is writing new poems not so much killing poems but more emotions.
http://waterloo.craigslist.org/rnr/

You can compare the new ones with the old ones here....

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems-by/Kingdom-darkness/

I still believe that this person is connected to the case!

The poet really changed his pattern of posting in the last 2 weeks about the time one of Heather's friends was out of the country.
He is always out of town when there is an event around for Elizabeth and Lyric .
MOO

The poet really changed his pattern of posting in the last 2 weeks about the time one of Heather's friends was out of the country.
He is always out of town when there is an event around for Elizabeth and Lyric .
MOO

I'd almost forgotten about this guy! Mental block perhaps. I definitely agree with you, I think he's connected somehow. It's a stretch but especially from the newer ones, I wonder if he's got some kind of fascination with Heather.

Thanks to everyone for your kind posts re: my BF. He is doing much better and is coming home today. He had three surgeries and has several injuries that will take a long time to heal, but nothing life-threatening. He's very fortunate.

I'm very happy to hear this. May he feel better soon and continue to heal.

MOO

Or he's just one of the internet's tactical trolls .... and clueless as a stump!
At first blush they appear important. Then it becomes a constant droll of trolling the same
-old nothing ... the internet has a lot of these types with time on their hands and nothing
else.

You have been missed! I'm glad you BF is okay! Wishing him a speedy recovery.

MOO

Daisy, where've you been? Missed you. :seeya:

Daisy, where've you been? Missed you. :seeya:

Hey Bunny...
I have been around reading..
I hope we have something to report soon I am praying everyday that something breaks in this case...
I will comment a little more in the future.

BBM-that was the one road that I actually didn't see while I was driving around there. I saw Fareway and 4 Queens Dairy Queen, but honestly didn't realize that the bike trail was behind there. IIRC, the lake was close to the police station and I was surprised by the that. I also noticed that there were a lot of very short, dead end streets, so you would really have to know where you were going to get out of town quickly.

great points/observations. yes, a local would know exactly where to go. As I mentioned a few posts back; a trip from Meyers Lake to 7 bridges by vehicle takes less than an hour! 7 Bridges is such a hidden/remote area that it is doubtful anyone would hear any cries for help ...

It is surprising that we do not know of more people that saw the girls, although it was lunchtime and maybe many in the community were eating and/or napping between the hours of 12-2 p.m. KWIM

It is surprising that we do not know of more people that saw the girls, although it was lunchtime and maybe many in the community were eating and/or napping between the hours of 12-2 p.m. KWIM

SBM

It was a summer Friday during business hours, so most of the people between 16 and 65 living in Evansdale were probably working and not even in Evansdale at the time. There are some businesses in Evansdale but mostly it is a bedroom community for people who work in the Waterloo area.

I imagine that most of the people who have jobs outside of Evansdale probably don't come home for lunch, just not enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail