GUILTY CO - Leann 'Annie' Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 Feb 2013

Live feed on KDVR had a nice interview with the brother. Apparently there are possible jurisdictional issues - he (the brother) hasn't been briefed on where the murder actually occurred? They are working off of Park County being the crime scene due to finding her remains there. Waiting for DNA and poison analysis? Very interesting. I'll link the video when it's posted.

EDIT: Added link to story with interview with Annie's brother:
http://kdvr.com/2013/07/15/police-arrest-former-roommate-in-murder-of-annie-meyer/

From Twitter. Must be a press announcement, because all the local channels are saying tune in at 5pm for the story.

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver #BreakingNews: Roommate of Annie Meyer, woman found dead in Park Co, has been arrested in connection with the death. @StanCBS4 has more at 5

Will link up story once there's one posted

So thankful for this and a little surprised it happened so soon. MM must have started talking. She needed to do that.

Justice for Annie....

This is fantastic news! I thought it would take at least another month or so before LE would make a move on MM, so they must have some pretty solid evidence to arrest her. I am happy that Annie's family can feel some relief in this arrest. I just cannot imagine what they are going though, bless their hearts.

So glad to hear about this arrest. RIP, Annie. She sounded like a wonderful person. Unfortunately, there are also people like MM in the world.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ested-in-connection-with-missing-womans-death

Trounce said Miller attempted suicide shortly after Annie's disappearance because of the cloud of suspicion.
If she did try to commit suicide I'd say it's more like MM knew that she wasn't going to get away with this and LE and more weren't buying her story.

"You guys are frickin' ripping me, and I did nothing. I loved Annie more than any of you," Miller said, in a video shot by Annie's friends before police confirmed the body had been found in Park County. "I tried to kill myself. I don't want to live without Annie."
Every single time I read this is just ticks me off more and more. How dare she even imply such a thing. I'm not a hitter but I'd love to slap her for this alone.

MOO

I read that 2nd degree murder means intent to kill but without premeditation. That's a bit confusing to me - how can one "intend" without premeditation??

I read that 2nd degree murder means intent to kill but without premeditation. That's a bit confusing to me - how can one "intend" without premeditation??

She may be talking and getting some kind of plea deal. Originally it was stated she would be charged with 2nd degree with domestic violence circumstances. There was also a statement concerning awaiting lab results from possible poisoning, probably among other things. Formal charges will be coming on July 22.

Second degree murder statute (CO 18-1-3)
(1) A person commits the crime of murder in the second degree if the person knowingly causes the death of a person.

(2) Diminished responsibility due to self-induced intoxication is not a defense to murder in the second degree.

(2.5) (Deleted by amendment, L. 96, p. 1844, § 12, effective July 1, 1996.)

(3) (a) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection (3), murder in the second degree is a class 2 felony.

(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (a) of this subsection (3), murder in the second degree is a class 3 felony where the act causing the death was performed upon a sudden heat of passion, caused by a serious and highly provoking act of the intended victim, affecting the defendant sufficiently to excite an irresistible passion in a reasonable person; but, if between the provocation and the killing there is an interval sufficient for the voice of reason and humanity to be heard, the killing is a class 2 felony.

(4) A defendant convicted pursuant to subsection (1) of this section shall be sentenced by the court in accordance with the provisions of section 18-1.3-406.

An excerpt from the above link: "In an unrelated 2003 case, the death of another woman who had been involved with Miller was ruled a suicide. The woman killed herself less than a month after she filed a civil suit alleging that Miller stole tens of thousands of dollars from her."

Read the whole article!!!

I am sooo disappointed at the low bail amount

Me too.

I wonder if they can or will increase the amount of bail with this newest revelation.

I also wonder if the "suicide" case will be reopened.

I am sooo disappointed at the low bail amount

This bail amount does seem pretty low. But, the court did follow the "schedule" which I believe means their predetermined amount based on the criminal charges, so I guess this is as good as it gets.
It'll be interesting to see if anyone posts bail for her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back