16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JA's appearance in court today: :giggle:

attachment.php

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :facepalm: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

So the defense wants extra time to reply to the state's reply to their motion to take the DP off the table.....

And the defense filed motions today?

Anyone know what those motions are?

Misinformation, perhaps?

If the defense filed any motions today, they have not been officially processed. The last entry date of any filing for this case is dated July 9th.

Couple things I noticed.

JA sat down just before the judge said 'you may be seated'; like any little tiny thing she thinks she can control and get away with non-compliance, she will do it.

JA's chair is now of equal height with Jen.

Where are all the swat teams, etc. with the stun belts and what not?

This is the pic.

She was photobombed by that guy in the background. :floorlaugh: That probably ticked off the budding 'photographer'! I wonder if that guy realizes he photobombed a 'person' that just slaughtered her boyfriend and left him to rot in the shower? Creepy.

Couple things I noticed.

JA sat down just before the judge said 'you may be seated'; like any little tiny thing she thinks she can control and get away with non-compliance, she will do it.

JA's chair is now of equal height with Jen.

Where are all the swat teams, etc. with the stun belts and what not?

There were 3 guards with vests and one had a big gun:seeya:

Misinformation, perhaps?

If the defense filed any motions today, they have not been officially processed. The last entry date of any filing for this case is dated July 9th.

I think we need more info on this, but this sounds like typical DT delay, delay, delay so I wouldn't put it past them.

I think we need more info on this, but this sounds like typical DT delay, delay, delay so I wouldn't put it past them.

I listened to what little there was to hear when HLN played it and am 99% sure I heard JSS say something about the motions filed today......I will try to listen again later on. My TV was low so I might not have heard what I think I heard.

http://monicalindstrom.com/329/no-you-did-not-miss-anything-jodi-arias

snipped
Judge Stephens stated there are numerous unresolved issues, and, as such, she did not want to set a firm trial date. The unresolved issues are 3 outstanding motions:

Motion to Continue the Penalty Phase verdict;
Motion to Vacate Aggravation Phase verdict; and
Request for Entry of Nunc Pro Tunc Order for Retention of Psychological Experts Who Testified in the First Trial As Well As Prospective Order for Those Who Will Testify in the Upcoming Peanlty Phase.
For more updates please follow along at @MonicaLindstrom, and especially if you have great points, questions and comments!

I listened to what little there was to hear when HLN played it and am 99% sure I heard JSS say something about the motions filed today......I will try to listen again later on. My TV was low so I might not have heard what I think I heard.

Well someone did tweet that the motion was denied and that she denied Nurmi's argument to have more time to respond to the state but I didn't hear anything about it from any other tweeters. Maybe she glossed over it or something. So we really need more info because there's been almost nothing on what became of the defense motion.

http://monicalindstrom.com/329/no-you-did-not-miss-anything-jodi-arias

snipped
Judge Stephens stated there are numerous unresolved issues, and, as such, she did not want to set a firm trial date. The unresolved issues are 3 outstanding motions:

Motion to Continue the Penalty Phase verdict;
Motion to Vacate Aggravation Phase verdict; and
Request for Entry of Nunc Pro Tunc Order for Retention of Psychological Experts Who Testified in the First Trial As Well As Prospective Order for Those Who Will Testify in the Upcoming Peanlty Phase.
For more updates please follow along at @MonicaLindstrom, and especially if you have great points, questions and comments!

Oh wow, that's a load. So will she rule on all of these motions in August or in the meantime? And I am guessing the Motion to Continue the Penalty Phase verdict is the state's?

Oh wow, that's a load. So will she rule on all of these motions in August or in the meantime? And I am guessing the Motion to Continue the Penalty Phase verdict is the state's?

your guess is as good as anyone's about when she will rule on them....:moo:

She was photobombed by that guy in the background. :floorlaugh: That probably ticked off the budding 'photographer'! I wonder if that guy realizes he photobombed a 'person' that just slaughtered her boyfriend and left him to rot in the shower? Creepy.

Yeah, I know, I made a funny but didn't post it for fear of being stood in the corner. lol

This is the pic.

SO when was this again? Days after killing Travis?

how scary is that...

As far as I am concerned, She is convicted, so she takes up little of my thoughts now. I know it will all work out. All I want is the Alexanders to find a way to get some peace in their lives. They have been through so very much.

I agree with you but only to a point. There has to come a time where she says, "Enough. You have had plenty of time to prepare," and set a date. It's not like she's giving them a few extra hours, they've had weeks, months, to prepare for all of this stuff.
Really! There has to be some happy medium. This has gone on waaay too long, IMO.

Okay can we try harder not to mention "that trial that can't be named" when we do our posts.

I know it is hard sometimes not to and it SNEAKS OUT but we really, really need to try harder unless we have been told it's okay to do so. And if I were a betting lamb I'd say chances are NEVER. I believe other trials are okay to mention but this particular one :shush:
Bless you, LC!

Her hairdo is a replica of the female guard that had ahold of her last court appearance.
It was obvious when they showed todays and that appearance of JA on hln this afternoon.
Since these guards today are all male is a buzz cut in her future?

What a loser. Wonder how she likes her life :jail: now? All for a temper tantrum.

What was that crazy Christian with scissors thinking (for those who have seen Locked Up)? They don't even go all the way across her forehead. It's like some bizarre bang version of the Hitler mustache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member