16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hairdo is a replica of the female guard that had ahold of her last court appearance.

Re: The bun atop her head. I thought that Jodi was studying (or teaching!) ballet behind bar(re)s :D

This video shows today's courtroom proceedings in its entirety. The audio quality is very scratchy.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-update-arias-back-in-court-for-death-penalty-argument

Judge Stevens does mention motions already filed or refiled that have not been resolved. Towards the very end of the hearing, she refers to motions filed today.

An ex parte hearing was held today with the defendant and Judge Stevens said that she is unsure that issues raised during that hearing can be resolved by late September.

Wonder what the ex parte hearing was all about? Is there a possible motion in the works for a plea deal?

I think it is good that the judge is giving the defense so much. In my opinion the defense cannot claim she was prejudice if she gives Jodi LWOP. If it should come to that. moo
Oh I was thinking the same as the poster who said, Jodi will probably show up with her hair cut up to her ears. Jodi can say see, I told you I would give my hair to the cancer patients . I don't lie.moo

1. Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias39mThe State rejected my 3rd request for a plea to settle quietly and less expensively. Off to retrial we go. Sorry, taxpayers.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias42m
A few of my dedicated haters came all the way 2 court 2day just 2 glare at me. I'm flattered. Thought it was I who had nothing better 2 do.

1. Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias39mThe State rejected my 3rd request for a plea to settle quietly and less expensively. Off to retrial we go. Sorry, taxpayers.

A few of my dedicated haters came all the way 2 court 2day just 2 glare at me. I'm flattered. Thought it was I who had nothing better 2 do.

LOL at Jodi's pathetic attempts to make it look like she is trying to spare taxpayers money. If she wanted to do that she should plead guilty and ask for the death penalty.

Another LOL at her 2nd comment with yet another pathetic attempt to make it look like she is in control and that we are her minions. Hey Jodi, sure we have better things to do, in fact a million things to do such as drink strawberry frapps, visit a million places and enjoy airconditioning to name just a few. But we do so enjoy seeing you in your new outfit and matching jewelry. It's fun watching you circle the drain before you are sucked away forever to a tiny cell until you die.

Gee, i wonder what plea deal she offered. So, she says she has offered three. Never heard about the second one just the first one where she was threatening to slander TA.

That picture of her posing with an actor at Othello is what really and truly disturbs me. She has not a care in the world, she's just seen a play, she's beaming. Meanwhile Travis lay dead in the shower of his own home, her having just killed him days earlier. It's blood chilling.

True that. Posing and smiling at the play she "invited" Travis to attend six hours after she slit his throat.

ARIAS: My phone died, so I wasn`t getting back to anybody. I drove 100 miles in the wrong direction, over 100 miles, thank you very much. So yes, remember New Mexico? It was a lot like that, only you weren`t here to prevent me from going into the three digits. So fun, fun. Tell you all about that later. Also we were talking about, when we were talking about your upcoming travels my way. I was looking at the May calendar -- duh -- so I`m all confused.

ARIAS: Heather and I are going to see "Othello" on July 1st, and we would love for you to accompany us. I don`t know when Team Freedom (inaudible) is, though, but you know, it`s on the list, so we could do, we could do Shakespeare, Crater Lake and the coast, so if you can make it. If not, we`ll just do the coast and Crater Lake. But let me know. And I will talk to you soon. Bye.

This psychopath left this message a few hours after a brutal murder and a few hours prior to hitting the love sack with Ryan

I'm shocked that she has nothing to do. I thought she was going to start on that recycling project as soon as she returned to jail. I'm also surprised at how fast she gets these twitters out. (hope "twitters" is correct because I don't tweet)

Somebody needs to remind Jodi that she cannot 'offer a plea' it goes the other way around.

I'm shocked that she has nothing to do. I thought she was going to start on that recycling project as soon as she returned to jail. I'm also surprised at how fast she gets these twitters out. (hope "twitters" is correct because I don't tweet)

Yes, good point - recycling and donating her hair which judging by the size of that bun we saw in court today looks like it hasn't been cut in quite some time.

With all these twitters from Jodi through someone who I'm sure they can trace back I can't help but wonder if they could be used against her in terms of what she plans to do in prison during the next phase. Certainly not productive in terms of trying to appear remorseful in her messages. jmo

With all these twitters from Jodi through someone who I'm sure they can trace back I can't help but wonder if they could be used against her in terms of what she plans to do in prison during the next phase. Certainly not productive in terms of trying to appear remorseful in her messages. jmo

She's learned. The law makes it very difficult for anything she does to be used against her. IF she has a CUSHY judge, nothing will be allowed into evidence. Nothing of value to the prosecution anyway.

The "sidebars" alone on this case are "record breaking" and will become worthy of a book...

Disgusting.

Nothing to do with "justice". Everything to do with "covering your butt".

moo

Oh wait, just noticed something in the pics from today : NO glasses on JA in court today ...

:rolleyes:

Last time she was in court NO glasses ... just part of her show ...

Did you catch that, jury foreman ? Sorry ... :innocent: I couldn't resist ...

And I bet she'll have those glasses back on for the re-trial of the Penalty Phase ...

:seeya:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 8s
Interesting. Juan has on a nice black watch, he wears it on his right hand like I do. Don't most people wear it on the left? #JodiArias

I haven't worn watches for a long time now, but when I did, I usually wore it on the right because it felt RIGHT to me. People were always telling me it was on the wrong side. Why does it have to be on the left? Maybe because most people are right-handed (as I am), and they can continue doing whatever they are doing with their right hand and turn the left wrist to see the watch? Maybe JM is left-handed. I say wear it wherever you WANT to wear it.

Okay can we try harder not to mention "that trial that can't be named" when we do our posts.

I know it is hard sometimes not to and it SNEAKS OUT but we really, really need to try harder unless we have been told it's okay to do so. And if I were a betting lamb I'd say chances are NEVER. I believe other trials are okay to mention but this particular one :shush:

Um, which trial are you talking about? I'm serious; I don't know (I can guess, but don't have enough clues).

ETA: Got my answer (the high-profile one that just ended). Thank you!

This is what I woke up to this morning on my Facebook news feed. Snarky Tweets from a murderer. Glad the haters get under her skin. And yeah, she's so worried about taxpayers. She just needs to STHU. Either way, Arias, the haters are free and you are in jail :jail: soon to go to prison :jail: where you will be forgotten about and all the haters will be going on with their lives, free as birds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member