MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of searches has baffled me from the beginning of this case. :confused:

Me too!! I don't understand it. I mean I looked at google maps and was thinking the state park should be searched along with a few other parks and wooded area.

I'm afraid that we might have to wait until hunting season if Jessica was killed and her remains tossed in a remote wooded area.

I'm also afraid that her remains may never be found by anyone at all if it's in a shallow grave somewhere in a remote area.

I am with you on the searches. I believe I read in some article that they were not being done because they did not have a good handle on a specific area to search. Those were not the exact words but what I got from them I can try finding the exact article in a bit.

To me that's a load of crappola! I have volunteered and it is about searching areas and crossing them off as places she is NOT as well. once you have an area cleared you know she is not there and move on to the next. There are places like TES and CUE that will do the searches in a large scale.

Hunters are not LE or trained searches that know how to loo for the tiniest details and signs of evidence of a missing person and that also does not imply looking for an alive Jessica. While I don't feel the outlook is good I have to be honest with myself, did I think the outlook for Elizabeth Smart or Sean Hornbeck was good? NO!

I googled Jess and the word search and it seemed that a few places were checked based on tips but other than that the words "searching" for Jess was the investigators doing their research on the case reviewing leads not a real get out with the dogs ATV's type of search.

LE was on the scene right after Jess was taken and I hate to say it but if anything ever happened to me let's say on the way to employee parking one night if my local LE operated in this manner I am scared to death that I would never be found.

I apologize if my post comes of as harsh I am just so frustrated that this beautiful young mom is missing and her case seems to be going cold. I am not in the area and I just want to DO something and I can't other than post here with all of you and try to find some small clue that will bring her home.

Some say they think LE may have a good idea who it is and they have done interviews and know things that may not add up that we do not why are they not coming down on these people with all they have? I have seen real LE interviews on cases and some of them have been very well thought out and I have seen the perps crack right there under pressure.

Something else that is kind of on my brain right now is many perps like to sit in front of their computers and read articles about the person they are responsible for abducting or harming and a search for Jess easily would bring them right here to read these threads just the thought, ugh I need to step back and go get some pool cleaner and take out my aggression on the algae

LorinMarie,
I tend to agree with you about most the things you have stated above in your last post and the one before that. So no real need to go on about how I agree with you because I just do. I have the same thoughts and questions as you for the most part.
The perp really did have such a small time window and also seemed to know that this gas station had no cameras. The perp seems to me to have known what the perfect time to abduct her would have been. But then again depending on location some of that could be common sense for the perp and anyone els...
Her smoking a cigarette however would make sense to me. But I think I may have misunderstood. Was her cash drawer open? This whole time I've been thinking it was shut but now that I think about it...I'm pretty sure I read it was open. So your right it wouldn't add up to leave the drawer open and go smoke.
I was thinking today....what about the delivery guys? I know they come in and most the time know the store pretty well. When they deliver things they have to go in back a lot to unload. This giving a delivery man the chance to see where the lights are, how the door works, seeing that there were no cameras, ect.... Of course delivery men usually deliver during the day but still could of been some type of regular or at least new Jessica worked there alone at night. Just from talking to a few delivery guys before I know that some of them deliver up to three, four hours from where they live. If a devilry guy's last load was at 5 and he then had to back track to go home, I wonder at what time this could put him in Norton Shore headed back home for the day. I wonder what time Jessica started her shift. If maybe she started her shift around 6pm....this very well could put a delivery guy stopping in around then on his way home. IMO it wouldn't be hard to figure out someone starting a shift around then would be also closing. And it's not crazy to ask a store clerk what time they close.
Or like you said an ex employee has also crossed my mind. Or a regular.

Also if a delivery man was in earlier that day....he could of very well propped the door open then, rigged the lights so they wouldn't come on. Or something....Not sure maybe that is far fetched but just another thought about who would of known things about that store but yet could go unnoticed.

I'm on my phone so forgive me for not being able to quote the posts I'm replying to.

Thank you very much to the poster that clarifier the restroom layout. The stick you saw I really hope wasn't the same one holding the door that night. That stick I would hope was taken by LE for testing. What if the stick was used to hit Jessica or the perp propped the door with it? If it was left there and not taken as evidence the words I would use, they can't be said here that's for sure!

That aside it sounds like anyone using the restrooms can get a clear look at the back and where light switches are. We have long winters too and I have seen my regular gas station open front doors but never the back. My guess is they keep a stick to prop the door so it doesn't shut and lock when the trash is taken out or for deliveries.

I think the delivery driver is really worth looking into you're right they may learn a lot about the store and Jessica probably would feel comfortable around a person that delivers on a regular basis as well. Hopefully LE also is checking out all drivers that deliver to the store or even all drivers in the past year that she's worked there. Do any of them have access to a van I wonder

Another thing on my mind is at first the sketch was a 10 out of 10 the van was the vehicle now maybe not so confident. But aside from no break in the case what else might cause that doubt? Has the witness been interviewed again and things seem off?

You know we all went under the assumption that the perp knew there were no cameras... but we dont KNOW that ... it is possible he did disguise himself, maybe had a mask... maybe thought there was a camera? Does not change much, of course, except it would mean that the perp did not know that there were none..so we would not have to narrow it down to people who 'knew' that there were no cameras....

That aside it sounds like anyone using the restrooms can get a clear look at the back and where light switches are.

Lorin, yes, i think so. I didn't notice where the light switches were, but the bathroom door is kitty corner to the back door and it might be difficult for a clerk to see what was going on in that corner. I wish I could add a drawing of the floor layout! For what it's worth, the back door didn't give me any creepy vibes, but the back lot sure did. The bathroom was so brightly lit, it was kind of creepy too.

Something else that is kind of on my brain right now is many perps like to sit in front of their computers and read articles about the person they are responsible for abducting or harming and a search for Jess easily would bring them right here to read these threads just the thought

Yes, I've thought about this too and it creeps me out!

Just this past week, the body of Brenna Machus was discovered not far from the Family Dollar Store in Dearborn (MI) where her colleague was found murdered on Tuesday morning. It was believed at first that Brenna had been abducted and was perhaps being held against her will, but she was apparently shot to death like the other employee.

The area where Brenna's body was found, wasn't it found near a railroad track?

I have to wonder if there are any railroad tracks anywhere near where Jessica disappeared. Perhaps a railroad track that's next to a wooded area or a deep ravine.

Good Morning Everyone. I was hoping that there would be news about Jessica, but I doubted that would be true, but I wanted to check the thread anyway.
I hope you are found soon Jessica. You deserve to be found.

Good Morning Everyone. I was hoping that there would be news about Jessica, but I doubted that would be true, but I wanted to check the thread anyway.
I hope you are found soon Jessica. You deserve to be found.

I hear ya...I check this page just about everyday. Hoping for the best and some new news. But there never seems to be, so I just add what I can. Sucks. Wish we all new more.

The area where Brenna's body was found, wasn't it found near a railroad track?

I have to wonder if there are any railroad tracks anywhere near where Jessica disappeared. Perhaps a railroad track that's next to a wooded area or a deep ravine.

That's a great thought. That should be looked into. Maybe someone who rides the rails and leave town fast, before a body is discovered. Remember that one dude that rode the rails all over Texas and a few other states, murdering women, then hopping back on a train and getting out of town??? He was very transient. Maybe someone like this.............

That's a great thought. That should be looked into. Maybe someone who rides the rails and leave town fast, before a body is discovered. Remember that one dude that rode the rails all over Texas and a few other states, murdering women, then hopping back on a train and getting out of town??? He was very transient. Maybe someone like this.............

No train tracks close enough for the abductor to walk to ... and if he walked he could not have abducted Jessica... unless he stole a car/ van... in which case I think that would have been known by now... interesting theory tho...

Has anyone read this article:

http://www.9and10news.com/story/22896746/a-body-found-in-lake-michigan-neear-norton-shores

I have 2 questions:

Did he jump from the boat in order to commit suicide?
Does he match the composite sketch?

This area was searched early on in the investigation.

From your article, his name is J.E.
and from this article about J.E., there is a photo of his face,
and I do not think he matches the composite sketch. IMOO.

www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/body-found-believed-to-be-john-english

I came across this article ("Unusual-signs-posted-at-Exxon-station-where-Jessica-Heeringa-disappeared?"); somehow I missed it the first time around:

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255290/2/Unusual-signs-posted-at-Exxon-station-where-Jessica-Heeringa-disappeared?odyssey=obinsite

"Friday evening, signs were posted on the gas pumps which read, "Do not believe the reporters or papers! You are being video taped!""

When reading the article you posted a link to, I noticed the photo of the male arrested for DUI (to the right of the article) and thought he resembled the suspect sketch??

Also this quote by Jessica's grandmother just days after Jessica's disappearance: "We're willing to hang in here as long as it takes to find her and bring her home, and put that monster, get him off the streets so he doesn't hurt anybody else." doesn't sound as though she, at least, feels that Jessica is alive and "well" or was taken by a person(s) who was a good friend.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255290/2/Unusual-signs-posted-at-Exxon-station-where-Jessica-Heeringa-disappeared?odyssey=obinsite

When reading the article you posted a link to, I noticed the photo of the male arrested for DUI (to the right of the article) and thought he resembled the suspect sketch??

Also this quote by Jessica's grandmother just days after Jessica's disappearance: "We're willing to hang in here as long as it takes to find her and bring her home, and put that monster, get him off the streets so he doesn't hurt anybody else." doesn't sound as though she, at least, feels that Jessica is alive and "well" or was taken by a person(s) who was a good friend.

There was an interview video that also states that both Jessica's mother and Dakotah call him a "Monster", and Dakotah says something to the tune of Monsters Don't Care. I can try to find that video.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/crowd-gathers-to-pray-for-jessica-heeringa

"Shelly Heeringa has harsh words for whoever is responsible for her daughter's disappearance.

"He's a monster," she said.

"Monsters don't care," Quail-Dyer added."

...Also this quote by Jessica's grandmother just days after Jessica's disappearance: "We're willing to hang in here as long as it takes to find her and bring her home, and put that monster, get him off the streets so he doesn't hurt anybody else." doesn't sound as though she, at least, feels that Jessica is alive and "well" or was taken by a person(s) who was a good friend...

I remember reading this and thought that it sounded like Jessica's grandmother and/or fiancé had an idea who the perp might be. While it's true that this doesn't sound like a friend of Jessica's, it could be someone known to her - perhaps a customer who was bothering her at the gas station. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021